Prenups in Vietnam

Has anyone entered into a Prenup with a Vnamese woman, which was prepared by a Vietnamese attorney?
Were you required to provide a detailed list of your assets to be included in the Prenup?
Did you have any problem having the Prenup Notarized in VN?

I welcome any suggestions in regards to this.
Thank you.
Search...

Luigi101250 wrote:

Has anyone entered into a Prenup with a Vnamese woman, which was prepared by a Vietnamese attorney?
Were you required to provide a detailed list of your assets to be included in the Prenup?
Did you have any problem having the Prenup Notarized in VN?

I welcome any suggestions in regards to this.
Thank you.
Search...

Are you referring to assets in your home country?

Assets in both VN and in other countries

Assets in your own country will be determined by your country's laws.

My barrister in Straaalia told me to enter into a legally binding financial agreement drawn up by a lawyer, signed by both parties, and a reputable independent witness. It basically consists of a list drawn up by each party consisting of the possessions, investments, properties, and monies, owned by each party. In the event of a separation between the parties the contents of the list of each party remains the property of that party. Anything of value bought subsequently after the financial agreement is drawn up goes to the registered owner of the item, or the person named on the receipt. Anything else is divided up between the two parties as per the law of the country, or as ruled by the court of law within the country. You cannot however leave your wife destitute in some countries. If you have assets in another country it's usually best to either never mention them, or simply add them to your financial agreement, or add a clause stating that neither party has any claim on any overseas assets. Trust between the two parties is obviously paramount. In the West it's fairly straight forward but in Asia you need to get some sound legal advice. A will should be written and registered within the country where the asset exists. One should also do this if your partner is wealthier than you are.

Thank you for your response.
I will be following exactly the points you covered.