Over Population

Creating new life with no future amongst poverty
is a crime against humanity.
Some overpopulation stimulates the OFWs and brings in the Dollars, without hard currency we return to ox carts & indigenous living.
Crime is on the increase, the large jail in Manila has become a village with shops and basketball court, an improved shelter for the criminals from poverty. No longer a deterrent.
WHATS THE SOLUTION ????

Hello Peter Clark!

I hope that other members will share their opinions with you.

Harmonie.:)

Peter Clark wrote:

Creating new life with no future amongst poverty
is a crime against humanity.
Some overpopulation stimulates the OFWs and brings in the Dollars, without hard currency we return to ox carts & indigenous living.
Crime is on the increase, the large jail in Manila has become a village with shops and basketball court, an improved shelter for the criminals from poverty. No longer a deterrent.
WHATS THE SOLUTION ????

Up to now we cannot make solution out of this things, even in some other country, even we considered very nice country.. there are criminals... there in injustice.. there is not so good about their country and people.. the only good thing we can do here is to look for the good thing about one country.. and not the bad side of it..

Get my point here... if so.. I appreciate.. thanks a lot..

"Turning a blind eye" to the miseries of countries where a solution is called for is the easy way out.
All very well if you have a good life and can enjoy yourself, a pure optimist and "I'm alright Jack" point of view.

Sadly there is much misery amongst the poor that needs to be ended. Constructive ideas even drastic ones need to be considered.

There are humanity agencies with charity donations healing the poor but THEN WHAT??

Ever increasing populations, more crime, more security.

The frightening point is that these poor folk can vote and all it takes is a TV personality promising a better life and they will become president.....simple as that.

Hi, Peter Clark.. I understand your sentiments and I do shared it with it...

Also the reason why there's a lot of expats here in Middle East and I'm one of them,obviously because we shared same breath and mind as we continously observed what happens in Philippines economy.

What I did now is just looking forward everything will be change into good in future... =)

You know, both I and another expat (who is part Filipina), were attacked by some Filipino members, because we pointed out the miseries of this country, from overpopulation, crimes, corruption, how the labor force could change attitude to be more productive, etc.  We pointed these out hoping to bring about change.  And yet we were criticized as being ignorant and worthless Filipinos for relating our experience.  I think we were labeled as such because we have Filipino blood.

I have this feeling that Filipinos would listen more to a foreigner than to another Filipino.  Another member who was American, and is not Filipino, was really harsh with her comments, and yet none of those who attacked us had a word to say to her. 

Has someone already criticized your post?  If I posted what you wrote, I would have had nasty comments by now.  Speak up expats about what's really happening around you.

It's sad that poor folk vote for celebrities.  I wonder if these politicians report for work everyday, considering their film schedules and tv appearances.  Another problem is vote buying. 

Case-in-point:

An incumbent barangay captain running for re election bought votes for PhP500 per voter.  The sellers are the poor folk, who know that they will not see any improvements in their living conditions in the long term if he gets re elected. But they'd rather go for the easy PhP500.  On the eve of the elections, they were given PhP500, and the purple "indelible ink" (which is applied to a finger after one has already voted, to prevent him/ her from voting multiple times) was painted on their finger, so they can't vote in the morning.

The cheater won. 

I think that sometimes people bury themselves deeper into poverty through their own choice and fault.  Filipinos, especially poor folk, should be reminded that easy money is not "cheap".  It has very pricey consequences, including worse living conditions for the future. 

Peter Clark wrote:

"Turning a blind eye" to the miseries of countries where a solution is called for is the easy way out.
All very well if you have a good life and can enjoy yourself, a pure optimist and "I'm alright Jack" point of view.

Sadly there is much misery amongst the poor that needs to be ended. Constructive ideas even drastic ones need to be considered.

There are humanity agencies with charity donations healing the poor but THEN WHAT??

The frightening point is that these poor folk can vote and all it takes is a TV personality promising a better life and they will become president.....simple as that.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

You know, both I and another expat (who is part Filipina), were attacked by some Filipino members, because we pointed out the miseries of this country, from overpopulation, crimes, corruption, how the labor force could change attitude to be more productive, etc.  We pointed these out hoping to bring about change.  And yet we were criticized as being ignorant and worthless Filipinos for relating our experience.  I think we were labeled as such because we have Filipino blood.

I have this feeling that Filipinos would listen more to a foreigner than to another Filipino.  Another member who was American, and is not Filipino, was really harsh with her comments, and yet none of those who attacked us had a word to say to her. 

Has someone already criticized your post?  If I posted what you wrote, I would have had nasty comments by now.  Speak up expats about what's really happening around you.

It's sad that poor folk vote for celebrities.  I wonder if these politicians report for work everyday, considering their film schedules and tv appearances.  Another problem is vote buying. 

Case-in-point:

An incumbent barangay captain running for re election bought votes for PhP500 per voter.  The sellers are the poor folk, who know that they will not see any improvements in their living conditions in the long term if he gets re elected. But they'd rather go for the easy PhP500.  On the eve of the elections, they were given PhP500, and the purple "indelible ink" (which is applied to a finger after one has already voted, to prevent him/ her from voting multiple times) was painted on their finger, so they can't vote in the morning.

The cheater won. 

I think that sometimes people bury themselves deeper into poverty through their own choice and fault.  Filipinos, especially poor folk, should be reminded that easy money is not "cheap".  It has very pricey consequences, including worse living conditions for the future. 

Peter Clark wrote:

Hi There... Just 7pm only here in Kuwait...
Well Well... Love your shared here FilAmericanMom...
this is very true... I'm here in Kuwait one of rich country to considered too... but complaints are non-stop too by expats... see it's not with us... it's also how they percieved and view the country and their life as well.

here is my Kuwait Journey..if you got time you can read it and see how I changed things from lemon into juice and not complaining here and there...
diarynigracia.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-will-return-i-will-bring-chang-and.html]My Kuwait Journey

Thanks...

The Philippines seems to be full of unmarried mothers.
We have done some voluntary work, teaching poor kids from the province. Great children and loads of satisfaction as a result. However we hear shocking stories such as the smell of dead relatives in homes because the family has no money to pay for funeral services. One young girl of 12 years had only just begun menstruating and her stepfather impregnated her. Lovely young girl and spoke to my wife of her worry about the looks from her new step dad who supported them by his scrap metal business. Now the girl will "disappear" to an Auntie in Manila where she will give birth. Imagine...being regularly raped in the early morning in a scrap yard!! The step father is safe since the family depend on his money for support, that is what's left after the drinking and gambling!

Well Peter there's a lot od worst storie than that in America or even in Canada. The worst for me is that, one mother in Canada has 3 children with different father, then remarry to someone wuth two step sons and owned daughter to previous wife they are living together, stepfather slept with  present wife's daugther and get pregnant..sad thing..one more thing, once there's a mother pushed her kids to the coming train in a subway..well it happens everywhere..is it?

Changes begin from people itself,no matter how good the leader in a certain country..

The Philippines seems to be full of unmarried mothers.

I believed.

We have done some voluntary work, teaching poor kids from the province.

Good to hear... Good advocacy...

Great children and loads of satisfaction as a result.

And great job!!!

-However we hear shocking stories such as the smell of dead relatives in homes because the family has no money to pay for funeral services.

-One young girl of 12 years had only just begun menstruating and her stepfather impregnated her. Lovely young girl and spoke to my wife of her worry about the looks from her new step dad who supported them by his scrap metal business. Now the girl will "disappear" to an Auntie in Manila where she will give birth.

Imagine...being regularly raped in the early morning in a scrap yard!! The step father is safe since the family depend on his money for support, that is what's left after the drinking and gambling!

I know a bit shocking...
But even here in Kuwait... IT HAPPENS... only a little bird can told what was the real story... (teary me...)
It's not only in Philippines... it's every part and cornet of the world... have you heard the story of Norway Massacre...
one of the smile country... and low crime country... but here they are... a native norweigian... made the shocking news...

And so many stories.. too here in kUwait.. that is more than you can think of someone normal person can do it... ... We are just lure as to  what we see only in front of us...

Every country... has it own flaws to measure...=(

My story...my journey...
diarynigracia.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-will-return-i-will-bring-chang-and.html]My Journey In Kuwait

diarynigracia.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html]diarynigracia

honeyclotte wrote:

Changes begin from people itself,no matter how good the leader in a certain country..

What a lovely words to hear...

diarynigracia.blogspot.com/p/about-me

"Changes begin with People" What do you say to mothers in poverty with 6 and more children. They have no guilt and only smile when quizzed no why they have so many. We see so many on the TV game shows.
The new Birth control bill says that after 3 children a women should only have more dependent on status and can be sterilized.(think that's right)
Why after 3, and what happens to the fathers who abandon the mother and move onto the next gullible lady?
It doesn't seem to matter what future lies in store for the baby. Life is too precious to create for no future.
I think that both parents who create a child in poverty should be prevented from repeating the action and the child given to an orphanage where a loving couple can give it a stable future.