Vietnam Reopening for Tourists, With Conditions

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
schleger wrote:

So, the most recent discussion on this thread center around getting visas for the newly announced reopening of travel to Vietnam. This announcement came on the eve of a weekend and most people involved with issuing visas are closed or are still processing the announcement. I have a silly question perhap one of you can answer:
I have a valid VEC ( Visa Exemption Certificate). Here's the silly question, am I good to travel from USA to Vietnam in April on this? Or, do I need to get one of those tourist or business visas I used a few years ago?
Second, my wife who lives with me in the USA will be traveling to VN with me. She has a Vietnamese valid passport, USA Green Card. Are these documents all she needs to enter Vietnam? Aside from the CoVid vaccine passport. Or, does she need a visa?
I just want to make sure.
Happy to be seeing a return to near-normal!

The only requirement I can infer when reading what's come out so far will be the need for "self-isolation" on arrival.

It remains to be seen what that means and if you can do that at a hotel or if you need to be at a private residence somewhere.

It's been my guess that the big driver here (urgency) has been the desire to get overseas Vietnamese back in Vietnam in time for Tết.

So it remains to be seen if there will be different requirements for those staying at the private residence of family sponsors, vs. people staying at commercial establishments.

All speculation on my part.

It might be modeled like Thailand. Need that first negative test after arriving.

coffmanrl61 wrote:

Same here concerning the visa application. But it's a start, looking forward to visiting friends. This is my first trip to Vietnam I am very much looking forward to it.

Did you get your Certification of Vaccination from the Embassy yet? The Embassy told me I must have it for entry into Vietnam.

I'm waiting until April to bolt. I'm too adapted to the heat now - I would freeze in Calif before spring. Ugh, just remembered, wearing jeans and shoes again.  :P

Hi guys can we try to drop the heat please as there are also many Vietnamese members plus new members who read what we post.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - Free booster shots for everyone - Ho Ho Ho

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you that a few off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Please let's follow Andybris2020's advice above.

Thank you.

Diksha
Expat.com team

Latest update from the government website (English translation direct from the web page):

Fully vaccinated arrivals may be required to self-isolate for three days

15:28 | 15/12/2021

VGP –

Fully vaccinated air passengers or those having recovered from COVID-19 may be required to self-isolate at home, places of residence, hotels for three days.

The Ministry of Health proposes three-day self-quarantine for fully vaccinated passengers

This is one of possible requirements for air passengers being drafted by the Ministry of Health.

Under the current regulations, a seven-day mandatory quarantine is applicable to fully vaccinated entrants or those who have recovered from COVID-19.

In addition, the ministry proposed that entrants (excluding under two-year-old children) may also be required to have a negative COVID-19 test prior to the flight departure time.

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated entrants may be required to self-isolate at home for seven days and to undergo PCR tests for COVID-19 on the first and seventh days from the date of arrival.

It is expected that the new requirements will be adopted this month before Viet Nam resumes international commercial flights next month.

Earlier, Government approved the resumption of international commercial flights between Viet Nam and nine destinations that have high vaccination rates and good pandemic control from January 1, 2022.

These destinations are San Francisco or Los Angeles (the U.S.), Singapore, Bangkok (Thailand), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Vientiane (Laos), Beijing/Guangzhou (China), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (the Republic of Korea), and Taiwan.

Viet Nam closed borders to foreign tourists from March last year, allowing only its nationals, foreign experts, investors, and highly-skilled workers to enter.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Fully-vaccinated-arrivals-may-be-required-to-selfisolate-for-three-days/202112/46364

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Latest update from the government website (English translation direct from the web page):

VGP –

Fully vaccinated air passengers or those having recovered from COVID-19 may be required to self-isolate at home, places of residence, hotels for three days.

The Ministry of Health proposes three-day self-quarantine for fully vaccinated passengers

This is one of possible requirements for air passengers being drafted by the Ministry of Health.

Under the current regulations, a seven-day mandatory quarantine is applicable to fully vaccinated entrants or those who have recovered from COVID-19.

In addition, the ministry proposed that entrants (excluding under two-year-old children) may also be required to have a negative COVID-19 test prior to the flight departure time.

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated entrants may be required to self-isolate at home for seven days and to undergo PCR tests for COVID-19 on the first and seventh days from the date of arrival.

It is expected that the new requirements will be adopted this month before Viet Nam resumes international commercial flights next month.

Earlier, Government approved the resumption of international commercial flights between Viet Nam and nine destinations that have high vaccination rates and good pandemic control from January 1, 2022.

These destinations are San Francisco or Los Angeles (the U.S.), Singapore, Bangkok (Thailand), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Vientiane (Laos), Beijing/Guangzhou (China), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (the Republic of Korea), and Taiwan.

Viet Nam closed borders to foreign tourists from March last year, allowing only its nationals, foreign experts, investors, and highly-skilled workers to enter.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Fully-vaccinated-arrivals-may-be-required-to-selfisolate-for-three-days/202112/46364

Is this a duplicate? Or an expat glitch - I'm sure this was on here a few days back

Jlgarbutt wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

VGP –

Is this a duplicate? Or an expat glitch - I'm sure this was on here a few days back

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =3#5307112 yes it was posted about on Friday and Saturday, I also said wait until more info about visa filter down

Jlgarbutt wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

VGP –

No it's not a duplicate or a glitch.

This is the follow-up article to the article that was posted on the 11th of December by Andy.

He posted the link to a Vietnam Express article in Vietnamese.

These are the two individual stories from English language portal of the government website:

This is the official article that was the basis for the information that Andy shared:

http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Viet-Nam-t … /46333.vgp

This is the follow-up article, posted today because it now discusses the specifics regarding self-isolation, with the recommended time period being 3 days and the information that a person will be able to do this in a home or in a hotel.

http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Fully-vacc … /46364.vgp

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

VGP –

This is the follow-up article to the article that was posted on the 11th of December by Andy.

These are the two individual stories from English language portal of the government website:

This is the official article that was the basis for the information that Andy shared:

This is the follow-up article, posted today because it now discusses the specifics regarding self-isolation, with the recommended time period being 3 days and the information that a person will be able to do this in a home or in a hotel.

Yes it was posted on Friday & Saturday.

Sunday - Recommended time is 3 days.

Until information from official channels is posted in writing and has a stamp on it as a directive its just a news story.

It has already changed 3 times since Friday.

Andybris2020 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Until information from official channels is posted in writing and has a stamp on it as a directive its just a news story.

I showed Ms My Oceanboys copy & paste of the news article. She gave me a look & said.......honey you live here long time & you understand. News morning not same news afternoon, not same news evening & never same news 1 week.
Andy is right all OB's post is just grasping at straws & wishful thinking on his part & until there is an official stamp on it it means nothing so why post it?

goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I showed Ms My Oceanboys copy & paste of the news article. She gave me a look & said.......honey you live here long time & you understand. News morning not same news afternoon, not same news evening & never same news 1 week.
Andy is right all OB's post is just grasping at straws & wishful thinking on his part & until there is an official stamp on it it means nothing so why post it?

I'm very grateful that you have become such a regular and dedicated reader of my contributions to the forum.
I'd hate to think that you were ignoring me.

I'd say give it three months probably after Vietnamese new year T e T they will open for tourists

I sense that there are a lot of people waiting for the official word. As I am one of them. Took a chance and purchased tickets in April, fingers crossed. A lot of families and loved ones are waiting to come back to country.

mikedylan2001 wrote:

I'd say give it three months probably after Vietnamese new year T e T they will open for tourists

Your opinion, right?

Similar to this opinion you posted in August?

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=947721#5199832

mikedylan2001 wrote:

Looks like Vietnam will go the way of many other countries in the not too distant future. Fully vaccinated tourists to be allowed in after a seven day hotel quarantine. This measure will protect people from the disease as well as protect tourist businesses from going under. I think this is something the Vietnamese government really needs to get a grip on.

We'd all love to read any factual basis behind your new opinion.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

I'm very grateful that you have become such a regular and dedicated reader of my contributions to the forum.

If only 😉

Jlgarbutt wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

If only 😉

Less from the peanut gallery or I'll bring back the survey monkey  :cool:
I't like trying to herd cats  :huh:

Thanks for the info!

allenpfeister wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to Expat.com Allen,
If you use the "Quote function" we can track who/what you are replying to and answer any questions you may have.
Keep coming back we will post the latest news on quarantine requirements local news on visitors feedback as they start to arrive etc.
If you wish to ask anything thats not covered Start a new thread and we will have a go at helping you best we can.

Merry Christmas & a Happy Ney Year

Andy
Expat.com Team

4 days before Jan 1 flights and ... Vietnam decides to not "live with covid" anymore.  :o

Article this morning Dec 29 on Zing news.  In case expatcom flags links, just search for this in Google and translate page to English:
Kế hoạch khôi phục đường bay quốc tế có nguy cơ gián đoạn

Bullets:
-- Of 9 air routes, only 2 have had paper work approved and tickets can be purchased
-- Cities are issuing rules more restrictive than Ministry of Health rules.
-- Hanoi says all passengers from countries with omicron must be quarantined
    (Note: every one of the 9 routes are from countries with omicron)
--- Ho Chi Minh City rule: Airlines need to provide a list of all passengers and where they will be staying in VIetnam 24 hours before arrival
    (what airline is able to do that?)
-- Apparently Moc Bai land border is open anyway

- - - - - - - Translated text - - - - - - - -

Plan to restore international routes at risk of disruption

The appearance of the first Omicron case in Vietnam and the fact that Hanoi requires people to enter the country to be isolated, make the goal of restoring international routes may be delayed.

Only 4 days left until the time to restore international routes to Vietnam. Of the nine international routes scheduled to reopen from January 1, 2022, only two to the US and Japan have completed negotiations and started selling tickets. The remaining seven routes have not been negotiated yet.

While negotiations to resume flights with other countries were still difficult, Vietnam received information about the first case of Omicron mutant infection detected in Hanoi.

Local policies create obstacles

On the morning of December 28, authorities announced the first case of Omicron mutant infection in Vietnam. This patient entered Hanoi from the UK on December 19, and was isolated at 108 Military Hospital immediately after entering.

A day earlier, the Hanoi People's Committee issued a document requiring passengers from a country where the Omicron mutation was recorded to be isolated, regardless of whether they had been vaccinated or had Covid-19 before. This is considered a stricter measure than the guidance of the Ministry of Health. In the guiding document, effective from January 1, 2022, this ministry only requires people entering the country to receive a full dose of the vaccine to monitor their health at home for 3 days.

In Ho Chi Minh City, the local health authority requires airlines to provide a list of people entering each flight to the international health quarantine department at the border gate at least 24 hours before entry, with enough information on the address of the place of residence and stay in Vietnam to transfer to the locality to prepare for the reception and supervision of people on entry according to regulations.

The fact that the Omicron mutant infection entered Vietnam but was isolated in a timely manner shows that localities have reasons to be "strict" in management, mandatory centralized isolation for people returning from countries with Omicron mutations. . However, for the plan to reopen international routes of the Ministry of Transport, local policies are creating obstacles.

In a report sent to the Ministry of Transport, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam said that the new regulations of Hanoi City are not consistent with the guidance on management of people on entry of the Ministry of Health, different from the contents announced by the Civil Aviation Administration to other agencies. partner. This new regulation forced the department to discuss with all countries/territories, affecting the plan to restore regular international flights to Hanoi.

Regarding the request of the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam also believes that this requirement will cause difficulties and infeasible in implementing the plan to operate the regular international flight.

According to the plan to restore international routes, in phase 1 from January 1, 2022, Vietnam will open 9 routes to Beijing/Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Vientiane, Phnom Penh, San Francisco/Los Angeles. According to the report of the Civil Aviation Administration, all of the above destinations have recorded the Omicron variant. If Hanoi's regulations are applied, international routes will not be able to operate according to the criteria of limited isolation and safe adaptation.

Talking to Zing , a representative of the Ministry of Transport said that the negotiation to connect international flights is still difficult because it has not been able to reach agreement with many countries. According to the principle of equality in negotiation, the Vietnamese side must treat the citizens of your country of entry in the same way as the Vietnamese side treats Vietnamese citizens. If your country does not require isolation of visitors from Vietnam, the Vietnamese side must also have the same policy.  :lol:

Although the Ministry of Transport was previously empowered by the Deputy Prime Minister to decide on the resumption of regular international commercial flights, the representative of this ministry said that new developments of the epidemic and local policies made it difficult for the ministry to continue. capable of self-determination. "There needs to be more guidance from the Ministry of Health, even reporting to the Government," he said.

In the context that there are only 4 days left until the time to restore international routes, a representative of Vietnam Airlines said that the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam has just granted slots for 2 routes to Japan and the US. The airline has started selling tickets with these two routes. The remaining seven routes are still unable to sell tickets because they have not completed negotiations with the host country.

Priority should be given to Vietnamese returning home

Talking to Zing , Dr. Luong Hoai Nam, an aviation expert, said that Hanoi's policy of "building a fence" to prevent Omicrons is causing a stir in the overseas Vietnamese community and at the same time has the risk of becoming a tendency to spread from one locality to another, hindering the repatriation of Vietnamese people.

"If Hanoi requires concentrated isolation of people returning from countries with Omicron, every day there will still be hundreds of Vietnamese returning home by flying to Cambodia and then entering through Moc Bai border gate, Tay Ninh. Hanoi blocked but Cambodia does not block, Tay Ninh does not block, so it is very funny", Dr. Luong Hoai Nam expressed concern.

Aviation experts said that the Omicron variant is still controversial in the world, so Vietnam also needs to be cautious. However, experience shows that Vietnam used to be very strict in preventing delta mutations, but this strain still penetrates. Many countries are also very strict but still can't stop Omicron. Medical experts in Vietnam assess that preventing Omicron from entering is an impossible goal.

"In this situation, the restoration of international flight routes needs to clearly distinguish different passengers for coherent handling. When the Lunar New Year is approaching, the passengers that need to be given priority are relatives. Vietnamese people have the desire to return home to celebrate Tet, including those who have been hurt and separated from their families during the two years of the epidemic," said Dr. Luong Hoang Nam.

Recently, because international flights have not reopened, overseas Vietnamese reluctantly have to choose rescue flights or combo flights of Vietnamese airlines with expensive fares, up to 80-150. million VND for flights from Europe/USA to Vietnam.

In that context, many flights of Singapore Airlines and Turkish Airlines still landed at Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat. Each trip only carries a few dozen passengers who have entry permits. With the current mechanism, foreign airlines cannot transport Vietnamese passengers back home.

"It is advisable to create conditions for overseas Vietnamese to return home on flights of foreign airlines. When returning to Vietnam's airport, test Covid-19 at the airport and monitor their health at home for 3 days under the guidance of the Ministry of Health. economy," said Mr. Nam, adding that this approach not only ensures the prevention of Omicron mutations, but also helps lower fares on international flights.

The second priority object after expatriates are foreigners who have a need to come to Vietnam for a short time to invest in business. In order to ensure trade and economic development between Vietnam and other countries, Mr. Nam said that the Government should also create favorable conditions for this person to be equivalent to the repatriated Vietnamese.

gobot wrote:

4 days before Jan 1 flights and ... Vietnam decides to not "live with covid" anymore.  :o

Article this morning Dec 29 on Zing news.  In case expatcom flags links, just search for this in Google and translate page to English:

Bullets:
-- Of 9 air routes, only 2 have had paper work approved and tickets can be purchased
--- Ho Chi Minh City rule: Airlines need to provide a list of all passengers and where they will be staying in VIetnam 24 hours before arrival

The appearance of the first Omicron case in Vietnam and the fact that Hanoi requires people to enter the country to be isolated, make the goal of restoring international routes may be delayed.

Only 4 days left until the time to restore international routes to Vietnam. Of the nine international routes scheduled to reopen from January 1, 2022, only two to the US and Japan have completed negotiations and started selling tickets. The remaining seven routes have not been negotiated yet.

While negotiations to resume flights with other countries were still difficult, Vietnam received information about the first case of Omicron mutant infection detected in Hanoi.

On the morning of December 28, authorities announced the first case of Omicron mutant infection in Vietnam. This patient entered Hanoi from the UK on December 19, and was isolated at 108 Military Hospital immediately after entering.

A day earlier, the Hanoi People's Committee issued a document requiring passengers from a country where the Omicron mutation was recorded to be isolated, regardless of whether they had been vaccinated or had Covid-19 before. This is considered a stricter measure than the guidance of the Ministry of Health. In the guiding document, effective from January 1, 2022, this ministry only requires people entering the country to receive a full dose of the vaccine to monitor their health at home for 3 days.

In Ho Chi Minh City, the local health authority requires airlines to provide a list of people entering each flight to the international health quarantine department at the border gate at least 24 hours before entry, with enough information on the address of the place of residence and stay in Vietnam to transfer to the locality to prepare for the reception and supervision of people on entry according to regulations.

The fact that the Omicron mutant infection entered Vietnam but was isolated in a timely manner shows that localities have reasons to be "strict" in management, mandatory centralized isolation for people returning from countries with Omicron mutations. . However, for the plan to reopen international routes of the Ministry of Transport, local policies are creating obstacles.

In a report sent to the Ministry of Transport, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam said that the new regulations of Hanoi City are not consistent with the guidance on management of people on entry of the Ministry of Health, different from the contents announced by the Civil Aviation Administration to other agencies. partner. This new regulation forced the department to discuss with all countries/territories, affecting the plan to restore regular international flights to Hanoi.

Regarding the request of the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam also believes that this requirement will cause difficulties and infeasible in implementing the plan to operate the regular international flight.

According to the plan to restore international routes, in phase 1 from January 1, 2022, Vietnam will open 9 routes to Beijing/Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Vientiane, Phnom Penh, San Francisco/Los Angeles. According to the report of the Civil Aviation Administration, all of the above destinations have recorded the Omicron variant. If Hanoi's regulations are applied, international routes will not be able to operate according to the criteria of limited isolation and safe adaptation.

Talking to Zing , a representative of the Ministry of Transport said that the negotiation to connect international flights is still difficult because it has not been able to reach agreement with many countries. According to the principle of equality in negotiation, the Vietnamese side must treat the citizens of your country of entry in the same way as the Vietnamese side treats Vietnamese citizens. If your country does not require isolation of visitors from Vietnam, the Vietnamese side must also have the same policy.  :lol:

Although the Ministry of Transport was previously empowered by the Deputy Prime Minister to decide on the resumption of regular international commercial flights, the representative of this ministry said that new developments of the epidemic and local policies made it difficult for the ministry to continue. capable of self-determination. "There needs to be more guidance from the Ministry of Health, even reporting to the Government," he said.

In the context that there are only 4 days left until the time to restore international routes, a representative of Vietnam Airlines said that the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam has just granted slots for 2 routes to Japan and the US. The airline has started selling tickets with these two routes. The remaining seven routes are still unable to sell tickets because they have not completed negotiations with the host country.

Talking to Zing , Dr. Luong Hoai Nam, an aviation expert, said that Hanoi's policy of "building a fence" to prevent Omicrons is causing a stir in the overseas Vietnamese community and at the same time has the risk of becoming a tendency to spread from one locality to another, hindering the repatriation of Vietnamese people.

"If Hanoi requires concentrated isolation of people returning from countries with Omicron, every day there will still be hundreds of Vietnamese returning home by flying to Cambodia and then entering through Moc Bai border gate, Tay Ninh. Hanoi blocked but Cambodia does not block, Tay Ninh does not block, so it is very funny", Dr. Luong Hoai Nam expressed concern.

Aviation experts said that the Omicron variant is still controversial in the world, so Vietnam also needs to be cautious. However, experience shows that Vietnam used to be very strict in preventing delta mutations, but this strain still penetrates. Many countries are also very strict but still can't stop Omicron. Medical experts in Vietnam assess that preventing Omicron from entering is an impossible goal.

"In this situation, the restoration of international flight routes needs to clearly distinguish different passengers for coherent handling. When the Lunar New Year is approaching, the passengers that need to be given priority are relatives. Vietnamese people have the desire to return home to celebrate Tet, including those who have been hurt and separated from their families during the two years of the epidemic," said Dr. Luong Hoang Nam.

Recently, because international flights have not reopened, overseas Vietnamese reluctantly have to choose rescue flights or combo flights of Vietnamese airlines with expensive fares, up to 80-150. million VND for flights from Europe/USA to Vietnam.

In that context, many flights of Singapore Airlines and Turkish Airlines still landed at Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat. Each trip only carries a few dozen passengers who have entry permits. With the current mechanism, foreign airlines cannot transport Vietnamese passengers back home.

"It is advisable to create conditions for overseas Vietnamese to return home on flights of foreign airlines. When returning to Vietnam's airport, test Covid-19 at the airport and monitor their health at home for 3 days under the guidance of the Ministry of Health. economy," said Mr. Nam, adding that this approach not only ensures the prevention of Omicron mutations, but also helps lower fares on international flights.

The second priority object after expatriates are foreigners who have a need to come to Vietnam for a short time to invest in business. In order to ensure trade and economic development between Vietnam and other countries, Mr. Nam said that the Government should also create favorable conditions for this person to be equivalent to the repatriated Vietnamese.

So little or no international flights then.

Found the link below which might be of interest if not already posted

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

gobot wrote:

Bullets:

I'm quoting your informative post to bump it for those seeking the most current information.

Also, this seems to be a conflict caused by individual domestic restrictions (by individual provinces and provincial cities) and the international restrictions put forth by the central government.

Ironically, this is certainly due to the domestic edict which was issued early on in the pandemic, allowing local governments to issue stricter restrictions than those of the national government.

So local domestic policy was allowed to supercede national domestic policy.

One can only guess as to what discussions are happening behind closed doors right now, but it's hard to imagine that the national government will allow its plan for reopening international traffic to effectively be neutered by local governments.

Not so different to Australia where Mr McGowan has cut Western Australia off from the rest of the world

Thanks so much,!!

When the document allowing all visitors to enter is signed  and it has a red stamp then I will believe. Until then I'm just waiting in Cambodia.

"Also, this seems to be a conflict caused by individual domestic restrictions (by individual provinces and provincial cities) and the international restrictions put forth by the central government.

Ironically, this is certainly due to the domestic edict which was issued early on in the pandemic, allowing local governments to issue stricter restrictions than those of the national government.

So local domestic policy was allowed to supercede national domestic policy."

They figured out how to make money out of it, and they'll get away with it. Non-educated officials only concerned with how to make a fast buck of of a bad situation with their people  that  they could careless about, Just make some easy money. I can't wait till HG province goes back under Can Tho control.
Rick

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/vi … 15-2495541

MarkinNam wrote:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/vietnam-end-covid-19-curbs-international-flights-feb-15-2495541

This does not mean the country is opening for Tourists at this tiime.

pogiwayne wrote:
MarkinNam wrote:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/vietnam-end-covid-19-curbs-international-flights-feb-15-2495541

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =4#5356318

March 17th .. skyscanner and scoot already have ticket prices,,, was 245AUD from Goldcoast sold out in 20min

pogiwayne wrote:
MarkinNam wrote:

michaeldouglasgroner wrote:

Travel Agents in VN are very busy at this moment. Yes, this is just what it means.

That article was about flights becoming available.

This article is the one referring to tourists finally being able to enter (awaiting a specific plan):

e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/vietnam-to-reopen-international-tourism-from-march-15-4428237

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
pogiwayne wrote:
MarkinNam wrote:

Travel Agents in VN are very busy at this moment. Yes, this is just what it means.

This article is the one referring to tourists finally being able to enter (awaiting a specific plan):

e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/vietnam-to-reopen-international-tourism-from-march-15-4428237

Thanks OB. Some don't read what it's all about.

pogiwayne wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
pogiwayne wrote:

All the time...  ;)

Let's hope that people wait to buy non-refundable tickets until they actually have a Visa approved.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
pogiwayne wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
pogiwayne wrote:

All the time...  ;)

Let's hope that people wait to buy non-refundable tickets until they actually have a Visa approved.

I'm in Phnom Penh right now waiting. 😆

Correct

that we should NOT rely on what we read at VN Express or any other media source regarding open borders

So you are saying we should not listen to the politicians that make the rules but read a flyer in an Embassy where most people have no access?

Everybody should rush to their local VN embassy/consulate according to this guys ridiculous post.

This "guy's" comment is quite sane and reasonable and the only ridiculous comment is that absurd retort coming from you in the form of sarcasm. Being more open-minded and acknowledging the perspective of others, particularly if based on factual information or reliable sources is worth giving consideration.

I suppose when you are a serial conman you believe anything you post.

Im sure Trang is happy to see the back of your sorry arse. I pity the poor girl you have tricked this time.

My fiance and I just visited the VN Embassy in Bangkok yesterday and were informed by the officer there that we should NOT rely on what we read at VN Express or any other media source regarding open borders for "tourists". The officer directed our attention to "official" notices on a board in the room we were in and that those notices released first and only to Embassies and Consulates are the only current, updated and true documentation, if any, of tourist travel into VN.

Its on Visa sites, in news sites and every one including other countries have the same info:-
"The Vietnam's Government Leaders, on February 16, 2022, agreed on the proposal of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Vietnam on fully reopening international tourism and lifting all travel restrictions from March 15.

Accordingly, the restrictions imposed on Vietnam visa issuance, unilateral and bilateral visa exemption will be removed then."

All that is left is the details, paperwork to be given the big red stamp and it's Good Morning Vietnam - meanwhile tourist on tours that are here now can leave the tours after 3 days of entry if they are negative.

Mentioned in the link is also "On March 15, Vietnam will fully reopen to tourism, lifting travel restrictions."
Link to tour info story

Closed