Dental Implants

My wife and I live in Cabarete part of the year and I am looking for a good dentist in Santiago for implants.  Anyone have any experience?  Any idea of the costs?

Thanks!

Dr.Lepe in puerto plata specializes in implants. Did mine.

Cibao Dental Spa.... they speak English and are excellent - Santiago

Many international clients

@Tripp789

Hello,

I used he's crevice and I'm really happy with result.

Dr. Juan José Cestero

Doctor at Clinica Cestero

Clinica Cestero

@ilkerTopal

Hello,

when you're looking for dental implants don't look only the price,looks for qualification of surgeon,where are the implants,material ect.

Usually the lower price have a lots of compromises,that's my own experience.

Best luck

I wanted to add to the above comment, I had a crown done in Cancun Mexico, and they did a great job and it was half the price or even less compared to Canada.  Implants are alot different.  These days titanium implants are recommended, cost more but much less likely to be rejected by your body.   First they pull your tooth, put the implant in your jaw bone.  Now you need to wait for it to heal before the implant is attached to the piece connected to your jaw.  You are toothless during this time unless you use a temporary denture. If you have medical conditions like diabetes, it will take longer to heal. My father at age 80 had one done and it took 6 months for him but it didnt heal properly.  FYI

Sometimes when the oral surgeon  pulls  the tooth  ($700 ) they put bone graft in  ( $300 )where the tooth was and wait 3 months for it to grow in……. Then they'll put the implant,

( $4 - 5k)  then the dentist will be able to take the impression ($900 )to order the tooth…….. each  insurance usually covers 30 - 50% depends in NYC …. So I'm sure if you're getting it done in a third world country you getting a bargain……. Remember you get what you pay for don't go cheap, good luck

Like above, this is a process.  Pull tooth, wait 3 months for jawbone to grow back to fill the hole where the tooth was, then get the screw implant post installed and then another 3 months for that to have the bone adhere to the screw, then the mold for crown to be made, and then final fitting.  I get all dental work done on the Mexican border with a great dentist, and he charges depending on the crown wanted.  Metal, porcelain, or   an upgrade from these.  I always get the best upgrade, and last price was about $1,600 USD total.  Easier for me since I live in Texas.