Covid vaccination

Hi everyone. I am trying to find out if I can travel to Morroco without being fully vaccinated against covid, Is it mandatory if I'm from the UK? I will flying into Morroco from France or Spain but I haven't been vaccinated and I don't know if I'll be allowed entry? Can anyone advise on this please? Thank you

MissMe2 wrote:

Hi everyone. I am trying to find out if I can travel to Morroco without being fully vaccinated against covid, Is it mandatory if I'm from the UK? I will flying into Morroco from France or Spain but I haven't been vaccinated and I don't know if I'll be allowed entry? Can anyone advise on this please? Thank you

You will need to provide proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the second dose administered at least two weeks prior to travel, and a negative PCR test result before boarding your flight or ferry to Morocco. The result must show that the PCR test itself was undertaken no more than 48 hours before boarding.

Even if you are allowed to travel to Morocco with just a PCR test, unfortunately you will not be allowed entry into any malls or cafe and hotels without evidence of your Covid vaccine.

Tracking between cities will also need to show evidence of vaccine pass. U.K. NHS vaccine pass is acceptable within Morocco.

It's better to contact the airline or British embassy for further clarification on the matter to be sure.

Recent rules for Moroccan citizen and residence:
1st vaccine - pass valid for 28 days
2nd vaccine - Pass valid for 6 months
3rd Vaccine  - Pass valid until further notice.

Vaccines have somewhat become mandatory in order to continue with normal way of life to some extend.

Thank you so much, I will look into this further. I appreciate your response 😊

https://www.visitmorocco.com/en/travel- … to-morocco

Yes you need to be fully vaccinated.  I'm just returning from Morocco last week.

Looks like I won't be traveling to Morocco then. There's no way I'm getting it.

I don't know why people are spreading the word of unvaccinated people not be able to travel to Morocco, when that is not entirely true. As of right now, even unvaccinated people are able to travel, they just need to have negative PCR test done 48 to 72 hours prior to boarding their flight. 48 or 72 hours is depending on a country you are flying from and for that information you can go to their website...WELCOME TO MOROCCO, there you will find a list of countries made into category A and B... if you are flying from category A ...you need to have your PCR test done within 48 hours and you might have to quarantine for 7 to 14 days...again, there is a list of countries that are mandated to quarantine at the arrival....countries from list B....needs a PCR test no more than 72 hours before the flight and there is no quarantine for these countries. Anyhow, before your decision to purchase the ticket, search the info and ask the airline as well. Morocco is trying to implement vaccine passport for restaurants, bars, movie theaters and any of the public spaces but other than that you don't need to be vaccinated to travel, however search and ask before doing so. Another thing...if you are planning to travel between the cities...unvaccinated...best bet is to travel by bus or train as there are police barrage everywhere and they will ask for the vaccine passport but traveling by bus, they are not doing that as much, if by any chance they stop the bus and ask you for vaccine passport but you don't have it... worst thing is, they issue you a ticket, lol
Plan, search, ask and travel...simple....enjoy...

Things changed this month, November. I know Royal Air Maroc said neg test or vaccinayion. But I don't know right now if that is still the case. If vaccinated a neg test is required within 24 hrs or 72 hrs. Different websites say different things. Does anyone know how it is currently?

Update of access conditions to Morocco
Last updated 2021-08-30 08:49:41.0

Update of access conditions to Morocco

I. Travelers from List “A” countries

Travelers from these countries whether they are Moroccan citizens, foreigners established in Morocco, or citizens of these countries or foreigners residing there - may have access to Moroccan territory if they present:
-Completed and signed health form
-A certificate attesting that the passenger is fully vaccinated - after two weeks of receiving the 2nd dose of vaccine or the single dose
Or
-they present a negative PCR test result not exceeding 48 hours upon boarding

The vaccination certificate or PCR test must be included in the Health Pass for countries which have this document.

II. Travelers from List “B” countries

Travelers from these countries are listed into two categories and must be provided with the following documents upon check-in:
1) Vaccinated passengers:
-A certificate attesting that the passenger is fully vaccinated - after two weeks of receiving the 2nd dose of vaccine or the single dose;8
-A negative PCR test not exceeding 48 hours upon boarding (time between sampling and boarding);

The vaccination certificate or PCR test must be included in the Health Pass for countries which have this document.

2) For incompletely vaccinated or unvaccinated passengers :

a. Foreign passengers:

-A negative PCR test not exceeding 48 hours upon boarding
-The declaration of honor completed and signed (modèle 1)
-A voucher justifying the payment of 10 days of confinement in one of the hotels designated by the local authorities, , with a control PCR test on the 9th day.

b. Moroccan passengers and members of their families (spouses, ascendants and descendants) as well as foreigners residing in Morocco:

-A negative PCR test not exceeding 48 hours upon boarding
-The declaration of honor completed and signed (modèle 2) mentioning the commitment to self-isolation at home for 5 days, with a screening test (antigen, rapid or PCR) on the 5th day.

NB:
- Children under the age of 11 are exempt from screening PCR regardless of their origin country.
- For foreign passengers affected by the confinement measure in a hotel, the transfer from the airport to the hotel will be at their expense;
- Passengers from “list B” country traveling via a country on list A and having stayed there for at least 10 days are aligned with those coming from list A, and subject to the same access conditions.
- Residents in Morocco (Moroccan or foreign) are exempt from presenting the Health Pass and remain subject to the conditions of the health protocol in force.

Important:
-The entry into force of the new rules is decided by the authorities on August 29, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
-We remind you that it is the exclusive responsibility of the customer to be informed before his trip and to comply with the authorities' conditions and requirements of the departure and arrival countries.

List A contains the Member States of the United Nations that are not mentioned in List B.

List B includes Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chile , Colombia, Congo, Congo (DRC), Cuba, United Arab Emirates, Eswatini, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lesotho, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritius, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Uganda, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Central African Republic, People's Democratic Republic of Korea (North), Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, South Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Chad, Thailand, Togo, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia and Tunisia, France, Spain, Portugal.

merka1975 wrote:

I don't know why people are spreading the word of unvaccinated people not be able to travel to Morocco, when that is not entirely true. As of right now, even unvaccinated people are able to travel, they just need to have negative PCR test done 48 to 72 hours prior to boarding their flight. 48 or 72 hours is depending on a country you are flying from and for that information you can go to their website...WELCOME TO MOROCCO, there you will find a list of countries made into category A and B... if you are flying from category A ...you need to have your PCR test done within 48 hours and you might have to quarantine for 7 to 14 days...again, there is a list of countries that are mandated to quarantine at the arrival....countries from list B....needs a PCR test no more than 72 hours before the flight and there is no quarantine for these countries. Anyhow, before your decision to purchase the ticket, search the info and ask the airline as well. Morocco is trying to implement vaccine passport for restaurants, bars, movie theaters and any of the public spaces but other than that you don't need to be vaccinated to travel, however search and ask before doing so. Another thing...if you are planning to travel between the cities...unvaccinated...best bet is to travel by bus or train as there are police barrage everywhere and they will ask for the vaccine passport but traveling by bus, they are not doing that as much, if by any chance they stop the bus and ask you for vaccine passport but you don't have it... worst thing is, they issue you a ticket, lol
Plan, search, ask and travel...simple....enjoy...

Update - Legally the vaccine pass is just for entering public places like hotels and shops, malls, cafe etc. Local busses, taxies, cars and walking on the streets. By law the police cannot request to see vaccine passport unless your travelling between cities. Permission can be granted at the local police.

As far as entering the country is concerned if you fly to Morocco without vaccine. However you are required to have PCR test as rightly mentioned above. But you must also quarantine depending on the country you're coming from. If you're a Morocco resident or citizen then you can legally quarantine at home for 5 days otherwise its 10day in a hotel on the approved Hotel list.

Yes if you get can't provide the appropriate documents then there is a fine and possible prison however police opt for issuing fines instead.

Even though the law required proof of vaccine most places do not check the pass. However you PCR test is valid for 72 hours so if you have a PCR test that can be used to replace the Vaccine pass but for 3 days only.

Laws and rules can be broken but we strongly advise not to break them or opt for fine. As long as we all work together the rules can be relaxed but by braking the rules the Freedom is taken away.

So please enjoy Morocco and your visit but most importantly respect the rules and keep safe and enjoy your visit, travels, stays - wherever you all are.

Thank you