Car rental without a credit card

Hello everyone, does anyone know of a way to rent a car without using a credit card here in Colombia. I only have debit cards, and I need to get my hands on some wheels asap.

Thanks

Hi AlbertRufus,

I hope that you will find the answers to your questions very soon.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Dear Albert,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of Expat.com ...

Help us help you.  With more details about your transportation needs, members can possibly brainstorm ways around your problem (besides finding a debit-card-accepting company).

Millions of South Americans and Expats accomplish plenty all the time without access to a car they personally can drive.

By the way, your question is a relevant one .. and there is still the chance someone can come up with the answer you seek.

cccmedia

I see (on the self-introductions thread) that you may have already solved this problem for the first month -- via airport rental agencies that you understand will accept your debit card, although at a higher rate than you would like.

That buys you a month's time to seek a lower rate if available .. or even consider buying wheels if you expect to live in Colombia for a while and will soon obtain a visa/cédula.

It is conceivable that the same company or companies that are offering you higher rates at the airport may have slightly-less-convenient locations where their rates are lower.

cccmedia

Been going to and lived in Colombia for 58 years and have never rented a car there.

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has the answer to this original question? I would like to rent a car from bogota for 10 days but is there a way or any companies that allow this without a credit card, and does anyone have the names of these companies please?

Thanks

Jawenna

@Jawenna Panamericana rentacar on Calle 92 #15-62 may take your debit card and also hold a deposit. You can call them at 310 698-3493 and ask them

I see that Exito is renting cars but don't know if a CC is mandatory. I need to re-new the SOAT for my KIA car tomorrow and I will inquire what the process is (eg I renew my SOAT at the kiosk at Exito each year when due.