Recycling ♻️ in Montenegro

I have noticed some recycling bins  around in several locations and they are just above ground level .
I know one of the bins is food waste but i was woundering does anyone know can glass bottles go into the other bin or is it plastics and cardboard.

This depends on the municipality; for example in Podgorica there is a divide between wet and dry waste which effectively means that biological waste goes into one container, and all the rest into the other.

But with these installations just above ground level there usually is no separation of materials except when you have a sign on it which says one of the following:

PLASTIKA - plastics
PAPIR/KARTON - paper/cardboard
MOKRO - wet waste
SUVO - dry
STAKLO - glass (but have not seen it yet).

Thanks for the information, i think it is similar in Herceg novi,but i wasnt sure about glass bottles and jars but it seems like the municipalities have not set up recycling for glass yet.

kumbor wrote:

I have noticed some recycling bins  around in several locations and they are just above ground level .
I know one of the bins is food waste but i was woundering does anyone know can glass bottles go into the other bin or is it plastics and cardboard.

Bins  for glass should be placed, till then we can put them in either paper or plastic waste bin in a bag but what I find most terrifying is  the cigarette butts on the beaches. Some areas must be designed for smokers, like in Phuket, Thiland, and bins must be placed there. Otherwise the beaches will be covered by the butts, which is very dangerous for sealife and the tourism income for Montenegrins.

This article gave me hope, although I don't know how soon they will take charge: https://www-vijesti-me.translate.goog/v … pto=nui,sc