Driving to Italy from the UK

Hi, please can anyone help with info on documents, quarantine etc as my husband and I travel through France and Switzerland to Italy and back.  We'll be travelling in our camper and will journey as quickly as possible (usually one night in France).   It seems to be a minefield and my old brain is addled!  We're both double jabbed, have insurance in place and NHS proof of vaccines.  I know this is a big ask but we need to make this journey otherwise we wouldn't be going.  Thanks.  Chris

I'm not sure what you need to travel in and out of the preceding countries, but this is the official page for Italy: https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/re … wUK6x_SGfQ

I suspect you will need to quarantine for 5 days on your arrival in Italy with a test on the 5th day.

Thanks Phil, I'll take a look.

This info is all online. Italian health department has regular updates.

No she doesn't need to quarantine. She is vaccinated. She needs a PLF. Of course I doubt anyone will check. I entered on a bus and nothing was checked boarding or departing the bus. Never any checks.Very lax!

I've just done the trip, last week.
I had to show French customs my proof of vaccination at Dover and get a private covid test to ensure I was negative. I also completed a passenger locator form (euplf.eu) online which provided a scan code for the authorities.
Once I arrived in Umbria I had to report my presence and self isolate for 5 days. I'm at the stage now where I must get another test and It has been arranged for tomorrow at my local testing station -

Thank you Seve S.  We're still debating whether to go or not.  We've been away from our home in Italy since the pandemic struck so need to get back, but driving from the UK through several borders is a bit daunting.  We make this journey regularly in normal times but times aren't normal now!  However, you seem to have had a very easy experience.  Thanks for sharing.

I had no issues either - as long as you have your ducks in a row it should be plain sailing!
Nothing insurmountable 😉

rawsonchristine wrote:

Thank you Seve S.  We're still debating whether to go or not.  We've been away from our home in Italy since the pandemic struck so need to get back, but driving from the UK through several borders is a bit daunting.  We make this journey regularly in normal times but times aren't normal now!  However, you seem to have had a very easy experience.  Thanks for sharing.

Just make sure you do your plf online the day before you leave and keep the email receipt. An email receipt is acceptable to board a plane so should suffice at the border.

Thank you Linda.  That certainly explains it more clearly and has given us some reassurance.  We're both fully vaccinated and self isolation on arrival in Italy isn't a problem but we've had at least one bad experience in Calais before and really don't want to be stuck in France!  Enjoy your time in Umbria, we'll be heading to Le Marche.

Thank you Seve.  Clearly good preparation should see us through.

Am arriving Cherbourg on direct ferry from Ireland and intend to travel by car through France to Italy.
Don't expect problems
Can anyone recommend a good ( typical French ) place to stay at midway point ??

Ciao

Leslie