Do parents get citizenship in Panama if the baby is born there?

In Mexico and Brazil, if a mom gives birth to a baby on the soil there, the child gets citizenship while the mom and the dad all get permanent residency.

Is this the case in Panama? or something similar.

a child born in Panama is a Panama citizen by right of birth

when the child is at least 5 the parents can apply to become permanent residents   by supplying documents including police checks, birth certificates etc

check this is still the case but it was     child can  never be deported  the citizenship is unconditional

Okay, Thank you for taking the time.

So the child gets citizenship but the parents don't right?

My understanding is that the foreign parents of a Panamanian born child can only get permanent residency.  BUT once you are a permanent resident for a period of time you can apply for citizenship. I think it is 5 years usually but maybe if you have a Panamanian child it would be less. Ill see if I can find out my friend is a lawyer there but we cant of course give actual legal advice on a forum.

That'd be awesome.

We're not concerned with fill citizenship as much as permanent residency, but we are preparing for deciding on where to have the next kid so the mom and I and kid can benefit.

The child can get citizenship but you must wait at least three years to apply. The key word is can apply at that time. A note of caution as well, you might find that if you are not living in Panama for a majority of this time you might have difficulties to justify approval for permanent residency. They might ask "Why should we grant residency when they don't even live or work here"?

my understanding (not legal advice ) is Panama will not deport the parents of a child born in Panama.   

After 5th birthday of the child parents can apply for permanent residency.     

Please check this with a reputable lawyer. 

And make sure when you seek advice to distinguish between residency and citizenship - as different rules apply. 

I can refer to one if you like.  It is worth getting this clarified rather then accepting advice on liner or using search engine

My daughter was born here in Panama and her citizenship is Panamanian. We already have our permanent residency here but our lawyer advised us that we can opt to apply for citizenship after 5 years. It will only be 3 years if one parent of the child born here is Panamanian.