Police letter as proof of residence

Hi

Just a question, I have moved into my new apartment earlier this month but don't get my police clearance from my Landlord, he keep saying he can only arrange it next month as they are closed but I went past the station a few times and they are open.

I think and its just my theory that he was not allowed to get people to move in because of restrictions.

What should I do?

Thank you

etcoplus wrote:

Hi

Just a question, I have moved into my new apartment earlier this month but don't get my police clearance from my Landlord, he keep saying he can only arrange it next month as they are closed but I went past the station a few times and they are open.

I think and its just my theory that he was not allowed to get people to move in because of restrictions.

What should I do?

Thank you

Maybe he is not registered to have foreigners or doesnt want to pay the bribe.

There is an online portal where you can be registered.

colinoscapee wrote:
etcoplus wrote:

Hi

What should I do?

Thank you

Maybe he is not registered to have foreigners or doesnt want to pay the bribe.

There is an online portal where you can be registered.

From my experience.............I am registered on line but my GF & the landlady still had to go to the local police to get 1....her registered & 2....take my PP etc for my registration.

Thank you but the only site I could find is where the Landlord must register me, so please share where you think I can do. Thank you

etcoplus wrote:

Thank you but the only site I could find is where the Landlord must register me, so please share where you think I can do. Thank you

Yes , you are right I think.  Its the person who is landlord or landlady that registers you online but again I am pretty sure they still have to go with you or at least take your documents to the local police. Sorry for any confusion!

My wife registered me online, the police then asked for my wife to produce ID for me at the station.

etcoplus wrote:

Seeing as you posted on the Vietnam forum you will need to say which provence you are in to access the site.

Here is the one for Saigon, you just need to change the name of the provence in the link.

Registration

thank you I'm in Saigon

Was the same when I moved, excuses from the landlady.. did it myself in the end. Wasn't because she had legal issues to register me.. just lazy 🤪

This depends on the city and whether you will need that paper- job, marriage,  investment, having motor accidents

Hmm

colinoscapee wrote:
etcoplus wrote:

Seeing as you posted on the Vietnam forum you will need to say which provence you are in to access the site.

Here is the one for Saigon, you just need to change the name of the provence in the link.

Registration

Just tried the link....just for grins...started to log in and make the app, kept getting an error with the apartment address.  I don't need to worry about this now, but I know that she has me registered in a wrong apartment.  She managed to piss off the ward police and they wouldn't stamp her paper some time ago...another story

Yes. I always wondered about registering with the police and what that actually means. When I moved into my apartment the broker wanted my passport to register me with the police, but at that moment it was with immigration. Once I got it back, I never reached back out to her so she could register me and she forgot. What could be the consequences of this?

exstam1 wrote:

Yes. I always wondered about registering with the police and what that actually means. When I moved into my apartment the broker wanted my passport to register me with the police, but at that moment it was with immigration. Once I got it back, I never reached back out to her so she could register me and she forgot. What could be the consequences of this?

A lot I would think, especially with Covid about! As a matter of interest, what address do you have on your health declaration?

exstam1 wrote:

Once I got it back, I never reached back out to her so she could register me and she forgot. What could be the consequences of this?

Without a residence registration, you cannot renew your visa.  Since Covid, if an agent has been helping you with visa renewal without residence registration, s/he was doing it under the table and the renewal might not be legit.

goodolboy wrote:

As a matter of interest, what address do you have on your health declaration?

This is for you, goodolboy:  When filling out health declaration, which app do you use? 

My suggestion is to do all three: VHD, Bluezone, and NCOVI.  It's not a bother because it should take everyone less than a minute per app (well, longer for my husband because he always acts confused until I do it for him.)

The government requires all offices, hospitals, schools, supermarkets, traditional markets, accommodations, restaurants, etc. to have a QR Code to check the arrival (and sometimes, departure) of guests, but I don't think the same QR Code applies to all three apps.  When I went to Lotte Mart this morning, their QR was only for Bluezone.  Regrettably, I haven't done anything with Bluezone for weeks (have only been declaring on VHD and NCOVI).  They made me correct the problem before allowing me to enter.

Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

This is for you, goodolboy:  When filling out health declaration, which app do you use? 

My suggestion is to do all three: VHD, Bluezone, and NCOVI.  It's not a bother because it should take everyone less than a minute per app (well, longer for my husband because he always acts confused until I do it for him.)

The government requires all offices, hospitals, schools, supermarkets, traditional markets, accommodations, restaurants, etc. to have a QR Code to check the arrival (and sometimes, departure) of guests, but I don't think the same QR Code applies to all three apps.  When I went to Lotte Mart this morning, their QR was only for Bluezone.  Regrettably, I haven't done anything with Bluezone for weeks (have only been declaring on VHD and NCOVI).  They made me correct the problem before allowing me to enter.

This is the one I have used for over a year on my laptop & phone.

https://tokhaiyte.vn/?tab=3

Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

FYI:

I used only the NCOVI android phone app during my recent crossing of Provincial borders at checkpoints, flights within Vietnam and exiting Vietnam at SGN Airport.

It worked like a charm.

For some reason the Bluezone app repeatedly refused to install on my Samsung phone purchased in Vietnam.

goodolboy wrote:

This is the one I have used for over a year on my laptop & phone.

https://tokhaiyte.vn/?tab=3

That's VHD (Vietnam Health Declaration), the very first app.  I added NCOVI when the MoH asked us to do so, then Bluezone was created when Hanoi (or was it Danang?) became the hotbed of virus and they recommended us to install the new app to see if there were new cases happened near us.

Because of that, I didn't report on Bluezone regularly; I thought it was just a "Hey, there's still not anyone with Covid entering your area" kind of thing.  Who could've known that I was almost turned away from Lotte Mart for my unintentional neglect.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

For some reason the Bluezone app repeatedly refused to install on my Samsung phone purchased in Vietnam.

It didn't work on Charles' Samsung either, until recently.  They must have fixed whatever wrong with it.

Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

It didn't work on Charles' Samsung either, until recently.  They must have fixed whatever wrong with it.

Just a comment but I have it on my Samsung & seems ok, but daily update I do on laptop. Its a big fingers, eye sight & age thing, I have never really come to terms with doing stuff on the small screen. Once I get out of lock down I need to get out of my comfort zone & get up to speed on this fancy scanning thing on my phone saves a lot of bother filling in forms to get into places these days.

Oh & just as a matter of interest after I saw the post from another member where his Vietnamese wife got pulled up by police for not having it on her phone I did a small survey of Vietnamese friends & not one of them said they were on any Covid health update app incl Ms My!

goodolboy wrote:

Oh & just as a matter of interest after I saw the post from another member where his Vietnamese wife got pulled up by police for not having it on her phone I did a small survey of Vietnamese friends & not one of them said they were on any Covid health update app incl Ms My!

At Lotte Mart yesterday, they separated customers to two groups; one for people with app and the other one for people without. The ones without had to fill out medical report on paper form.  The ones with app had to scan the QR Code on the board that the market set up.  That's when it showed that I hadn't reported for a while on Bluezone. 

I read on a government source that everyone must have apps now.  Can't locate the source at the moment but I'll post it when I do.

Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

At Lotte Mart yesterday, they separated customers to two groups; one for people with app and the other one for people without. The ones without had to fill out medical report on paper form.  The ones with app had to scan the QR Code on the board that the market set up.  That's when it showed that I hadn't reported for a while on Bluezone. 

I read on a government source that everyone must have apps now.  Can't locate the source at the moment but I'll post it when I do.

Can you explain to Mr Thicko here in simple step by step terms how you do that scan deal please! Before we got locked down I saw AEON had that QR code thing on a board but I did not know what to do so just filled in details on paper but at that time it was just....time,date, name,address & telephone number & like 4 tick boxes, then it was hand spray & temp check.

goodolboy wrote:

Can you explain to Mr Thicko here in simple step by step terms how you do that scan deal please! Before we got locked down I saw AEON had that QR code thing on a board but I did not know what to do so just filled in details on paper but at that time it was just....time,date, name,address & telephone number & like 4 tick boxes, then it was hand spray & temp check.

Scanning is much faster, about a second or two. All you need to do is aiming your phone camera closely at it, but do not click.  Within a fraction of a second, the QR will show on your screen as if you have taken its image. That means your data is received. That's it.

Ciambella wrote:

Do you know what allowance they make for people who do not have a smart phone?  I don't have any type of phone - smart, mobile, or landline.  Perhaps just lock me in my house? LOL  Seriously, when you find the reference, I am interested.

Travelfar wrote:

Do you know what allowance they make for people who do not have a smart phone?  I don't have any type of phone - smart, mobile, or landline.  Perhaps just lock me in my house? LOL  Seriously, when you find the reference, I am interested.

"In the absence of a smartphone, a person can use the computer at the site to declare and then access the system (tokhaiyte.vn) to print out a confirmation QR-Code. Alternately, an attendant can verify the person's declaration using his/her phone number, then print out a confirmation."

Source: Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Provincial Party Committee

What that means is even if you don't own a phone, you still have to register and declare with one of the 3 sites (or all 3 to make sure you're properly covered) I mentioned in a previous post.  This should be done routinely to keep your account active and make it easy to print out a QR code when needed.

I always use my current address in everything i do. its not like i am trying to hide it. the broker just never registered it. do you REALLY think they are that organized with their entire system done in paper?

exstam1 wrote:

I always use my current address in everything i do. its not like i am trying to hide it. the broker just never registered it. do you REALLY think they are that organized with their entire system done in paper?

Brokers don't register you, the home owner does that.

then my broker was doing it on behalf of the owner....

goodolboy wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

your usual politeness again i see ... why don't YOU get kicked off for your constant  uncalled for rudeness ... why is it not called out as the abuse it is? 

(and often you wrong anyway)

bug64 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

your usual politeness again i see ... why don't YOU get kicked off for your constant  uncalled for rudeness ... why is it not called out as the abuse it is? 

What in the world are you ranting about?

Nothing "rude" in goodolboy's reply.

He calls himself "Mr Thicko" as self-deprecating humor, because he doesn't fully understand the procedure, and honestly wants help from ciambella.

Go back to where you were sent the last time.

instead of fighting...what do people think about my topic? should i let the broker register me or is it not a big deal?

exstam1 wrote:

instead of fighting...what do people think about my topic? should i let the broker register me or is it not a big deal?

As long as you're registered, it doesn't matter who takes your details to the ward.  Just make sure the person knows that you need your own copy of the registration  (with fresh signature and a stamp).

but what happens if i am not registered? is it serioius?

exstam1 wrote:

but what happens if i am not registered? is it serioius?

It is.  Have it done on Monday.

ok. thanks

but i am curious: HOW is it serious? in what way?

like what would they do?

exstam1 wrote:

like what would they do?

Ask you to vacate.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
bug64 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

What in the world are you ranting about?

Nothing "rude" in goodolboy's reply.

He calls himself "Mr Thicko" as self-deprecating humor, because he doesn't fully understand the procedure, and honestly wants help from ciambella.

Go back to where you were sent the last time.

It never ceases to amaze me how mentally deranged our old mate is. Constantly moans and groans, yet keeps coming back. Maybe a frontal lobotomy is his best option. Im sure this username will be banned soon.