Finding a job as a Software Engineer within a month

How hard will it be to find a job as a software engineer (with more then 8 years of experience) within the first month of moving to Brussels ? is it worth it to leave everything behind back home and risk it all ?

Finding a job in IT is pretty easy and super fast, finding a good & interesting one is something else.
But.... Jully / Augustus is a dead timeframe, everybody will be on vacation...
And so, you won't have much interview before mid Augustus / beginning of September.

You also have to consider that you need a work permit (unless you're a partner of a EU resident), and you won't get it before 1 month 1/2 - 2 months in best case scenario.
It also means that your next company will have to do all the work permit administration for you and that they're willing to wait... ==> you can't start working and getting money yet! You'll need sufficient resource to survive until you receive it.

thank you for your reply, i do have a work permit and a type D visa, it's just that the position i was willing to occupy had been cancelled due to COVID, but i decided to move anyways

could you please tell me approximately how much money will i need per month ?

Basically if the job was canceled, it means your work permit is cancel too, and so, your right to settle in Belgium too.
A work permit is always linked to a company. If you change job, you'll need to request a new work permit. (actually it's the company that must do the admin)

It depends on your standard and if you can live in a small studio or if you want to be more comfortable in a bigger appartment...
Life is pretty expensive, especially the accommodation / insurances / food
Just never pay more than 1/3 of your salary in a rent.

To give you an idea: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ry=Belgium

About your salary, it depends on the technology, your skills, experience, the languages (FR/NL/EN), admin to be done for your work permit, etc...
Technology point of view, a C/C  /ASM software engineer will get way more than just a java one.
Some exception such as Salesforce & else can grant you a higher salary.
But you've to understand that salary is only a part of the package that you've to negotiate. And most of the time, the employer will not be super flexible about the salary itself, but with all the other advantages in your package.

In a standard IT contract (13.9 months), you can expect a company car, fuel card, lunch meal, health insurance. As you're an expat, you can even try to negotiate 1-2 flight tickets per year if the package seems a bit low, etc...

thank you very much, that was a very rich and informative answer.