Apartment for 1 man in 500 Euro. Possible near Franklinstraße, Berlin?

Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe.

I am a working bachelor and looking for an apartment where I can get settled.
I want a room with kitchen and bathroom at rent on or, below 500 euro. Is it possible??

Thanks,
Roushan.

One would be lucky to find their own apartment for this price but one can't say it's impossible. At the lower price range it might not be the nicest place. The thing is that there are not lots of small, one-person apartments in general. German apartments tend to be larger, often suited  for multiple people. Thus many people, especially young ones like students, tend to share apartments. Say one finds a 40 m2 one bedroom apartment one might pay around 600 to 700 euros/month when including utilities. But one easier might find a 65 m2 2-bedroom place that would cost 850 to 950 euros, or say a 90 m2, 3-bedroom flat for 1100 to 1200 Euros - making it cheaper per person.

If you mean bare rent ("kalt"), it should be possible to find a small apartment at or below €500/month in Berlin if you look around for a while (and are willing to compromise on location and/or standard).
But you should also budget for utilities (€100-200/month) - and if you want something furnished, you should increase your budget quite a bit.

Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe.

I am looking for accommodation in Berlin to my daughter, next year from March to July. She needs a room with kitchen and bathroom at rent on or, below 500 euro. She is going to study thanks to a mobility grant that gives her a limited amount of money to pay for her accommodation. It could also be a room inside a family home.

Thanks
Marco
Lima-Perú

Telloma: I think this was already answered in the thread above. Did you read it?
But rentals for such a short time 8less than a year) are difficult to find at those price - and buying her own furniture also isn't worth it for such a short time (furnished places cost far more!).
It is more likely to find a sublet (furnished) room. Or she could try to get a place in a (subsidized) student hostel.

If she is actually a student then she can register by the Studeinwerk Berlin; a service through the University system that helps students get accommodation during their studies including the possibility in a University residence. I am posting a link below to the English language page about housing.

German Universities tend to have very limited numbers of student housing but priority is usually given to foreigners since it is obvious that they would have more difficulty in such a matter.
Otherwise, as often discussed on this site, most students find a room in a shared private  flat known as a Wohngemeinschaft or WG. But this might be next to impossible to do before arrival.

https://www.stw.berlin/en/housing.html

Looking for an apartment in  -

- minimum 35m2 studio, preferably more towards 45/50m2
- Central and South-East Berlin preferred, but can be flexible on the area (but not outside the ring)
- 1 person moving in
- 1or 2 rooms
- the higher the floor the better, starting at minimum 2nd floor  (so for example platte or sth similar would be great)
- bathroom with a bathtub is highly preferable
- price warm max £650/700

Please let me know if you are a landlord with an offer. Looking to move in end of Jan.
via****

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You won't find a flat to rent on this forum (but may want to ask questions or read advice on finding a place to stay). An ad like this is better placed in the classifieds section of the site - or, even better, on classified ads sites like ebay-kleinanzeigen.de.
Also, warm rentals (meaning rent including heating costs) are not legal in Germany - and the currency here is €, so don't mention your budget in £!

Also: Don't include your personal contact details and do not post the same message multiple time - as required by the forum rules (which you should have read when you signed up)!

Also, warm rentals (meaning rent including heating costs) are not legal in Germany - and the currency here is €, so don't mention your budget in £!

- @beppi

Technically correct but many students for example get a room in a shared apartment AKA a WG and then the utilities are almost always included. The main renter of the place has to pay the utilities and can charge the sub-renters a fixed amount. If one has their own apartment then they are of course always the main renter.