Wanting to live in Dakar

I am an American and I have a few friends in Senegal and They have told me of Dakar and I wish to come and live there. Will I be accepted there and find people friendly??

What are you worried about exactly ?
People are very welcoming and Dakar is very busy like very busy!

Hello, I would have to search the streets to try and find my friends, we have lost touch with each other and I am a older white male and I am not a fighter so to some people I might just look like prey.

A Dakar les gens sont très gentils et très accueillant. Et ils ne sont pas fainéant. Ils ne te prennent pas pour une proie ils cherchent seulement à te proposer de travailler pour toi comme garder ta voiture porter ton sac te vendre quelque chose. Tu dis oui ou tu dis non c est tout. Mais il faut savoir qu un blanc est un riche et donc que tu es en capacité de donner du travail. Un touriste est un porte feuille sur pattes mais il ne sera jamais violenté. Les gens proposent et le touriste dispose. Tu peux en tant que blanc être très heureux au Sénégal c est un pays de paix.

Thank you for responding to me but I only speak English.

Hello jr54,

I only speak English!

Use Google translate.

The Senegalese are the nicest people on earth, full of integrity and self-respect.

I compare them a bit to the Japanese.