Shipment container with household goods coming from US

Hi , we recently moved to DR from US , my husband is a citizen there and US . We shipped our household stuffs in a 20 feet container and it is landing on the Rio Haina port , does anyone know the procedures or the custom fees I will have to pay . We already paid US$500 for port handling fees .
Anything you know would be helpful . Thank you in advance.

Do.you.have a customs broker lined up?

No

I've only gone through the process with a broker, and I know my experience was much better than some of the horror stories I've heard from others!

Radca Couriers are experienced and very knowledgeable about the process.

If you contact them, tell them Denise & Dave McGhee referred you! That doesn't get us anything, but I'm sure they like hearing their satisfied clients are sending people their way!

Thank you so much . Will do that

Yes you must have a broker lined up ahead of time.

I was following on the thread about a customs broker. I went to the company you recommended but everything is in Spanish! Is there a way to translate it to English to inquire about their services?

If you respond to the PM I sent you with your WhatsApp number, I'll forward you contact info for the daughter of the owner of Radca. She speaks English and serves as translator for her mother.

Also, add a google translator extension to your browser. I use it with Chrome and it translates any website from Spanish to English for me.

Thank you!

You can copy/paste anything into google translate

Anyone ever used 1Relocation Worldwide for moving to Las Terrenas from USA? Any feedback on them?