Van hire Spain to the UK and back

Does anybody know a van hire firm (national or Local) near Barcelona Airport that allows you to go to the UK and back? Many don't eg  Enterprise, Avis

John

Have you considered buying a cheap van in the UK, get a month only tax and reselling it? I know this may be a bit of a pain, but it will vastly give you more flexibility

Good thinking, but we are just selling up with the after Brexit 90 days in 180 days maximum after 12 years in France and four here in Spain, and we have to be out of our property 8th August with lots to sort out. Going over to the UK means 10 days isolating and we need time here. Even the  "shorter "Test to Release 5 day isolation takes 8 days with a second test needed 2 days after that with that result the next day. I wouldn't buy a cheap van for fear of breakdown, and vans in the UK are in high demand at present  with lots of people signing up with delivery firms (no bargains).

This many not meet your criteria, but you may wish to consider this as an option: Two companies who advertise as (1) Fully legal, Spanish registered who run two vans twice per month to and from the UK/Europe and (2) Reliable, regular trips to and from Spain to England via France, fully insured. I have no affiliation with either organisation and I think it may breach this sites rules to give further information on this post, so if you are interested, contact me direct.

Bee Eater,

thank you, but once in the UK I need the van for a few days to sort things out, then I would drive it back, not bothered about the number of days hire.
I have a van reserved for hire in the UK with my son to drive it down and back, but he then has to isolate for 10 days in the UK. Problem for his work. If I can find a hire van here I can fly my son down with both of us to drive on the hire document at pick up, him being back in the UK with the Spanish van on a Friday giving him two days over the weekend re his "test to release" 5 day isolation. His boss is OK with that. My wife and I are already booked with our car Bilbao Portsmouth. If Boris drops/reduces the 10 day isolation to two with a -ve test (my son has had 2 jabs) then OK.

Can I ask...if you're moving permanently from UK to Spain, to become a full time Spanish resident, with no more UK home, are you allowed to bring all your wordly goods from the UK yourself, in hired vans or do you have to use a proper firm by law, to manage inventories, customs etc?? And can you arrange said translations yourself or....?? Thank you!

Hi my mother inlaw his moving back to Gloucester uk. Problem we have she's got a cat she lived just out side cantoria  by the marble factory .his anyone travelling back between 30th January and February 1st.

@jdfish can we help? we are Man & Van Valencia and do monthly runs from UK to Spain? our business whatsapp is ***. emma  😄

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Lezcole7 ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Promoting own services + contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@emmajanecrosby

Unsafe to post any contact details here. Please use the message system for this.

Business adverts can be placed in the classified section top of this page.

No advertising allowed on the open forum.