Overstay Fees on Tourist Visas

Hey gang!

Just wondering, someone told me that overstay fees are 500 pesos per month plus an additional 500 for motion for reconsideration for overstaying per month. Does anyone know is this accurate?   Would appreciate some accurate feedback if possible. Thank you in advance :-)

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that it can result in a lengthy prison sentence while waiting for a deportation hearing and deportation. Probably best to check with The Bureau of Immigration. Please post your findings here. Thanks ~

Sounds like a real hoot!

onefogarty wrote:

Sounds like a real hoot!

I doubt very much being locked up in a Filipino prison waiting and crying until you are deported is a     
"real hoot". Perhaps different parties?
I posted my experience in another post today about fees related.

Cheers, Steve.

Just joking...try to take a deep breath and relax :-)

(Omo)

Have "pesos will travel"

Hoot hoot.

:cool:

Yep, it's a real hoot.

Cheers, Steve.

onefogarty wrote:

Hey gang!

Just wondering, someone told me that overstay fees are 500 pesos per month plus an additional 500 for motion for reconsideration for overstaying per month. Does anyone know is this accurate?   Would appreciate some accurate feedback if possible. Thank you in advance :-)

Not accurate. As I recall it is 5K/mo. I was once ONE DAY over, after 90 days or so, due to a mis-calculation, and the Immigration guy at the airport hassled me and wanted to charge me the 5K. Naturally I grovelled, and he finally let me go.

5k per month? Ouch

Well it's overstaying a visa after all. That's breaking the law and I'm a guest in the country.

I agree. Ya gotta pay to play even if ya  overstay haha

pnwcyclist wrote:
onefogarty wrote:

Hey gang!

Not accurate. As I recall it is 5K/mo. I was once ONE DAY over, after 90 days or so, due to a mis-calculation, and the Immigration guy at the airport hassled me and wanted to charge me the 5K. Naturally I grovelled, and he finally let me go.

Not good John at all, just wondering if that was prior to President Duterte coming into office, I'm sure you get my drift.
I have on 3 occasions applied for a 29 day visa extension with immi at the airport over the years and the first time prior to the current government I did this, handed them 3K, I think the extension was like 2.6K,,,,, sorry sir no change, Sir where can I get change to pay you the correct? Nowhere was the reply so I sent the better half running around the airport to find the correct change on principal while I waited in their tiny office much to their disgust. That was 5/6 years ago, about 3/4 years ago I did the same thing but this time I had a wallet full of change but still handed them 3K, again, sorry sir no change. So I pulled out the correct amount and paid them.
When we moved to the house here permanently 2 years ago I did the same thing at the airport for the visa extension and was rewarded with the correct change from a more than helpful immi officer..... go figure.
I did post my experience/costs in another post here and from the receipt the total of my 7 day late/overstay was 3K.

Cheers, Steve.

pnwcyclist wrote:
onefogarty wrote:

Hey gang!

Never grovel at immigration people.

Answer: 10k for 4 months overstay.