Employment and visa blacklist

Hi all,

I have work in the Philippines early this year for a brief 3 months. I was terminated due to poor performance and I have not been issued AEP for the 3 months period. The company said they will blacklist me from seeking employment in the same industry in the Philippines. I didn't mention this company in my resume since I only work for them for a brief 3 months. My passport just have the temporary work visa for that 3 months and it already expired on the following month after I'm back to my home country.

My questions are :

1) Do the company have the right to blacklist me from seeking employment in other same industry company?

2) Is there any way for the other same industry company to find out that I have worked in the Philippines before?

3) Will I be blacklisted by the Philippines immigration?

Hope that you all can answer me. Thanks

This subject seems a little 'iffy'. Better you get a lawyer involved?

Is there any lawyer out there who can help to answer my questions?

Sorry - I would not know anyone.

Seeking the help of someone who are able to answer my questions since mikaelarhelger unable to help me on this topic

Hi,

The company have no right to blacklist you. You can be blacklisted only by the bureau of immigration due for having derogatory records. There is no working visa for only 3 months. The minimum is one year. That is why haven't issued an AEP Card. Short term assignments are required for Special work Permits.

Hi Libra1984, thanks for your answer. I want to know is there any way for my potential future Philippines employer to check whether I have been working in the Philippines before as an expats since I didn't include the company in my resume under the work experience part?

Don't worry about it and move on.

Hi FortuneFavorsTheBold, thanks for your advice. Can I know why passport have been stamped 3 months visa? By right, Malaysian visiting Philippines no need visa for 1 month

hi,

just would like to correct Libra1984's statement.
there is a 3 months special immigrant visa. usually the company will give you that 3 months visa to see how your performance is.

they dont have the right to blacklist you or from the country, as long as you didn't do any violation against the government law in the Philippines.

and you can't tell the next employer that you never work in the philippines before, they will know you're lying and will give you a worse result. you wouldnt have a working visa stamp on your passport if you haven't worked here ever in your life. so better be honest.

good luck :)

Hi amanda.O, thanks for your answer. May I know how the next employer in the Philippines know that I'm lying before they hire me? I means is there any way for them to check whether I have ever worked in the Philippines or not before they offer me the job. Appreciate someone out there are able to answer my questions

Looking for someone who can answer my query below

May I know how the next employer in the Philippines know that I'm lying before they hire me? I means is there any way for them to check whether I have ever worked in the Philippines or not before they offer me the job.

Appreciate the help of anyone who are able to answer my query as I have a few interviews with the Philippines companies and I'm also actively looking for a job in the Philippines.

Hi Amanda,

Let me correct you as well. As far as I know that the Special Immigrant Visas are as follows.
13A Non quota visa by marriage
TRV (Temporary Resident Visa)  Filipino nationals who were married with restricted nationalities

The 3 months short term of assignment of foreign national is actually securing them SWP (Special Work Permit) which is valid for maximum of 3 months and can be extendable for another 3 months whose tourist visa must also be valid during the entire stay in the country. It depends on the company if they will extend the employment and proceed for long term of visa.

Before you correct anyone's opinion here, please make it sure to yourself that you already done reading with the process and procedures of the parameters law of the Bureau of Immigration.

Thanks so much.
Libra.

9g visa extension inquiries

Good afternoon Libra, I went to the immigration today to inquire about the procedure for working visa and I was told 9g visa is a working visa as of this writing I've 2months overstay here in the Philippines, the process of extension is just so complex that after I got the form I headed home to cool off figure things out and come back there when I understand what I need to do, please is there anyway i could contact you to guideline me on how to get these things straight thank you.