How to register/open a food stall in the philippines

I'm planning to open a small food stall/ cart in the philippines with a long time good  friend of mine (Filipino). (I'm not a local).

What do we need to do to get it registered and running?
Will being a partner of this food cart business (i've read many online comments on foreigners having 40% ownership) allow me the visa to stay in the philippines?

We're not planning to open the small food stall/ cart in Manila, but in one of the cities in the other provinces, next to a school/ college, call center, office areas etc.

i had a restaurant in cebu, just get the needed business license from city hall, thats it, get your 1st inspection and ur good to go

That's a big help, thanks!
Did you get a business visa for yourself? Or do you know if I can apply for a (business?) visa (as I will be a foreign partner of this food cart/ stall business)?

You have to get permit 1st from the Barangay where the business will be located, Department of Trade and Industry to register the name of your business; of course you have to have TIN from the Bureau of Internal Revenue; your Filipino counterpart is mandatorily should have this TIN so if it will be on her/his TIN if this is a sole proprietorship! Processing of business is different for each type, sole/partnership/corporation;

This may help you

Nationals from countries listed below who are traveling to the Philippines for business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.

Nationals from the following countries are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of thirty (30) days or less:

Thank you! Such a help. We will look into those.

Do you know if I could just apply and use a tourist visa (for pleasure/ business) while I and my Filipino friend partner run the business? I found the info for the tourist visa here … isa.htm#2a

As long as the taxes gets paid, you pay tax as a non-resident; and you do not overstay!

Or you declare no income because the income is declared all by your partner;


If you are 35 or above, you may consider SRRV (Special Resident Retiree's Visa) which allows you to work in the philippines.

you need to register your business with the local government units, to sec and to the bir... thats the minimum requirement. a foreigner may run a business here but does not necessarily mean that you'll get a long staying visa here. :( in fact, tourist visa foreigners are forbidden to do business in the philippines. otherwise, you'll be deported if found by our immigration officers

hope this helps.

Do you mind answering a few questions about your restaurant ownership experience in Cebu?

@ VinoBambino > This thread is quite old (2014) .

If you have any questions for the community, feel free to create a new thread, to introduce yourself and to  post your questions.

Have a nice day,


Phil Challan wrote:


If you are 35 or above, you may consider SRRV (Special Resident Retiree's Visa) which allows you to work in the philippines.

Sounds very interesting.. so basically investing 50k in a condo unit would do the trick? Noice!
Would I also be allowed to invest in a business once I get this visa?