Belgium Nationality Application

Hello Everyone,
My situation is that i am a Filipina married with a Belgian military . we are together 10 years this month. Since my husband and I met he is working abroad   as member of the Belgium military delegation in the EUROCOPRS in France , so technically i never lived in Belgium but was married there, have a resident type F+ card and we have 2 kids both Belgian citizens of course 😉 . I wanted to apply for the Belgian citizenship but the commune told me i was not qualified  since i never worked in BE which  is logic coz i never lived there although we visit offen and feels like home everytime , Unfortunately  i was not able to follow the intégration  course  neither for God knows why they did not told us about it by then, so technically  u can not do something u are not aware of... in August it will be 9 years since  we got  married and lived together. they said i have to wait 10 years before i can do it... BUT FOR A VERY PERSONAL REASON i would  really love to do it before this year ends...  so my question is that , DOES ANYONE KNOWS how can i compensate  the integration course , Maybe there is anything else i can do like formations during weekends??  Regarding my integration  in Belgium, Even if we lived in France  i have a lot of activities  related to Belgium,  for example, I have met and talked to the king and Queen already(with pictures as proof) Every year since i arrived  in France i was always invited in the Belgian consulate( it was still embassy when i arrived but turned to consulate  years ago)  for the gala dinner to celebrate king's day. I have a lot of contact still with my Belgian friends who moved back to Belgium.. i have also been a witness of the Wedding of our friend in Genk.
and so on.... And also i have B2 level of French language... So i was wondering, do u think with these examples  they would consider it if i will apply???? thanks  a lot for your response ...

You have 2 options.
1. Have the integration exam. If you pass you get the integration certificate and you can use that.
2. Do the integration/ inburgering. It is free and fully online.(Due to covid, even you are not physically in BE you can attend classes)
Moreover I found it interesting and learned lot of stuff I did not know yet about BE.
Takes 1 month and half to complete.
All info you can find here:
https://www.integratie-inburgering.be/en/bon/offer-en

P.s: Since you are based in Genk, French is irrelevant for administrative purposes(Of course nice to have on your daily life), you would need to learn A2 Dutch to be qualified for nationality, French language is only considered by authorities in Brussels or Wallonia

Hello, Omg thanks a lot for your response, no i am not based in Genk. we are inscribed in Evere as our reference  address is the Military  barracks... thanks you very much  really...  i will do the online course ASAP...

Edigj wrote:

P.s: Since you are based in Genk, French is irrelevant for administrative purposes(Of course nice to have on your daily life), you would need to learn A2 Dutch to be qualified for nationality, French language is only considered by authorities in Brussels or Wallonia

No.
A2 level of ONE of the national language is required: FR/NL/DE, no matter where you live in Belgium.
The commune has nothing to say about that for a nationality application.

@didairforever In case you want to request the nationality based on 5 years of stay like you seems to intend. You'll have to proof that you've been working:
* 468 days as an employee
* 18 months for a self-employed

which seems impossible in your case.
==> request nationality based on 10 years of stay.

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

@didairforever In case you want to request the nationality based on 5 years of stay like you seems to intend. You'll have to proof that you've been working:
* 468 days as an employee
* 18 months for a self-employed

which seems impossible in your case.
==> request nationality based on 10 years of stay.

Being married to a Belgian or parent of Belgian minor the required working days are 234 in the last 5 years. Provided she will complete the integration it will not need to prove working here at all.

Source in FR:
http://www.allrights.be/node/493http://www.allrights.be/node/294https://www.adde.be/ressources/fiches-p … ite-18-ans

It's true that Belgian partner must proof half of the amount of work, so 234 days, so 7,8 months.
But she also has to follow a "one 400h" training... so a one year of training.
==> 1 year + 8 months....

or she can do the integration courses as you said, which depends on the region, but as far as I remember it's a minimum of 2 course modules of 4 & 3 months (citizenship course, ...).
==> with covid19, and seeing how my wife's courses is ongoing since a year now, that will be way more than 7 months for sure to receive the certificate that she followed the training.

or have a Belgian diploma

Meaning that I feel it pointless to think about the 5 years regime in her case...
Only the 10 years seems realistic and easy :unsure

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

It's true that Belgian partner must proof half of the amount of work, so 234 days, so 7,8 months.
But she also has to follow a "one 400h" training... so a one year of training.
==> 1 year + 8 months....

or she can do the integration courses as you said, which depends on the region, but as far as I remember it's a minimum of 2 course modules of 4 & 3 months (citizenship course, ...).
==> with covid19, and seeing how my wife's courses is ongoing since a year now, that will be way more than 7 months for sure to receive the certificate that she followed the training.

or have a Belgian diploma

Meaning that I feel it pointless to think about the 5 years regime in her case...
Only the 10 years seems realistic and easy :unsure

Normally, integration classes are working pretty fine in the Flemish side. They can be done in several languages and it is fully online. I have a friend working full time and he is doing on integration on Saturday's. In 1 month and half he will be done with it. so I advise the OP to check www.bon.be

i have sent them a message already and patiently waiting for their reply 🤞🤞🤞🤞
thanks a lot

Be patient if everything is right with paper work you will get it. Good luck.