How MOE UAE ruined one year of my life

https://teach4uae.wordpress.com/

Really shocked to hear.. either they need to reject after taking the interview and test or they should continue with hiring process. How much hope they gave and I can feel the trauma you went through . Such a bad experience !! Wasting one whole year

Been here in UAE, for 15 years now,i read the full article of yours, normally i don't spend much time reading something which is not worthy, but i found your post interesting so i read.

After reading i can only say that its not fault of MOE, its due to the pandemic hitting the world at that wrong time  for you and unfortunately luck didn't work out for you, i am sure if there was no covid you would have been definitely working with MOE.

life is ups and downs don't loose hope i feel God has better plans for you who knows you may land up in. better job than MOE or find job in MoE itself, relax and keep moving

Hello Vivek

You are not alone.

I have the same exact story.

My story started May 2019
On Feb 2020, I passed both the assessment and the interview and received an initial offer before COVID.

I have been waiting for the joining date for almost two years and I received many confirmation emails that soon I will be sent the joining date.

Only this October and after a long journey, I was dropped and I received a regret email as I was initially hired by MOE, but now the Criteria has changed by ESE and they can't proceed with my employment.

I'm in complete shock.
Very furious as well.

All the effort has gone in vain.

It's very unprofessional.

They can reject before the assessment and the interview and not those who had already went through the whole process.

Sorry bro,I can feel your pain,though I have learnt some new vocabulary from your essay

Hi Sarah,

thank you for writing to me.

I am sorry you went through the same experience as I did, and perhaps many others who interviewed on that cursed day of Feb, 2020 in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.

Honestly, I had a feeling that the people running the show are unprofessional, given how things were organised on the day of interview. Despite that, and not listening to the gut instinct, I held on to the hope of finally getting onboard with them, only to be dropped after having made to wait for a long time.

Writing this blogpost for me was a way of outlet, however I believe this information has to be spread further, not about mine or your experience, although it does matter, but for others so that they can be prevented from undergoing such ardeous journey.

Please get in touch if you feel you can share your story, similar to mine, and I can spread your word

It is now under the hands of unprofessional Human(in)  resource officers…

VivekW wrote:

Hi Sarah,

thank you for writing to me.

I am sorry you went through the same experience as I did, and perhaps many others who interviewed on that cursed day of Feb, 2020 in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.

Honestly, I had a feeling that the people running the show are unprofessional, given how things were organised on the day of interview. Despite that, and not listening to the gut instinct, I held on to the hope of finally getting onboard with them, only to be dropped after having made to wait for a long time.

Writing this blogpost for me was a way of outlet, however I believe this information has to be spread further, not about mine or your experience, although it does matter, but for others so that they can be prevented from undergoing such ardeous journey.

Please get in touch if you feel you can share your story, similar to mine, and I can spread your word

You are right Vivek ,

They will regret it when they fail to find enough teachers who can meet their criteria.

It's not about Criteria, it's about experience and being qualified to be an effective teacher.

Thanks for replying Vivek.
I'm sure that better opportunities are waiting for you.
Good luck

I applied through the same agency and received the same outcome in 2021. I had an offer when I was a fresh graduate from MOE, no teaching experience whatsoever but felt it wasn't right at the time. 3 years later with teaching certifications and experience across all levels, including higher education with references I didn't get a firm offer since it changed to ESE. They desperately need teachers but doubt they'll get any with their archaic rules. Just because you have a Masters/PhD doesn't make you a teacher. It's a shame, fortunately I only spent money on a DBS check and not paying a fortune to get my certificates attested.

I also had gone through the same situation. I also passed the test and interview; submitted the documents they asked. After a long wait of almost 2 years, I got an email simply saying that they are discontinuing my application because of the ESE. When I asked them again, they were telling that they have no current vacancies for my position.

@aryabinu Which is ur subject?

@Friends4ever86

Is it really advisable to do the job which is not in my contract and not on my Emirates ID, thank you