Housing / accommodation / car rental / (e) bike

Hi all,

I'm a newB here and hope I can get some advice on Abu Dhabi housing, car and e-bike. I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in July this year and am looking for a 1BR apartment or studio. The areas i'm most interested in atm are Yas island and Al Reem and would love to hear your opinion on these two areas. I have been browsing through many topics on this website as well as others, but couldn't find any recent threads. I will be working on the main island near Al Mushrif and Al Nahyan area.

Through research so far I have dicovered that Yas island is a nice place to live, with lots of opportunities and obviously entertainment. Yas is a little remote from the main island, but am OK with a little travel time. For an apartment I was only able to find the ones next to the golf course (Ansam) and town houses are more expensive.

Al Reem seems to have endless opportunities, but can't really see from the pictures if the places are nice to live. Sun Tower, Sky Twer, the ARC and a few others seems to be top ranked, but the posts are a few years old. I know there are a few new builds and would prefer a new build rather than existing housing.

The other option I have been looking for is a serviced apartment, but can't find a lot of info on this.

I will also be renting a car for the first six months. Hertz seems to be most affordable and has pretty nice cars.

Should anyone be intrerested in e-bikes and knows the best place in Abu Dhabi where to buy one then I would be very interested as well. I was only able to locate one shop in Dubai. Cycling routes in Abu Dhabi are also quite hard to locate. I know it is possible to cycle along the Corniche, on YAS and on the F1 circuit. But is it possible to cycle through the city? Info I've found so far is from members who do not advice to go cycling as this is considered unsafe and dangerous...

Your suggestions and tips are really appreciated and welcome.

Cheers S.

Try to join some groups in Facebook they can give you more ideas about the place, and other things you wanted to know, Al reem and Yas Island are nice place to live with as well.

thanks so much Jewel for the tip. Will do!
I'm not on facebook atm, but might be a good idea indeed to create an account while I'm settling in.

You're most welcome, coz FB is widely used here and I saw a lot of expat groups there, maybe it could help you but for some specific detail and feel free to ask.

Hi, i work in a real estate company here in Abu Dhabi. Id be happy to assist you. Send me a personal message here.