Need cape Verde citizenship

How can I merrage in cape Verde and get the passport

Hi Malik,

You have to come to CV as a visitor for 30 days then apply for residency which is pretty simple (but you will need to bring your police certificate). Or you can apply for a multiple entry visa at a CV embassy (can be done by mail) which will allow you to visit for 6 months.

DDuring those 6 months, you must meet a woman and marry her. Then you will apply for citizenship. A certificate of citizenship will be issued in 3 to 6 months (things move slowly here). You do not need to wait here for the certificate. You can return home, but you will need to return with the certificate to apply for your passport or you can apply for it at the CV embassy nearest you.

For more details, or if you have any questions, send me a private message.

Regards,

Angelo   

Malik70 wrote:

How can I merrage in cape Verde and get the passport

I just had the interview for cape verde citizenship by marriage and they told me 6 months. Do you think that is just to be safe because i have read 2 or 3 months?  Do I need to be sworn in like in America?  I will leave for a few months and come back.

Where did you hear 2 or 3 months? Whomever told you this has no idea what they are talking about.

It takes 6 months. But during those 6 months there is one more step in the process when you will again need to be present, before citizenship is granted.

However, before they can move to the next step, you need to have "passed" the interview. It depends on how you responded to the questions in the interview. Did anyone give you an orientation about the questions that were going to be asked? Did you make a copy of the documents (which basically captured the responses you gave); it's the document you signed immediately after the interview.

You will know that you passed the interview if you get to the next step in the process which occurs several months before the 6 month mark.

You asked about swearing in. Why would there be a swearing in? This is not America.

Cheers,

Angelo

adkins7b wrote:

I just had the interview for cape verde citizenship by marriage and they told me 6 months. Do you think that is just to be safe because i have read 2 or 3 months?  Do I need to be sworn in like in America?  I will leave for a few months and come back.

Actually you posted it takes 3 to 6 months and someone else told me 2 months but their parents where cape verde.

In that same post you said that we can leave but now you are saying there is one more step and we need to be here?

The process for citizenship as a descendant of a Capeverdean citizen is COMPLETELY different than the process of citizenship via marriage. That takes just a couple months.

Citizenship via marriage takes 6 months in total but it is a two-part process. You can INDEED leave and return but you need to know when to leave and then when to return, you also need to know what additional documents to be ready to provide.

These details are all contained in a detailed guide which I clearly cannot write into this thread as it is many pages long. It's based on helping many clients over many years and keeping up to date with any changes in the bureaucratic paper-driven processes which is what Cape Verde is all about.

I don't recall that you ever requested that guide. So it's not surprising that it may be a little confusing. There's definitely too many details to figure out, and none of the public servants involved in the process will tell you what to expect.

Cheers,

Angelo

adkins7b wrote:

Actually you posted it takes 3 to 6 months and someone else told me 2 months but their parents where cape verde.

In that same post you said that we can leave but now you are saying there is one more step and we need to be here?

A few people asked It wasnt that difficult you need the national police report that was in the same building takes 2 days. I was in Praia and the lobby guy spoke english and gave me the number. The interview wasnt that long asked about food music how i met. I guess i'll see what documents they ask for in a few months. The ladies that you hand in the documents tell you what to expect on the interview.  I thought everything was good but now i'm wondering guess time will tell.

Hi Angelo

How many people have you already helped who eventually did got the Cape Verdean citizenship through marriage?

Regards

I've been helping expats for over a decade, but this is certainly not an appropriate question for the forum. What's your salary?

Send me a private message!

Cheers,

Angelo

fiboc14388 wrote:

Hi Angelo

How many people have you already helped who eventually did got the Cape Verdean citizenship through marriage?

Regards

I Think We would all like to hear a feedback testimony review from them and the experience they went through all the way

You could not possibly be serious. This is not something anyone of them would want to discuss in a public forum for obvious reasons! Would you??? As I suggested, you can contact me via a private message.

Angelo

fiboc14388 wrote:

I Think We would all like to hear a feedback testimony review from them and the experience they went through all the way

I Would assume most of the expats you have helped you have meet them here , How come non of them share their experience plus who would really know them most of them here use their nicknames ,Also After obtaining the citizenship it can't be revoked anymore

Are you some kind of foreign tax agent? Do you not understand what is meant by a PRIVATE message??? You clearly have no idea what are the implications of your request. I'm not going to debate this with you in public. So, you can just knock it off! I will not reply to any further public provocations.

Be well!

Angelo

fiboc14388 wrote:

I Would assume most of the expats you have helped you have meet them here , How come non of them share their experience plus who would really know them most of them here use their nicknames ,Also After obtaining the citizenship it can't be revoked anymore

What's the implication , if it was illegal discussing about the matter of obtaining citizenship through marriage then why opening a thread about it in the first place

In short you are someone living in Cape Verde offering to help people to get Cape Verdean citizenship through marriage how can someone know if you are for real

Before this thread gets deleted because it is now going off topic, perhaps we all need to take a deep breath and not get personal.
Checking a members profile will give you information about them.

Nothing personal I don't even known Angleo in personal not sure who does here, But he claims he have helped a lot of expats obtain Cape Verdean through marriage but not one can verify he's claims

I believe that Angelo could be a scammer .None came forward from the expats he claims he have helped , No one knows him or meet with him in personal , Scammers tend to be very convincing

If you look through every question in this group CV Angelo gives full detailed answers! Why would he do that if he was a scammer? He's not once asked for any money for the i formation he gives!

If you're not happy with his advice then please leave the group we don't need any negativity here!

Get your information and advice from elsewhere!

fiboc14388 wrote:

I believe that Angelo could be a scammer .None came forward from the expats he claims he have helped , No one knows him or meet with him in personal , Scammers tend to be very convincing

I know Angelo personally, met him in CV. And he was very helpful, gave some good advices (and even for free) Please stop throwing a shadow on him.
BRGDS Ilia

To gain people trust after that he well offer you his services in private messages which no one can confirm if they got his services or no  ,You can't trust someone you don't know or no one can back him up , He has been posting for years and yet no one came forward and confirmed he's experiences with Angelo and now it's to let ,The reason is we are not sure who we'll confirm him now it could be him with a different account

Cheers

@CVAngelo

Hi Angelo, thank you for this great platform.

I have a few questions regarding marriage to Cabo Verdean.

I am from Nigeria and I married my husband in Nigerian at the ministry of Marriage (court marriage)

My husband and I are planning a relocation to Cape Verde in few months.

Do you think I need to get a residence on arrival? Or the marriage  to a Cape Verdean is enough reason not to?

Also I am planning on starting my company in Cape Verde do I get foreigner business pecks?

What are the benefit of living and owning a business in Cape Verde as a citizenship (I assume since we married I can be a citizen upon request)

Also before granting me the certificate of citizenship can I be addressed as a citizen since I am already married.

What do you advice I do upon arrival to help me navigate the country well?

@CVAngelo 

I have a few questions regarding marriage to Cabo Verdean. 

I am from Nigeria and I married my husband in Nigerian at the ministry of Marriage (court marriage)

My husband and I are planning a relocation to Cape Verde in few months. 

Do you think I need to get a residence on arrival? Or the marriage  to a Cape Verdean is enough reason not to?

Also I am planning on starting my company in Cape Verde do I get foreigner business pecks? 

What are the benefit of living and owning a business in Cape Verde as a citizenship (I assume since we married I can be a citizen upon request) 

Also before granting me the certificate of citizenship can I be addressed as a citizen since I am already married. 

- @msqi

Hi Msqi,

I have provided comments below:

The Expat.com platform is not mine. I am a user of the platform like you.

Do you think I need to get a residence on arrival? Or the marriage  to a Cape Verdean is enough reason not to?
It's not necessary to get a residency visa upon arrival. No one will ever ask you for residency visa documentation EXCEPT if when you leave the country. The immigration officer in the departure section of the airport will check to see if you have overstayed the visitors visa that you were issued on arrival. You will be fined €50 per month of overstay. Just keep in mind that it will take several months to process your citizenship application. So, if you plan to leave the country before your citizenship is granted, to avoid being fined on departure, you should extend your visitors visa (takes about 1 week to get an extneded visa issue) OR you can apply for a residency visa (it takes about 4 weeks to get all the required documents to submit your application and a further 3 weeks to get a temporary residency visa).

There is no such thing as foreigner business perks in Cape Verde. However, foreigners are entitled to exactly the same perks as local citizens, including the right to start a tax-free business.

What are the benefits of living and owning a business in Cape Verde as a citizenship
As noted in my previous answer, whether you are a citizen or foreigner, you get the identical benefits of owning a business in Cape Verde. The benefits are the same as you would expect for opening a business anywhere: you get to make profits if you run a successful business, and business people simply have more credibility. So it is easier to get loans, apply for visas, etc. 

(I assume since we married I can be a citizen upon request)
No. There is no such thing as citizenship upon request! There is an application process. It takes time and requires that you submit all of the required information/documents and pay the €200 fee.

Absolutely not. You can only be addressed as a citizen AFTER you are granted citizenship. Until that time, you are addressed as the spouse of a citizen. You only have the rights of citizenship AFTER citizenship is formally granted. 

Your husband should be your first resource since he is Cape Verdean. There are also several resources for foreigners who need information about the country. I have produced an eGuide to living, working/starting a business in Cape Verde. You will need to know which island you plan to reside in, as there are NINE inhabited islands and each one is VERY different in terms of living conditions and business climate. My eGuide explains all of these differences which will allow you to make the best decision on which island is perfect for you.

Finally, the process of obtaining citizenship is complicated. There are steps your husband will need to take in Cape Verde before you can apply for citizenship. There are also documents you will need to bring with you from Nigeria which are required in the application and must be properly authenticated. Finally, there are several local documents which you must obtain and some of them are not easy to obtain unless you know how other processes work here. If you need help with any of this, let me know via private message.

Cheers,

Angelo

I am making this post to inform everyone who has previously posted on this topic or who simply has any future interest in this topic that on Friday, 24 june 2022 (i.e., last Friday), the Cape Verde parliament revised the current law regarding acquisition of CV citizenship.

While the entire public debate was regarding adding a new provision to the law to provide a pathway to citizenship via investment, there was a single mention in a single news report that they have extended the waiting period for citizenship via marriage to 5 years. I could find no other reference in any other news reports regarding this. Furthermore, it will take weeks or even months before the final law is signed by the President and published in the official public bulletin.

On the other hand, it is certain that the law contains a new provision for a pathway to citizenship via investment.

Still, I cannot confirm any of the details of the law until it is published. This includes details regarding the invesment pathway (criteria of investment required).
I will update the forum with an overview once the official revised law is published. Meanwhile, I would advise anyone interested in becoming a citizen via marriage to not proceed unless you are prepared to wait 5 years for citizenship and you are confident that you can remain married for 5 years.

Finally, if anyone is instead interested in becoming a citizen via investment, please send me a private message so that I can provide you with a notice once the law is published.

Cheers,

Angelo

Sir,
Kindly inform me to get citizenship via investment once it is published. I would like to know the capital investment required for this purpose. Thank you.
Noted. It could be some time before the law is published.

Even so, you can apply for citizenship after you have had a residency visa for 5 years.

Angelo
I have to say I was a bit skeptical of CVangelo at first but after talking to him and seeing his guide. He is very knowledable and gave me alot of true information even though i didnt use his service.  I did most the work and marriage myself but I def recommend at least buying his guide then decide your next move.. I actually did make a mistake i wish i knew sooner had i bought his guide.
I have to say I was a bit skeptical of CVangelo at first but after talking to him and seeing his guide. He is very knowledable and gave me alot of true information even though i didnt use his service.  I did most the work and marriage myself but I def recommend at least buying his guide then decide your next move.. I actually did make a mistake i wish i knew sooner had i bought his guide.
- @adkins7b

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @adkins7b!

@CVAngelo

Apologies if this thread is posted or continued elsewhere.

Angelo, have investment criteria become public and official?

I am also looking at extended residence.

Shall DM once I have read up more.

Thanks

@CVAngelo
Apologies if this thread is posted or continued elsewhere.
Angelo, have investment criteria become public and official?
I am also looking at extended residence.
Shall DM once I have read up more.
Thanks
-@draad

Hi Draad,

No investment criteria have been presented. In fact, the citizenship via investment is very unlikely to ever be passed because Cape Verde bases all it's laws on Portugal. They basically cut and paste Portuguese laws to create Cape Verde's laws.

However, in Portugal, the golden passport law has caused havoc with real estate inflation. Ordinary Portuguese citizens have been priced out of their own urban markets (rental and property prices have exploded).

Because of this, Portugal is now in the process of reversing it's golden passport program. Given this Portuguese experience, Cape Verde will never pass a golden passport law.

@draad

I should have added that since 2018, Cape Verde has had a law (the Green Card law) that grants a long-term residency visa based on an investment of €120,000 (in the urban areas) and €80,000 (in the rural areas). They operationalized this law only on January 1, 2023.

So if you simply want a residency visa, you can now make this kind of investment and apply. The funny thing however is that ANY foreigner can apply for a residency visa WITHOUT MAKING ANY INVESTMENT. However, instead of getting the residency visa "immediately" as is the case with the "Green Card" law, without any investment you simply have to wait for two months to get the residency visa. Funny thing is that in practice, the Green Card visa is not given immediately at all due to the lengthy bureaucratic process in Cape Verde. It still takes these incompetent bureaucrats at least a month to process the Green Card residency visa. Lol.

In other words, the Green Card law is essentially useless and should only be resorted to in cases where the immigration officers on certain islands (like Sal) have a reputation for being ignorant fools who try to avoid giving residency visas to foreigners who are not investing.

Thanks @CVAngelo, very helpful.

Yes I have noted the issue in Portugal. I think also the EU does not like Golden Visas...

Shall DM for further info.

@CVangelo can you update us on the change to citizenship via marriage laws that you mentioned in June 2022? Did that ever go through officially and change to 5 years or can it still be applied for right after marriage?

@CVangelo can you update us on the change to citizenship via marriage laws that you mentioned in June 2022? Did that ever go through officially and change to 5 years or can it still be applied for right after marriage?
-@brannutru2

The update to the citizenship law was unanimously passed by the Cape Verde parliament just over a week ago, including the 5-year wait via the marriage path. The law has not been published yet but should be signed by the President and published within the next couple weeks.

They were able to pass it because they made it an extremely simple change by stripping out all references to a citizenship path by investment (the Golden Passport). The Golden Passport law was what caused the year long delay. The reason is that Cape Verde copies its laws almost verbatim from Portugal. And Portugal experienced an economic disaster with its own Golden Passport law when foreigners applied by the thousands and deluged Portugal with massive inflows into real estate driving up property prices and rents beyond the means of average Portuguese citizens! So, Cape Verde got very cold feet.

So it's a double-dose of bad news. There's now a 5-year wait on citizenship via marriage, and there is no pathway to citizenship via Investment.

Regards,

Angelo

This was a bit disappointing but informative, many thanks.