Buying lot in Greece Kavala

Hi all,
My husband and I, we are looking to buy lot in Greece,  in Kavala area to build our vacation dream house. We want to buy lot with minimum 5 decars with olive trees .We found  one lot, but we are still waiting for map of the plots. My question is how long does it take to get a map lot from the Kavala Kadaster?

Do not buy in Greece. We have lost over 1/2 million euro's. Because even though Greece is suppose to adhere to EU rules, they do not. On the smaller islands. The mayor and borough  engineer, run the show, so as long as you have them in your pocket, all will be good. Remember on a small island, everybody knows or is related to each other. Of course you can complain, but nothing ever happens. I would not suggest anybody investing in this country. I have been battling with the authorities for years, but nothing ever happens. You could wait 10 years for a court case, when fines might be handed out, but never paid, so who cares. We live in a so called historic area, we had to pay 100's of Euro's for special permits, that had to be assessed by this society, because the area is considered historic, and needs to be kept that way. Ha HAHAHAHA! We even needed a licence for the colour of the paint we used. Three  years  later our south view was totally blocked by the much needed 6th super market in this little town, now to the north, a storage area is being built. All historic of course. When I approached the town planning engineer with this, he said : What can I do? Errr you are the one who signed the plans! Yes I was, they can build what they like! Then after the super market had been built, well over the allowed footage, it was then surrounded by corrugated buildings, I said again, is this legal? No! So what is going to happen? Well when they sell it! They will have to take them down! Er that could be 100 years time? Yes! And so it goes on. Italy I am am told is much the same. So many people on this island alone, have had their dreams shattered, lost everything. Do not trust anybody, or any one, including accountants, lawyers, agents and government offices. You will be stuffed, and very unhappy.

Thank you for your advice.

I'm so sorry to hear that 😔

Always better to go through a licenced real estate company, and to have a civil engineer check the building and a lawyer (symvolaiografo) to make sure the land is able to be built on. Now all property and buildings have to have a special number before transactions can take place. It's supposedly (as of Feb. 1) to be done electronically. Sorry about all the troubles people have, especially on the islands. Kavala is not an island though and it's a lovely town. Please do all your research before transfering funds. You can only build according to the building code of the area and make sure it's not in a protected forest
(dasos) or on ancient sites (arxaia). If you build and whilst digging, ancient artifacts are uncovered, you're up the creek, because all building must be stopped until the archaeologists give the ok, which can take years.

Hi, could you recommend some good real estate agent.