Dentist recommendation

I am planning a trip to the north coast in a few weeks. Probably between cabrera and luperon.
Anyone can recommend a clinic for crowns and implants? Not looking for gringo target clinics I am from original from a Caribbean island  so a decent clinic should be enough.
Thanks in advance.

The only dentists I know on the North coast all have tourist pricing. Not sure that has changed during the Covid issues.  You can try Dr. Lepe in Puerto Plata.

From the information I have heard, it is generally more reliable to go to a city dentist in Santiago or SD for example. SonrieModatdent in Santiago does a very good job with crowns, implants and overall dental care. You can google them for more info.

In Sosua 2nd floor at Pappaterra is also a dentist. I only got a cleaning but thought they were professional and reasonably priced.

I use Cibao Dental Spa for major issues..... absolutely excellent

Dra Monica Garcia in Sosua for cleaning and general issues

Anyone has crowds or implants done in DR? Mind sharing price?
Thanks guys.

Crown at Cibao Dental is $700US

Tourism dentistry is growing in the DR.  We know plastic surgery has been growing for years here and now dentistry is as well. 

Most of this is in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.  Prices are significantly lower for almost everything and there are very talented and professional dental practices.

Cibao has a lot of tourist patients.

Excellent!

As I said.... I use it only for major type work.
Long drive (2.5-3 hrs) to go for cleaning etc

I met an MIA couple there - flew in especially for dental work.
Cost was about half the FLA rates

Yes, my discussions with both Canadians and Americans getting dental work done here - it's 50 to 75 % cheaper here!  That can be a lot of money.

WillieWeb wrote:

700?? As in  35000 pesos??   

I just had two done......... for 75 bucks each.

My guy gets US$500 for an implant.

Gringo prices indeed!

Definitely is a crown is $700 I will be flying to Colombia or any othe latinoamerican country. I am surprised in a country were people live with $300 dollars a month a crown can be worth $700 dollar.  I will keep investigating but I think the dominicans are fixing their tooth somewhere else.

Jdjonesdr can you please share the clinic information  with me? [email protected] is my email in case you prefer to keep it private. Thanks.

Alextrucking wrote:

Jdjonesdr can you please share the clinic information with me?
[email protected] is my email in case you prefer to keep it private. Thanks.

My guy is located at the Manoguaynabo exit of the Autopista Duarte (West Santo Domingo).

If that sounds doable, let me know. His name is Dr. Julio ***

Search for "Pica Pollo Buffet Marqueris" on Google Maps and his clinic is next door.

Remember the tradeoffs.   You may get excellent dental care.  But you are unlikely to get english speakers.  They may not have the "niceties" you are used to.   

My point - don't expect an expat experience at Dominican pricing!   

I cannot tell you how often I listen to the whining after the fact.   You can't have it all!

Thank you so much.
The last crown I pay in florida was $600 granted it was in oferta.

Planner My primary language is spanish. But to save money I will communicate in Chinese is needed 😂😂

Hahahahha. Honey you are the exception.  Many never learn the language, want to pay like a local and then whine because it's not easy or comfortable like they demand!

I recently had a tough extraction, tooth shattered and I don't freeze so it was IV sedation.   First visit, checkup, x-rays, extraction and sedation came to US $ 145.   Dentist was excellent, great job done,. Full on Covid prep and protection was followed.   Receptionist and admin were horrible as pretty much expected!   That was in Santo Domingo!

I use to be the motorcycle mechanic of many doctors in my country of origin. I am used to a destist with grease in his nails because the motorcycle breaks during the trip to the hospital and he has to fix it.
Also all my crowns were done in a garage in madrid Spain by a cuban doctor using a suitcase with the dental equipment like the one the military use in the war. Best crowns ever I still have most of them after 20 years.
I am not afraid of any clinic believe me

Wow sounds like you have some great stories to tell!!!!!

Yes my life has been a constant adventure. Very tough most of the times but full of entertainment 🙃

Any recommendations for Punta Cana dentists?

Odontohealth, las terrenas. Dr. j***. Excellent service & pricing

jdjonesdr wrote:
WillieWeb wrote:

700?? As in  35000 pesos??   

I just had two done......... for 75 bucks each.

My guy gets US$500 for an implant.

Gringo prices indeed!

Well, I'm not saying this applies to you..... but....

My friend had a checkup at Cibao w/ me.
He had a crown done in Rio San Juan a couple of years back.
Cibao showed him the x-ray...
Needs to be removed immediately...
and root canal
Cavities etc under that crown.... not too professional

I still have all my teeth and some crowns 50  yrs old
We are replacing some now

Teeth are a good investment - IMO....

Gringo prices.

Morning,
I will post my wife's Dentists later in the capital, I have used him many time when i was visiting her prior her coming to Houston.
he is very professional and local prices, you need to drive to the neighborhood but is worth it.
I am getting work done when we move in Jan.

God bless all

Odonto health Las terrenas excellent service & pricing. Dr J***

Looks like an ad to me. Please go post an ad!
And wrong country for goodness sakes!
@Alaplaya: I understand there is a good dentist (speaks english and seems prices are quite reasonable based on major work) next to Scotia Bank in Punta Cana Village.  I don't know the name but if you are close its worth looking into.  I use a Dentist in Cortecito for the past 8 years and have no complaints.  In 8 years we have not had any major work done, only cleaning and basic health as there has not been a need for anything else.  The name is Dra. Diana Reyes  and she speaks english.  You can send me a private message for the phone number if interested.
@Alaplaya: I understand there is a good dentist (speaks english and seems prices are quite reasonable based on major work) next to Scotia Bank in Punta Cana Village.  I don't know the name but if you are close its worth looking into.  I use a Dentist in Cortecito for the past 8 years and have no complaints.  In 8 years we have not had any major work done, only cleaning and basic health as there has not been a need for anything else.  The name is Dra. Diana Reyes  and she speaks english.  You can send me a private message for the phone number if interested.
- @DominicanadaMike

Thanks for the reply. I've had a few people tell me they use Dra. Reyes in Cortecito and like her.
Great dentist info you guys! Thanks.  Planner can you share the one you used in SD? That's where I will be most of the time but will travel anywhere for a good deal and good service! I do not need anything currently but I go for a check up, like clock work every six months!

A*** V*** Her WhatsApp and cell (***. She and her husband both speak English. Pricing is excellent as well

@Alextrucking
My wife and I had them recently at Dental Cibao Spa in STI.
My wife, bottom molar 1800.00 US total

Mine (top molar) was 300-400 more as it needed an extraction and a bone graft. 

DCS is a medical tourism place, but very responsive and English friendly.  They tell me they used US FDA approved hardware as USA dentists can't repair them without that designation.

I also believe you could get it for less elsewhere for less and would love to know the local / non-medical tourism price if anyone knows.
First of all the price will change greatly whether you have Dominican insurance or not.  I just had a friend in Punta Cana that just had a molar removed where a previous root canal became infected.  They had to cut out the roots and he needed surgery requiring stitches.  The total cost after humano insurance covered 80% was 6000 pesos.   He said the procedure was over 2 hours.  I hope that gives you an idea...
also, he said it would have cost him $4-5000.00 cdn dollars in Canada.

Do dentists have to under testing and training to practice, dentistry. Also who watches the ones that pay off school officials to get certified.

Yes they go to dental school.    Who watches the ones who pay off the officials -  we would have no idea!  That's a big stretch and assumption!