Pills for Punta Cana

Hi, I am traveling to Punta Cana in June this year. I take many medications, and various vitamins. Do I need to pack all my prescription and vitamin bottles.? It will be very cumbersome, and I can not afford to lose those bottles for any reason. I usually just take enough pills for the trip, which is 5 days.

What should I do?

Best,

Peggy McNeill

I put vitamins and prescription meds in a regular pill box. I never carry the bottles going on a short vacation. Since you're going for just 5 days, I would just bring what you need and leave the bottles home. Take a photo of the pill bottles just so you have a digital copy although I doubt you'll be asked to prove what they are.

If you take ANY strong narcotic type meds bring in their pill bottles. The rest  you can bring just the supply you need.   

Most pharmacies can provide you with a duplicate label and some even have small ziplock bags you can seal the pills in for travel. When I was taking Adderall, and any time I've had pain pills, I've done that. It was especially helpful with the Adderall that I used to get in 90-day quantities!

Also, if any of the medications are critical, be sure you bring some extra - in case your return is delayed, one falls down the sink, or the humidity turns it into a pile of mush! Many medications that are RX elsewhere are OTC here, but you can't always find what you need.