New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hey there! I see there's not a lot of activity, but thanks for the thread.

I just received my concrete job offer as a skilled worker (engineering), and will hopefully be moving from USA to Haugesund later this year.

I am worried about UDI and new visa applications, it seems like they may have stopped accepting them because of covid? I'm not sure. I've been reading through https://www.udi.no/en/about-the-corona-situation/ pretty religiously.

Anyways! Happy to be here. :D Fingers crossed the process works out smoothly.

I don't see anything saying they're not processing visas at all, and based on what I can find, you would be able to travel to Norway if your visa is approved now. This based on a quote from this page:

https://www.udi.no/en/about-the-corona- … link-19332

"Even if it is stated in the decision letter you have received that you can travel to Norway, you cannot travel to Norway now because of the corona restrictions. This applies if you have received an entry visa based on one of these residence permits before 29 January 2021. If you have been granted an entry visa after 29 January 2021, you can travel to Norway now. "

I am still in Afghanistan, I implemented NCA's project in Afghanistan. Now i am faced with a serious problem. Is NCA will protect me in Norwey. NCA is a norwegian organization.

Hi all

This is Tanzanian by the name of anorld . ohh its my first day to the forum page and am excited to be among you all.
for more than years i was searching online for help on how i can volunteered abroad .. its has been my wish dream to live in norway, norways its a heart touching to me .... please to anyone who can help me out .  just to direct me through process , intruduce me to the volunteers programs and so and so... Ich bin herzlich willkommen alles  .... i know germans to in advantage 🙏🙏🙏

Hi, I am Raj Kamal Mishra from India.
I have completed my Bachelor of Technology degree in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Yr 2009 batch.
Since then I am working for Tata Steel as Electrical Maintenance Manager.
Looking for some suggestions regarding relocation to Norway.
Thanks. :)

Hello,

How are you and did you really want a room to stay? Let me read back from you so we can talk more about it...

Thanks.

Hi, my name is Yulia, I am glad to meet you on this forum. I currently live in Russia but would like to move to Norway. I am studying English and I am interested in this country.

Hello Good day Mam,
             I'm looking for job that suite my course being agriculture i hope you can help me to find new job in norway. Willing to learned and discover new things about agriculture.

Thank you

Ola fellas! Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones, no need to care ab visa cause I'm from EU, and no need to care ab COVID stuff because I did come from green country. Also got job, and place to stay already. Gosh how I love it here! I'm near small town Gol which is located between Oslo and Bergen. Nature reminds me central part of my country, only thing what worries me I don't understand a word so when buying groceries it's sort of lottery 😂😂

Hello..Just gotten an job offer in Norway so about to start the work permit application process. Fingers crossed it all goes well

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bora, I'm new to this forum and to the platform as well.

I am Albanian, currently living and working (public sector) in Albania, looking forward to moving to Norway.

Any reference or shared experience about moving to Norway as a skilled worker will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

My sister has just moved to  country Kennedy for three months her husband i is a Norwegian citizen They could not agree on anything in their marriage if her husband divorces her, she will debort to  Norway ?

Contact me

Hello, I am Norwegian who is engaged with a Cuban woman. I am want her to live with me in Norway.
Unfortunatelly embassies are currently closed in Cuba and visas are being rejected due to temporary entry ban.

But while waiting for things to open, I want to have other things done and cleared so I dont have to waste time figuring out things and instead do things.   

I do have a question though, does anyone have any experience about getting married to a Cuban and bringing him/her to Norway?

To specify my question:
- I want to invite my fiance to Norway and get married here in Norway, and then apply for family reunification/immigration while she is still in Norway on a  tourist visum.
As I understand, this way she can stay here while waiting for the UDI application to process.
Anyone have any tip or been through this that can tell me if this is is the way to go or if there is a better way to this?

I am Walter Kundishora Ruvinga from Zimbabwe. Planning to move to Norway as a Truck Driver.

I am Walter Kundishora Ruvinga from Zimbabwe. Planning to move to Norway as a Truck Driver.

Any chances of securing the employment.

Hi,
I'm Maria and I just moved to Norway, Stavanger to work there as an Au pair. So I'm trying to meet new people living in Stavanger, too to become friends

Hi I'm Jeremiah murimi kamau from Kenya, I'm I'm 42 years truck driver 25 year experience working in  a international hauliage company. I'm planning to migrate to Norway to work as truck drive, is it possible?

Hello jerehiam
How are you ???
Welcome
And nice to meet you
G.Georgiou

Hello maria
How are you ??
Welcome
My name Georgiou Georgiou from Cyprus and I was and working in Norway and now I.am holiday in Cyprus and I will come until end of the month
Me to same you but I looking for flat I.am alone to
Hop to we your answer soon
Thanks
And nice to meet you
G.Georgiou

Hello BSENKO
How are you ??
Welcome
My name Georgiou Georgiou from Cyprus and I was and working in Norway and now I.am holiday in Cyprus and I will come until end of the month I working graphic Designer and printing !!
So Me to same you but I looking for flat I.am alone to and I need some nice friend because I'd.not know body in the new place.
Thanks
And nice to meet you
G.Georgiou

Hello BORA
BSENKO
How are you ??
Welcome
My name Georgiou Georgiou from Cyprus and I was and working in Norway and now I.am holiday in Cyprus and I will come until end of the month I working graphic Designer and printing !!
So Me to same you but I looking for flat I.am alone to and I need some nice friend because I'd.not know body in the new place.
Thanks
And nice to meet you
G.Georgiou

I am find seasonal work in Norway please help me

Hello !
I have spent most of my life in the U.K. on a full time basis for a good many years then on a part time basis. I was a London-Paris commuter.
I am keen to know more about life in Norway before considering a part time or full time move.
I am a retired health professional. I teach mindfulness based interventions both in English and in French on line and in person.
I have been several times to Norway,  next due in Oslo at the end of November.
I enjoy both the outdoors and cultural activities.
I have spent most of my adult life in an international environment .

Hello!
My name is Mar. I am a 46 years old woman who just arrived to Stavanger.
I am from Barcelona.
I would like to know if there are people around here that would like to do some walkings in the area of Rolagand.
I am a primary teacher.
I like hiking, doing ioga, chatting with new people, etc.

Thank you!!

C est l un de mes plus grandes souhait d immigré en Norvège pour m assuré un avenir en étudiant et surtout si je pouvais intégrer un club de football qui est  vraiment l une des plus grandes passions.
Bye bonne, j espère que vous allez me répondre.

oumarntraore831 wrote:

C est l un de mes plus grandes souhait d immigré en Norvège pour m assuré un avenir en étudiant et surtout si je pouvais intégrer un club de football qui est  vraiment l une des plus grandes passions.
Bye bonne, j espère que vous allez me répondre.

Please write in English on this part of the site. If you wish to write in French follow this LINK

Hi
I am Cali - from UK; moved to Sandefjord, Norway after 20 years living in Asia . Looking for like minded expats who want to meet up socially .
Thx
Cali

Do you have WhatsApp

hello
i moved to tromoso i am single person. looking for woman . if you are there then text me on snapchat: sherysharik1

regards
shery

Caliannehall wrote:

Hi
I am Cali - from UK; moved to Sandefjord, Norway after 20 years living in Asia . Looking for like minded expats who want to meet up socially .
Thx
Cali

Hey Cali, i live just up the coast from you in Holmestrand!

Hei alekum Jeg vil også jobbe i Hi alekum I also want to work in Norway
  I still do not know how to find a job
  I can find a job no matter what I do
  What is the legislation?
  Can you tell me about it?
  Thanks in advance😊

hello
you can apply finn.no with your resume.

Hi all
Our intention is to move to Stavanger hopefully in the next 6 months or so, although realistically it could take longer as we haven't even started the process.  We're currently in Stavanger on holiday so will probably get going once we're back.
Just looking to see how others have adapted to Norwegian lifestyle…we've got an idea as our son is here already…married to a Norwegian lady..

Hi, I'm Rina from Brussels; and I would like to move to Norway.
Can you informe about few opportunities?

Hello my name is Sherzodbek I am 24 years old I want to work and live in Norway I need someone who can help

I'm a young Liberian just came to Cyprus.
I want to enter Norway to work.
In Liberia there is no jobs opportunity for the youths no foods, roads network, electricity, water etc. I am able and willing to work earn money to invest home.

I'm Peter Greene Jr from Monrovia Liberia west coast of Africa. I want to come to Norway I need your help I'm really interested.

Closed