Hei Hei

Hello

Im Jeanri, 22 year old female from Cape Town, South Africa. Im looking to move to Norway with my degree, but its proving rather tricky! I have my boyfriend, living in Norway, waiting for me, but no talk of marriage. I'm independent and would like to live there regardless of our relationship status. Unfortunately, from what I read, Norway isn't the most welcoming country in that regard.

I spent this past Christmas and New Years in Haugesund and Bergen and fell absolutely in love with the Norwegian people, traditions and scenery. I've been loving reading about other people's experiences and stories and found it very insightful and motivational!

I have no idea how to go about it, but will hopefully start my Launguage course in Norway in April. Im fluent in English and Afrikaans and have a BA in Production Design as well as a diploma in Industrial Design. If you have any advice, stories or information regarding the appropriate processes I'd love to get in contact with you.

As I'm quite persistent about getting there and I know I will,  if you just need a friend and someone to talk to I'm here for that too!

Hope to hear from you beautiful people!
Be safe!
Jeanri

Hello Jeanri.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to read the various articles in the Norway participative guide. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you very much!

xx

The persistency comes handy. If you by a chance should end up in Drammen, lemme know and the coffee is on me :). I'm crossing my fingers for you, Jeanri :top:

Hello,

I lived in Haugesund for four years. It's a nice little town. Bergen is also a nice city.

Good luck with the move,

David

Thank you very much guys!

I've applied everywhere for work, the most likely options being Oslo and Bergen. :)
Unfortunately there aren't very many job opportunities for Interior Designers in Haugesund.
After this I'll definitely be taking you up on the coffee offer. :) hahaha absolutely exhausted!

Hope you are all well.
Much love!
Jeanri

Hei Jeanri,

I moved to Norway from Cape Town in January. I studied interior decorating as well, but work as a wedding photographer now :)

From what I've seen you have to speak Norwegian to find a good job here.

Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I'll be able to help!

Hi! Im 21 years old and just moved to Oslo, so if you come here i would definitely wanna meet up for coffee or a beer :)

That's awesome! Was it a change because of job vacancies? I'm finding it very tricky finding design companies in Haugesund as they are quite small and don't need many staff. 

I would love to go for coffee!

Thanks so much for the responses!

All the best!
Jeanri

Goodluck on your move Jeanri. Cheers.

Paolo