New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Fred wrote:

I met a friend - Had I realised what a bogan infested dump it was, I would have skipped it.
I fully expected to get to somewhere nearer civilization when we escaped Kuta but, although there was a far lesser infestation, the taxi drivers were just as bent, and everything was ten times the price it should have been.
One of the hotels refused to let Blue bird onto their grounds so we were forced to use their recommended taxi - He's bloody lucky I didn't smash his thieving face in when he tried to charge my mate 2 million for the trip.
That was Pandawa beach, so not Kuta. However, on the bright side, the local warung nasi down there were excellent, and didn't try to rip me off.

U still talk about a very limitated area, nothing more than a village, its ok ti know that such place exsist, but thats not what Bali Is,
I also dont understand why u, as indonesian, was not able to bargain good prices for taxi, that seem one of the most thing u complain.

Fred wrote:

I met a friend - Had I realised what a bogan infested dump it was, I would have skipped it.
I fully expected to get to somewhere nearer civilization when we escaped Kuta but, although there was a far lesser infestation, the taxi drivers were just as bent, and everything was ten times the price it should have been.
One of the hotels refused to let Blue bird onto their grounds so we were forced to use their recommended taxi - He's bloody lucky I didn't smash his thieving face in when he tried to charge my mate 2 million for the trip.
That was Pandawa beach, so not Kuta. However, on the bright side, the local warung nasi down there were excellent, and didn't try to rip me off.

U still talk about a very limitated area, nothing more than a village, its ok to know that such place exsist, but thats not what Bali Is, if and when u will visit all the Island u will allowed to give a complete picture of the Island of Gods.
I also dont understand why u, as indonesian, was not able to bargain good prices for taxi, that seem one of the thing u more complain without consider that its something happening all around the world.

Fred wrote:

An area many expats are attracted to. It's important for potential residents to know what to expect.
Of course I can negotiate with anyone and everyone, but that doesn't mean everyone realises they're getting ripped off so it's important to note.
I've been very clear my posts relate to foreign drunks and druggies infesting  the south of the island, but the dealers that approached me were Indonesians, as were the rip off tax drivers.

U still continue to generalize, its not correct ti claim that "drug and druggies infesting the south of the Island", its only in a small part of Kuta, around clubs and duscos, where centanly tourists go loocking exactly for that and for sex for money.

Fred wrote:

No, it was over quite a large part of Kuta. If tourists go there for sex and drugs, they must be a pretty sad bunch, especially if they're paying for sex. I'm old, fat, ugly, and uncool, but I still get plenty of offers without cash or other payment required.
That also appled, at least in some degree, to other parts of the Island's south I visited.
However, as I keep saying, a lot of expats show interest in Bali, so they should know about the disgusting side.
If they're fine with pushy twits trying to sell overpriced tours, being ripped off by bent taxi drivers, drug dealers stopping them in the street, and filthy little men offering them prostitutes, they'll love it.
Reasonable people may prefer to look at areas where these things don't happen.
I would find it hard to recommend the areas of Bali I visited, but I'm told other bits are better.

So, after u been a couple of days in Kuta, u insist to believe u know that area, but u are not, I live close that area since 9 years and I think I know better whats happen there, so I can claim u are totally wrong, its juast a small area of Kuta where people can find such bad thing.
I understand that u, like many indonesian people like u who was not born in Bali, dont like balinese people, but this dont allow u to share false information to denigrate them and their Country.
For me this discussion end here, thats not what people who visit this forum is looking for, have a nice evening.

not whole area, agree with u

u guys...both r true. interesting topic. i came from mix marriage parent. im half balinese. everyone has their personal experiences which not everybody has experience it like fred. wht other experiences can share here for others to b caution. thats wht this forum for. its not bad to b alert for things we hvnt experienced nor hvnt known yet. and dont want to experience it at all

Hello everyone,

Thank you @Marcello Manganese and @Fred for your contribution but as you already know this is the feed for new members.

For any other topics of conversations, kindly create a new, separate thread on the Indonesia forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Hi, everyone! :)

I'm Gülşen. I've been working as a Real Estate Agent. I love singing and cooking.

Hello,

After reviewing this thread, kindly note that we had to remove a few posts.

Thank you,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

darrenfreeman wrote:

Hi there my wife and i are in our late 50s and are looking to retire somewhere in indonesia early to mid 2022 with our dogs anyone who could provide any advice on areas where there are expats and good retirement areas would be much appreciated as there seems so much to organize and get our head around and we dont want to make any stupid mistakes. we are currently located in melbourne victoria and looking online it looks like bali is out for us as we cant take our dogs, anyway nice to say hello to you all cheers Darren

Hello. We are also same me and my husband late 50s, we are living in Bali in tulamben beach Karangasem. We have 12 years already in Bali. Now we have planning move to other country. I have dog too. And we plan to bring out dog to penang Malaysia if penang friendly for dog.
Anyway try to tulamben. We will sell Our villa  or rent to someone else.
We have own big house in 27 acre also very good view ocean front house and mount Agung in back yard our room. We want move soon maybe penang or south Africa... Let me know if someone interested with Bali. We can swap villa too

Bonjour :)
Je serai ravie de faire votre conaissance a tous
Je suis en France et je suis technicienne en maquillage semi permanent est il autorise d'exercer a BALI ?
J'aimerais venir m'y installer
comment doit je m'y prendre?

Merci pour vos retours!

Hi Sublimsolis, I think u would have more chances to get an answer to ur questioon if u write down in english.

Hello :)
I will be delighted to meet you all
I am in France and I am a semi-permanent make-up technician. Is he authorized to practice in BALI?
I would like to come and settle there
how should I go about it?

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi,
about job for foreigner in Indonesia, the rules are very strictly, only High specialized mansions are allowed, the reqiurements are a degrre, 5 years of documented experience, minimum 25 and maximum 55 y.o.
Also, the employer must request a work permit and pay a 1200 USD tax. The whole process can take 2 up to 4 months.
The alternative Is open ur own business, checking before of Is not in the black list (sectors proibithed to foreigner). To set up a company Is required a minimum investiment of 10 billion Rp, 2.5 up front payment, 7.5 in 1 year.
Said that, this Is not really a time to look for a job or invest in a business, due the Covid economic crisis.
But hey, when the borders here will open, u should plan to come for a couple of months and check what opportunities u could have.

Okey good  :D
Thanks you so much for your answer well explained

Good day,

My name is Lynnqwinda Scott. I'm a born South-African, currently staying in the beautiful city of Cape Town.

We are exploring the possibility of relocating to Bali. My husband has been working for an international FMCG company for almost 18 years now. He is at expert level when it comes to sales.

I have been in the creative industry all my life. From being a full time wedding photographer to the construction industry.

We have two boys. They home school due to covid.

We would really appreciate some advise.

Hey Guys,

My Names Andrew currently living in Bekasi Indonesia as an expat with my wife who is indonesian and my daughter who is also indonesian(newborn).I am originally from South Africa but moved here about 3 years ago. Currently im doing freelance work here in Bekasi, nothing amazing big salary but livable. Im seeking out new ventures and i know work is hard to find here as an expat which is why i have turned to online jobs, perhaps Data analysis,Social Manager or Marketing manager. My main skill set is IT Networks and Video Editing. Have 6 years work experience. Note i am on a Kitas visa 1 year which i renew yearly. I have also recently started a Youtube channel with my wife hoping to go big, ***

But other than that, thank you for reading thus far, hope to meet new friends and possibly colleagues. Terima kasih!

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : External link + Advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
   Our names are Jeff & Laura, we have a beautiful small apartment in Jakarta Pusat Indonesia about 5 minutes from Grand Indonesia Mall, plenty of restaurants and shopping and sight seeing to do. Great location in a secure Apartment building. We will be moving in July and really need to sale our place.
A once and a lifetime offer, we are offering our apartment for the balance that we owe and a little pocket money for the move. If anyone is interested please let us know.
Thank you
Jeff & Laura

Hi Jeff & Laura, u can use this dedicated section to advise ur property.
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/i … a/jakarta/
Good luck.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Samuel, I'm from Ghana living in Jakarta, I'm looking for a job in Logistics company if anyone know any information please let me know. I have valid documents (passport & KITAS) Thank you.

Nice to meet everyone here!

Hi good morning, my name is Jivanjee onali am a kenyan citizen looking for a vacancy to move in bali any suitable vacancy available.

Hello! :)

I'm Jessica, I am wondering if it's difficult to start working in Bali as a private tutor/Nanny during this time of the year? I am seriously considering moving to Bali, I have friends living there, Teachers mostly and they are very happy and contented. I would love to experience that too. Thanks in advance for you comments and inputs on this :)

Hi Jessica, not many chances to get a job in Bali in this hard Covid times, but also in normal times position like tutor or nanny are strictly forbidden to foreigner, its the same for all the Jobs that can be done by locals.
Foreigner are entitled to fill positions very specialized, and the requirements are Min 25 max 55 yo, a deegree and at least 5 years of working experience in that position.
Have a nice holiday in Bali.

Well, I'll just keep on trying😁 Thank you for your response though🙏🙏

Ok, Just be carefull and dont accept to work without the properly visa, there Is a task force very active in Bali and they are very severe with foreigner.

I'm not in Bali😅 I'm still here in the Philippines. Apology if I wasn't clear about that in the beginning. If you guys can refer a good agency that could help me, please let me know. Thanks☺️

Im sorry to broke ur Dream, but as I said, job in the positions u are seeking are strictly forbidden to foreigner, so no agencies for that.

Okay

Hii
Just wanna ask..
I need to start my internship on September 2021..and now my problem is i still have no idea how to get my internship..i like to do my internship in indonesia..
Can u help me

Hi Harriey, welcome to expat.com.
What u mean saying u cant get ur internship?
Anyway, better u create a thread in the Indonesian forum, explaing exactly what Is the issue, Im sure someone there will help u.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a good day!

I moved to Indonesia in March this year to live with my wife in Padang, West Sumatera. But finding a job here is quite taxing. I've applied to many and I have not received any positive feedback.

I would like to know in this forum if there is anyone who could help with work. I'm struggling to make ends now and my wife is also pregnant expecting our 1st child in December.

I have a Masters in Business Administration and can converse well in English.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Jeff
may i no the price n pics and location
may be price match with me
Thanks

Riyaz Ismail wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a good day!

I moved to Indonesia in March this year to live with my wife in Padang, West Sumatera. But finding a job here is quite taxing. I've applied to many and I have not received any positive feedback.

I would like to know in this forum if there is anyone who could help with work. I'm struggling to make ends now and my wife is also pregnant expecting our 1st child in December.

I have a Masters in Business Administration and can converse well in English.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Rhyaz,
welcome on expat.com, said that these are hard times to find a job due the pandemy, the requirements to be hired in an Indonesian Company are very strictly, must be at least 25 yo, have a degree and 5 years experience in a job that cannot be done by locals.
If ur wife Is Indonesian, u can open a small Company in her name (UD or CV), its cheap and u will be entitled to help her in the business, wich means that u can operate in that business, but u cannot be officially hired.
Good luck and keep us updared.

Hi, Darren!

Indonesia is really one good option to spend your time in. Many cultures will put you in awe, and majority of Indonesian citizens respect expatriates, sometimes to the point that they respect them more than they do their own brothers and sisters. :D
Oh...and...in big cities like Jakarta, Surabaya, and Denpasar, you will find a lot of interesting cuisines. If you love foods and cultures, you will love being in Indonesia.

If you look for a place where there are beautiful views with chilling atmosphere, Bali would be great!
If you want to be in the capital city of Indonesia, I do have a house for rent in the heart of Jakarta. Eventhough this place is in the heart of Jakarta, it is in a very calm complex where the neighbors are kind and open-minded. This place is close to hospitals, supermarkets, bus stops, car repair stations, fancy restaurants and cheap food stalls, cafes, banks, massage clinics, barbershop, church & mosque, amusement park, etc. If you feel like going to beaches, there are beaches with calm waves in about 8kilometers away called Ancol. Unlike many areas in Jakarta, this area is quiet and safe.

I hope you find the perfect place. You deserve a good time!

Hello everyone at Expat.com!

My name is Wita, and I'm new here. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia and currently have my property for rent. So, if you think about visiting or living in Jakarta, I have a comfortable house for rent in the heart of Jakarta. It is rented monthly, but preferably yearly.

Have a good time and please stay safe wherever you are!

Cheers,
Wita

Closed