New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Halo Wita, welcome to Exapat.com.
U can post ur offer here, its specific for housing. https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/indonesia/ 
Stay safe

Oh..hi! Thank you for directing.. :)

Hey,

I am Fatima , looking for information on starting a clothing botique store in Jakarta.
I am from india . I would like to connect professionals who can guide me in establishing the store with all the legal formalities paper work .
Thank you.
Will be more than happy to connect 😊
Regards,
Fatima

Fatima bushra wrote:

Hey,

I am Fatima , looking for information on starting a clothing botique store in Jakarta.
I am from india . I would like to connect professionals who can guide me in establishing the store with all the legal formalities paper work .
Thank you.
Will be more than happy to connect 😊
Regards,
Fatima

Hi Fatima, first of all u must know that to open a Business u need to set up a company and if u want a 100% foreigner company u must pay in advance 10 billion rupiah.
There are other form of company cheaper, but the shares must be at least 51% (or more, depends of the sector) under an Indonesian citizen.
U can find more details here
https://www.3ecpa.co.id/incorporation/g … istration/

Hi Fatima,

If you are open for partnership, I am willing to help. As Marcello Manganese has mentioned, if you plan to open a business here in Jakarta, Indonesia, as a foreigner-owned company, you must pay that big amount of money to our gov't. However, it is different case if the business will be co-owned by locals. My husband has listed companies here. He is experienced with the struggles of establishing company here and also the procedure to complete paperwork. So, either you want a partnership (will need less money capital) or you need a business consultant, he will be that perfect fit.

Just let me know :)

I want to go Indonesia to stay long time to relax, how to enter now ? because of PPKM  can not enter even i have bussiness visa  any one can help me to enter Indonesia at this time????

nareshkeshi7 wrote:

I want to go Indonesia to stay long time to relax, how to enter now ? because of PPKM  can not enter even i have bussiness visa  any one can help me to enter Indonesia at this time????

Sorry, no way to enter Indonesia with a Business Visa now.
By the way, why u apply for business visa if Ur purpouse Is Just relax?

actually i apply  visa before  closed border. agency also no inform me too,  my plan is  enter B211A  visa and its can extend  too and change  other visa too  kitas  kitap  but unfortunately   indonesia immigration returm me back, now  iam finding the way to enter indonesia .

nareshkeshi7 wrote:

actually i apply  visa before  closed border. agency also no inform me too,  my plan is  enter B211A  visa and its can extend  too and change  other visa too  kitas  kitap  but unfortunately   indonesia immigration returm me back, now  iam finding the way to enter indonesia .

As I said, no way to enter Indonesia now.
The point Is that B221 should be only for non-profit business purpouse (meeting, reaserch, etc), not for tourism. I know that agencies trick the rule providing a sponsor that u dont know but its Dangerous, if Immigration check u, u will deported.
Anyway, u cant have a Kitas, wich Is only for workers, foreigner married with a local or ritired.
Bè patient and do the things in the right way.

thank you for info.  i know now  offshore can not apply. if border open and i want to enter indonesia which visa i need to apply can easily can enter indonesia? thank you

nareshkeshi7 wrote:

thank you for info.  i know now  offshore can not apply. if border open and i want to enter indonesia which visa i need to apply can easily can enter indonesia? thank you

With the border open, following the actual rrgulamentation, the best Visa to enter and stay long is Visit Visa, wich Is given up to 60 days stay and can be extended at the Immigration Office for 5 (five) times, each extension will be given for another 30 days stay.
U can apply for Visit Visa to the Indonesian Embassy of ur country.

Hi I am Leo from Holland living as expat in Thailand.
If de situation get worse here I intend to move to another Asian country, I am 66 years old and retired.
How hard/easy it is to get long term visa for Indonesia.
Not want to live in tourist areas, but close to a bigger town where they can speak some English or dutch

Ho Leo, get a retired visa in Indonesia is simple, but now its not possibile to apply for that kind of Visa offshore.
The only Visa permitted, due the restrictions for the Covid, is the so-called business visa (B211a), once in Indonesia can be converted in a Retired visa.
All the details here
https://www.cekindo.com/services/retire … -indonesia

How much cost a hired help or maid for a month ?
And must the health insurance be Indonesian, I got arena healt insurance

Leo Peek wrote:

How much cost a hired help or maid for a month ?
And must the health insurance be Indonesian, I got arena healt insurance

Any region in Indonesia have a minimum wage, berween 2.7 and 3 million Rp.
International insurance Is fine.

Hi there, newbie on this website, thanks for allowing me to join admin! Been living/ working in Indonesia for quite some time in a number of places, previous Bali, now Jakarta. Dutch national, wife is Indonesian, daughter is mixed with both nationalities. Look forward to communicate with likeminded  :)

bennl wrote:

Hi there, newbie on this website, thanks for allowing me to join admin! Been living/ working in Indonesia for quite some time in a number of places, previous Bali, now Jakarta. Dutch national, wife is Indonesian, daughter is mixed with both nationalities. Look forward to communicate with likeminded  :)

Welcome to the forum Benni, I tried to give an answer to the question u posted in ur thread.

Great stuff, thanks a lot  ;)

Hello, my name is Arielle. I am super new to all of this and hope I am in the right place for asking this question... I have a plane ticket booked to Bali in February and have made arrangements through Airbnb for my lodging. With the current covid-19 situation and me being an American citizen, I have found out I can only enter Indonesia and get to Bali with a business Visa. I am wanting to blog and write for local restaurants and businesses for Bali. I don't know where to start like should I get sponsored and if so which is the most reputable and trustworthy company to use to find sponsorship and help me with the application process.. this will be my first big international trip and I plan on staying a while if possible in Bali, and would love to help the local travel/ food/ and tourism industry as a blogger/writer/ digital nomad. Already have a US passport and I have my lodging set aside and plane ticket.. but all of the legality part dealing with the VISA is so confusing to me and giving me anxiety.. but good anxiety of course! Someone anyone please help..

newme19891995 wrote:

Hello, my name is Arielle. I am super new to all of this and hope I am in the right place for asking this question... I have a plane ticket booked to Bali in February and have made arrangements through Airbnb for my lodging. With the current covid-19 situation and me being an American citizen, I have found out I can only enter Indonesia and get to Bali with a business Visa. I am wanting to blog and write for local restaurants and businesses for Bali. I don't know where to start like should I get sponsored and if so which is the most reputable and trustworthy company to use to find sponsorship and help me with the application process.. this will be my first big international trip and I plan on staying a while if possible in Bali, and would love to help the local travel/ food/ and tourism industry as a blogger/writer/ digital nomad. Already have a US passport and I have my lodging set aside and plane ticket.. but all of the legality part dealing with the VISA is so confusing to me and giving me anxiety.. but good anxiety of course! Someone anyone please help..

Halo Arielle, welcome to Expat.com.
Ur info are correct, now USA citizens who dont have Kitas or Kitap can enter Indonesia only via Jakarta or Manado with a B221a Visa.
U must have proof of fully vaccination completed at least 15 days before the departure date, download the Pedulilbungi app and fill the HEAC section (can be done also to the airport), proof of health or life insurance wich cover Covid-19 and a sponsor, that will be provided by the agency who will apply for ur Visa.
U can find reliable agency with a quich Google reaserch, but read the review first, there are also bad agency out there.
That said, the situation can change before february next year, right few days ago the International Airport of Bali opened to citizens of 19 Countries, USA not included, but the list could be implemented in the next months.
I suggest to u to post a thread in the forum and stay tuned, every news Is published there.

Marcello Manganese wrote:
newme19891995 wrote:

Halo Arielle, welcome to Expat.com.
Ur info are correct, now USA citizens who dont have Kitas or Kitap can enter Indonesia only via Jakarta or Manado with a B221a Visa.
U must have proof of fully vaccination completed at least 15 days prior departire,  a negative PCR test 2 x 24 hours, download the Pedulilbungi app and fill the HEAC section (can be done also to the airport), proof of health or life insurance wich cover Covid-19 and a sponsor, that will be provided by the agency who will apply for ur Visa.
U can find reliable agency with a quich Google reaserch, but read the review first, there are also bad agency out there.
That said, the situation can change before february next year, right few days ago the International Airport of Bali opened to citizens of 19 Countries, USA not included, but the list could be implemented in the next months.
I suggest to u to post a thread in the forum and stay tuned, every news Is published there.

hi. i'm local. am i allowed to answer any question related indonesia in this forum? cause seems like i relate for some of question here. thanks,

Funny Ind wrote:

hi. i'm local. am i allowed to answer any question related indonesia in this forum? cause seems like i relate for some of question here. thanks,

First - Welcome to the forum
Second - Feel free to start a thread with your questions

It's never a bad idea to check the posting guidelines, but the basics are no advertising or contact details.

Thank you so much for your reply! I have been trying to stay on top of news in regards to being able to come to Indonesia specifically Bali as an American. I believe they had stated well at least I read on an article form that quarantine has went from 5 days at a designated quarantine hotel down to 3 days. Flights at one time were canceled that were leaving America to Bali but I believe they have resumed flights now.. I am going to start my business Visa application process the second week of December. I truly hope within the next 3 weeks things change because I don't want to push it past applying in December, although I do wish I could wait and apply in January because by then they might add the United States to the list. I am going to go with Emerhub I believe for my sponsorship.. any opinions on this company? The visa fee sure is not cheap.. thank you so much everyone for all your kindness and can't wait to visit Bal!!!

newme19891995 wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply! I have been trying to stay on top of news in regards to being able to come to Indonesia specifically Bali as an American. I believe they had stated well at least I read on an article form that quarantine has went from 5 days at a designated quarantine hotel down to 3 days. Flights at one time were canceled that were leaving America to Bali but I believe they have resumed flights now.. I am going to start my business Visa application process the second week of December. I truly hope within the next 3 weeks things change because I don't want to push it past applying in December, although I do wish I could wait and apply in January because by then they might add the United States to the list. I am going to go with Emerhub I believe for my sponsorship.. any opinions on this company? The visa fee sure is not cheap.. thank you so much everyone for all your kindness and can't wait to visit Bal!!!

3 days will do the trick now as long as you have had 2 covid vaccinations and meet all the other requirements.

Visa prices vary depending upon how much you get ripped off. As with anything, check the actual price first
https://consular.embassyofindonesia.org … dvisa.html
The printed info is not as clear as I would like to see, so a phone call to the embassy might be in order.

There are still no international flights into Bali as of today - Jakarta has some, but not from the US.
You should try to confirm  US flights to Indonesia will start before going ahead with the visa application.

I have no idea about the company you mentioned but they appear to be pushing a B211A visa. Your business intentions determine if this visa is suitable.
If they are suggesting that visa, check HERE to determine its suitability.
Please be aware, breaking your visa conditions usually gets you a visit to the airport ahead of your planned departure date.

Thank you for all of your help! I'm pretty concerned if you have never heard of that company for sponsorship.. as you are in Indonesia. Emerhub wants to charge $775 and on the embassy website it is stating it would only be a fraction of that cost.. you're telling the truth about being ripped off.. even my travel agent was extremely surprised they were charging that much and had never heard of them either. I am due to go back to visit my Travel agent  around the beginning of December and check on flights leaving from America to Indonesia. On Qatar airlines website and other websites it shows flights for purchase now.. but I will be sure to check with my actual travel agent to guarantee this before I start the Visa process like you said. Another concern is that Emerhub stated I need to prove $2,000 in my bank account.. while on the embassy website  it states you only need two provide $1,500 for living expenses.. I have emailed the company representative again that I spoke with and have since heard from them and it's been 2 days... I'm starting to feel it's a little sketchy now LOL.. I also think I'm going to try to find the Indonesian embassy in my state and go up there if I can make an appointment and talk with them. It's very difficult to try to plan this and put it together, but I know it will be worth it.. if it doesn't work out then I will just wait until there is a little more flexibility with gaining entry. Once again thank you so much for all of your help this is an amazing forum 😊

My not knowing about Emerhub isn't much to worry about. Indonesia is a massive country with millions of businesses so nobody is going to know all of them.

If you intend to do actual business here, you also need to check the laws concerning foreign owned entities. Look up PT PMA and minimum investments. That's lawyers and a lot of messing about, but it also guarantees a visa.

Absolutely, Thank you 😊 Great advice for me to follow.

Hi everyone, grateful to be on this platform. Would love to know if there are any Zimbabweans/Zimbabwean community here in Jakarta. I'm new in Jakarta

Hello, charlestk, and welcome to the forum.
I know there are some people from various bits of Africa in Indonesia, but I gather very few.
My only thought at the moment is try your embassy in Jakarta. They might well have lists of people or know of social events.

https://vymaps.com/ID/Embassy-of-Republ … we-692526/

Good luck

Hey everyone,

My name is Kelvin and i am a Malaysian thats based in jakarta, Indonesia for the next foreseeable future.  Would love to connect with like minded people who wish to escape the hustle and bustle of this busy city and learn from each others experience of living here.

Hi, kelsoo, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find people with shared interests.

Hello everybody,
My name is Manolis I come from Greece but I have been living in Belgium.
I am retired and I moved to Jakarta since my wife is Indonesian .
I would like to know if there is a Greek community in Jakarta.
All the best to all.

Hi, Manolis, and welcome to the forum.
Sad as it is, the expat community in Indonesia is smaller than usual at the moment but you might drop lucky.

Hey Fred, I'm new to this forum and can't seem to read your posts. By your profile I can tell you're ok! What can I do?

herbertnosworthy wrote:

Hey Fred, I'm new to this forum and can't seem to read your posts. By your profile I can tell you're ok! What can I do?

I got rid of quite a few very old posts that were so out of date they were either misleading or just plain wrong as things changed.
Other than those, you should be able to read them.

Ok, that figures. Cheers.
Lots of chin scratching going on right now. Our time in Macau is drawing to an end (10 yrs), so it's Oz or Indo as the first dichotomous key.
You seemed willing to share a pretty no-BS POV.
She's from Malang, I'm from Melbourne.

herbertnosworthy wrote:

Ok, that figures. Cheers.
Lots of chin scratching going on right now. Our time in Macau is drawing to an end (10 yrs), so it's Oz or Indo as the first dichotomous key.
You seemed willing to share a pretty no-BS POV.
She's from Malang, I'm from Melbourne.

I would love to visit the land of Fosters and dunnies for a holiday, but Indonesia is a massive adventure for me.
Well over 14 years in and the WOW! still hasn't gone away.

It's also really cheap to live here.

That's a fair rap! I must admit it has massive allure from that perspective. Never far from your next jawdropping place, mostly for positive reasons. I believe all the photos. Especially Photoshopped sunsets. Lolp

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969320

Thanks!

Closed