New members of the Greece forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Greece forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Greece if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello am a Kenyan and new here looking forward to get help on jobs in Greece as i look forward to settle.

Hello everyone!

I'm John. I'm currently living in Athens and have spent the last 30 years living between the UK and  Greece.
I'm here in Greece permanently now. I'm both a British and Greek national and speak both languages fluently.
I'm currently working for a Real Estate company and look forward to networking with you all. :)
Happy New Year to all! ;)

Hello Pythagoras,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Thank you for the introduction.  :up:

Should you have any question or want to share your experience with us, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Greece forum.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Kalimera
I am new to Greece, but had been a tourist previously.
I moved here from Hungary to work as a Hungarian speaking customer service rep.
My fur baby has moved here with me.
I was a member of InterNation in Budapest and had many expat friends.
I look forward to learning Greek.
I also plan to explore the islands.
I am currently looking for a flat in the areas of Moschato, Tavros, or Kallithea.

Hi all,
A quick introduction, I'm Mike and along with Maureen (my wife) and Alf (our dog) we all moved from the U.K to the island of Lesvos. We've been here just over 3 years now and made the leap after visiting for 20+ years.
We couldn't imagine being anywhere else now.
Regards.

Hello Mike and Maureen, I am Leon a Greek that grew up abroad. I have been to Lesvos a number of times to visit Saint Rafael and Archangel Michael but also to visit this lovely island with so many things to see and do. I have visited Turkey through Lesvos and it is also a very nice place.

If you ever visit Athens I can take you to see places.

hello,I'm David form Tbilisi Georgia

I'm Greek,Pontian  Greek,I want to come to Greece and live there

Hi, We're a belgian couple, in our mid fourties. We are planning a relocation to Greece in about 5 to ten years. For now, we're very interested in buildable land in either Pilion or the Peloponessos area.. But we are open to every nice suggestion.. We like mediterranean , rough and lots of nature. ..
Our plan is to buy property in the near future (1 / 2/3 years)  , and build a nice home there.  Renovata an older farm is also an option !!
We also like to get to know (pref. belgians/dutch) people living in Greece.
Greetings !

Hello
I am french, leaving near Paris. My husband and I are currently building a house on the island of Paros. We will not really be expatriates since it is a holiday home for now. My husband has Greek roots and family in Athens. He wanted to find his roots there. We have 3 young boys of 4, 6 and 8 years old who like us love Greece. We would love to meet expatriates with young children if they exist on the island... Or grandparents receiving grandchildren of the same ages. Greetings

Can you help me get to Greece?

Hello to all members!

My name is Eugene.
I'm living in Artemis town, outside of Athens, have spent the last 12 years living between Germany, Russia, Kazakhstan, the USA, and Greece. I'm permanently staying now in Greece.

I own a Construction Company and look forward to networking with you all.

Hi all,
Don. 60+

Considering permanent move to the Peloponnese.
Looking for guidance on residency and tax requirements.

Hi,I sent you a contact request.

Hi we are Canadian , my girlfriend is Greek and we are planning to relocate to chania Crete in about an year .
This would be a permanent move we hope , to settle there and make a new life for ourselves .
I speak English and french and she speaks English and Greek .

I have worked construction my whole career both in Canada and USA and the caribbean.

Would love to either work for a construction company there or maybe start my own renovation business ?

Either way we are looking into the process to get there soon

Maurice

Hi all. My name is Tjaart and wife Ansie, originally from South Africa but lived in Kazakhstan last 3 years. We have now retired and decided to relocate to Greece permanently. We are currently in Greece to buy property and to get the residence application process going. We can do with whatever factual advice you can give us on living costs, importing costs on a vehicle bought in another EU state, medical and private medical insurance and where to settle. We have Nafplio in mind but there may also be other good areas, we are not specifically keen on Attica. We welcome your feedback

My real estate guy - Taki -  can help with the golden visa ...and all other property needs...he is a real estate agent and helped me superbly ...His name is ...
Datsulis Panagiotis
[email protected]

Thank you. Did you hire separate lawyers for contracts, notary services etc. or did he arrange that as well. Could you perhaps send me a breakdown of the all costs you paid for the property purchase and for the Golden visa application. I found lawyers who do the full package but it will be good to compare the costs as I do not really have a benchmark for that. If you want to reply private I can send you my email address.

Hello,
I'm Noa Harel Bazak and my family and I are relocating from Israel to Athens this August. My kids are going to study at St. Lawrence college and I'm going to work from home.
I'm looking for a good neighborhood and considered Glyfada and Voula. I'll be happy to hear about both options.
My dream is to have a big balcony overlooking the beach. Can this be accomplished?

Thanks!

Hi fellow expats

My name is Penny. I am from the UK but have lived most of my life abroad, lastly in Estonia which is the   polar opposite of Greece in every way as far as I can make out. I am in Thessaloniki to study for a year.

Hi I'm Sarah snd my self and my partner want to come to Greece next summer season and work , how do we go about finding jobs and accommodation please ?
Any advice appreciated :-)

Good Day

I am currently living in South Africa and thinking of moving to Athens  (it is time to leave)

We are a family of 5

Would like to know the best way to find a job

Thanks
Gerry

Hello gerry,you can contact recruitment agencies on line,contact companies direct for vacancies,do you speak Greek?Of course high end tourism is the thing now with management of complexes,high end very expensive is being built every day here.a massive complex going up on Corfu,you need to access the companies who may have given all the positions to recruitment companies,it depends your skills.

Hello all.
We are not looking for a permanent move but to spend 3 to 4 months a year in Greece. We have been visiting yearly since 1995 and as retirement approaches, the country beckons.

Hi looking to move to Greece in the near future just wondering if anyone has a construction business as I'm looking to project manage over there if possible?

Hi all

I'm Tracey, from Ireland and I'm moving to Greece September 22nd, looking forward to the change,

Oh Dear - I wish I could find My Correspondence, to Expat, from a few Evenings ago -
Suggestions please ?!

- Melessa G

Hi to all..I'm fay and im half Gree/Australian. I just I inherited unfinished apartments and a shop on the island of Kos. I can also auction a plot of land by the sea in Kos so that the other heirs can get their percentage as well as 2 stores in Athens. I have not lived on the island for many years now and I do not have the ability to repair them. I have them for sale with 2 lawyers and an engineer at the disposal of anyone who is interested ... see my ads .. it is worth it for anyone who wants to move to a quiet and unique place such as the island of Hippocrates ..

Hi everyone,

I'm Mark a Swiss/Australian currently living in France. I am moving to Greece next month to start a new customer service job in Athens.

I am very much looking forward to living somewhere warm and sunny as well as being much closer to the sea than I am at the moment.

hello
Stéphane Francais 43 years old, currently owner of a vacation home in Crete, and in the process of buying a second one.
I want to settle permanently in Crete within 5 to 10 years.
I stay in Crete for the end of my vacation before resuming in a week.  my plan is to continue to rent out my first vacation home and live in the second and why not continue to buy goods to occupy myself during this retirement which I hope will be very early.
  lovers of the sea and the island: I also want to visit the rest of Greece.
  I signed up here to meet French people all year round and especially to answer questions like car purchase and year round insurance, etc.  looking forward to having a conversation with you.
Have a good day

How're things!

Heading to Thessaloniki in 2 weeks for remote work in Customer Service. Looking forward to the new adventure, Any tips on meeting people and getting to know the place please get in touch.

Goodluck all

Dear Joe:  which months of the year do you wish to be in Greece?
:) Peter

Bonjour
Nous sommes mon mari et moi prêts pour nous expatrier en Crete au premier semestre2022. Nous cherchons à louer à l'année une maison pour commencer à nous ancrer dans cette île que nous connaissons bien. Peut-être pourriez-vous nous aider?
Marianne

Bonjour
Je m.appelle Marianne et avec mon mari Jean Noël nous allons nous installer en Crete en tant qu'expat retraités en 2022.

Et pourtant nous habitons La Seyne-sur-Mer ! C'est vous dire si nous aimons la Crete..
J'avoue que mon grand père était grec et ceci explique sûrement cela….

Nous connaissons bien l'ile et mon mari y va début octobre pour chercher une location à l'année .
Nous affectionnons particulièrement le sud de Chania, autour du village de Vrisses, celui qui est en dessous de Georgioupouli. D'une manière générale nous souhaitons rester dans la partie ouest mais nous sommes ouverts à toute proposition.

Si quelqu'un a des propositions de logement ou peut aider mon mari début octobre, ce serait sympa, nous ne connaissons sur place que des grecs qui parlent l'anglais aussi mal que nous 😂

En espérant que nous serons bientôt voisins

Marianne

Kalimeram

My name is Petra and i am living in Slovenia. I love to travel to Greece and this month i started to learn Greek. I am looking foward to meet new friends with whom i can try to speak in greek.

Petra

Hello Petra,welcome to all things Greek and all of us hanging about here.The Greek language is very beautiful,you will enjoy it and remember baby steps get you there in the end.

Hello
My name is Gregory Homatas and I have visited Greece four times as I have relatives in Greece and am thinking of possibly spending some of my retirement time there. I speak Greek and love foreign languages and am constantly improving my abilities and enjoying it. I look forward to learning from other members and exchanging information with like-minded people. Thank you very much for having me in this group.

Greg Homatas

Hello Greg,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Bringing your potential plans to reality can become easier indeed with the help of fellow expats. Feel free to start new threads on the Greece forum on any topics of your interest to seek their advice, and obtain their invaluable insight.

Best of luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello Greg

M'y name is Mathilde and I registered on Expat to meet people who consider living in Crete (fully or partielly) A place I fell in love with!
I am learning greek and going to Crete 2 or 3 times a year. I started to make Friends there and I have many questions about foreigners going to live there.
Since you have family in Greece, you might be able to answer some of my questions...maybe.

I am also grateful to be a part of this network 🙏

Hope to hear from you.

Mathilde
From France

Hi Mathilde

What are your questions?

At this point, I have only been to Greece for vacation so I don't know if I can help you but maybe I can make a suggestion where you might be able to look further or find out if I don't know the answer.

Greg

Closed