What happens to my RNE (Visa) after divorce?

Hello...
I've been in a relationship for over 10 years, and married for 7 years with a brazilian woman. We broke up in October and are still finalizing the divorce papers that should be ready next month. We do not have any children.

My question is if my RNE visa is at risk. It expires in 2024, however I've read somewhere that after 5 years of marriage you should be eligible for a permanent Visa.

I am the owner of a pousada here in the state of Ceara with 3 full time employees on contract and prior to marriage I had an investor Visa. In the case that my Visa would be at risk after divorce, I guess my business would justify me keeping my Visa?

If anyone could shed some light on this subject it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andreas B.

Greetings  Sir
Well, I don't  know if someone answered ur question but...
I am brazilian and I was married a foreigner also for 7 years long and even our marriage ended terribly, I didn't try to make something in order to put him in trouble because one thing is the marriage and other thing is the residence rights (the marriage gives the permission to foreigner live in other country but if foreigner acquires documents, he will be able to live in the country normally.

First of all :
1) Do you speak portuguese sir ?
2) Do you have CNPJ ( is almost same as CPF and almost like Social Security Number but "designed" for companies) because the business "Pousada" you and ur previous wife have 2gether.
3) About the property (Pousada) its necessary to look for a place called "Junta Comercial" (its a kinda office that will be able to inform you about everything you need to do about business and  comercial properties )
4) Its very important to look for a lawyer (but someone specializing in commercial affairs and kinda asset sharings ...in portuguese would be called "partilha de bens")
5) You sir need to go or keep contact with the embassy of your country and explain your situation because your representation on Brazil is the embassy.

Well... I think you do not need to worry... if you have nothing against you... no criminal record, no breaches of law and if you were a normal citizen (living in Brazil without problems) so I think that hardly  you will lose your right to llive in Brazil but... you sir need to search something about what I mentioned above.

My ex husband back to his country and he did many stupid things but even so, he didn't lose his RNE right neither the right to live in Brazil or marry again...

Well, very best regards and best of luck

kan du snakker norsk?  Jeg så rett etter at du snakker norsk, og jeg kunne svare på norsk ...engelsken min er ikke god , men min norsk er litt (en liten bit) bedre enn min engelsk ...
vel, uansett!  Det beste heldige, men ikke glem å følge trinnene jeg nevnte tidligere

Please remember this is an English Site

Oh i didnt know it was your site sorry

It is not my site it is the English site for ex-pats or those seeking information in English for Brasil. You can find the Code of Conduct on the Forum Pages.

Hello QuestionTags,

Unfortunately, you may not use other languages aside from English on the anglophone forum.

Our members are here because they are English-speaking, even though I'm sure many of them could know other languages as well. Keeping that in mind, we insist on conversations being in English for the sake of consistency and comprehension of the topics at hand being discussed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

I am trying to remove my account because I was thinking expat was a site develope to WORLDWIDE people but as I can see.... well, I will not say what I think.
We try to help but the rules are not CLEAR but if is a closed group, ok please remove my account soon as possible because here people take care more about point others than resolve situations... please if you all live in Brazil or decide to visit or live in Brazil change the closed mentality that people need to speak ONLY English... on Federal Police Bureau foreigners that come fresly from outside get lost because they do not speak other languange and just their native language... but you all do not care... please I will not spend my time here... if you all want to have right ok... I prefer be in peace than have right.

Please remove my account as I requested

QuestionTag,
04/26/21

Expat.com is not a closed group - far from it.  The Forums, however, are organized by language.   All Forums have rules, and one of the rules of each Forum is to post in the language of that Forum.   Forums are available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese,  and Italian.

There's nothing to prevent one member from asking another member in a post in the language of that Forum whether s/he speaks a third language.  The members are then free to communicate in that language in Private Messages, or if it's one of Expat's languages, in that language's forum.

To access a Forum in a different language,  go to the last line at the very bottom of the page and click the drop-down menu at the end of that line.

I hope that helps.  :)

Just look at the code of conduct. They are the only rules.
You would be surprised at the number of members that are multilingual.
Your knowledge will be an asset