Homeowners Insurance for an Apt. owner

Happy Holidays to all.
Please stay safe during these holidays.
Can anyone provide any guidance as to the cost for owners insurance for an apt (in Rio).
Traditional US type to cover your dwelling and personal goods.
(Not like some I have seen with total bells and whistles including costs of repairmen).
Thanks in advance,
Paul

We have ours through Banco do Brasil, since that's where we bank.  We pay R$540,99 per year.  It's a national plan, so I imagine that the price in Rio would be comparable.   If you don't use BB, your own bank probably has a product.  I can send you the coverages in a PM, if you're interested.

Thank you for this Insurance information.
I would appreciate more details.
I am reluctant to put my phone # on this public forum as I get already too many marketers calling and one never knows which marketers are monitoring this site.
So if you don't mind, I'll giveyou my email:
DeGonzaguep@aol.com
I hope that's not inconvenient for you.
You could reply to my email with the info, or I'll give you my WhatsApp # then.
Thanks
Paul

PaulDe wrote:

Thank you for this Insurance information.
I would appreciate more details.
I am reluctant to put my phone # on this public forum as I get already too many marketers calling and one never knows which marketers are monitoring this site.
So if you don't mind, I'll giveyou my email:
DeGonzaguep@aol.com
I hope that's not inconvenient for you.
You could reply to my email with the info, or I'll give you my WhatsApp # then.
Thanks
Paul

On its way.  :top:

The services that don't interest you are included, but not billed separately.  You could probably discuss them at the time of purchase.

Bom dia!

Does anyone have information specific for Renter's insurance?  I am used to having everything covered through my homeowner's policy.  Now , that I sold my house in the US, and we are in a rental house (for now) and want to have our belongings  covered. Where to start?

Muito obrigado. Martin
Boa tarde:
I was given a suggestion by a good friend- who is also on expat- to contact your Brazilian bank. That's what I did and it seems ok - haven't had to make any claims so far.
If you have any contact at your bank branch, you could get the contact for the person who handles the insurance.
I did not go shopping around for rates, don't know where else to direct you.
In my case, last year they offered to break down the premium into 10 monthly ‘parcelas' with no interest. This year it was 8 which in today's interest environment was a god deal.
Good luck
For renters insurance if you have a US address your stuff is covered not place per say. USAA allows to cover your property abroad as long as you insure your primary US residence
@rnbtg

Thank you! But as stated in my message, I just sold my house in US, so I canceled my Homeowner's Insurance. That's why I'm inquiring here :)
You don't have anything in storage or a mailing address in the US? I am obligated to have one because of banks and the like so my permanent address is a family members home. Something like that works.
@GuestPoster279

Rule of the thumb math, and that varies according to your credit score......

For each year you remain on the lease, 1-1/2 months as insurance premium is added at the top of the total rental cost.

So, ballpark figures, you  add condo fee, installment tax bill, rental rate, then multiply the total rent by 13-1/2,. and divide it by 12, and then you know the factored cost of the rent with insurance.
sorry, my bad.  I was thinking Renter's insurance.

For home insurance, then you need to get your broker to pull a quote.
07/18/22 Does anyone have information specific for Renter's insurance?  I am used to having everything covered through my homeowner's policy.  Now , that I sold my house in the US, and we are in a rental house (for now) and want to have our belongings  covered. Where to start?

Muito obrigado. Martin
- @MA22

Hi, Martin  - in re-reading your post, I realized that you seemed to be talking about Renter's Insurance in the US.

If that's what you're interested in, State Farm used to be active in that line; I don't know whether they still are.  If the company you have your car insurance with has a property and casualty subsidiary, they may be able to help you with that, too.

ETA - Electric Insurance (eic.electricinsurance.com) definitely offers Renter's Insurance.
@abthree

Bom dia!

No, I'm talking about Renter's Insurance here in João Pessoa, where I have now moved.  Thank you so much for all your previous help with info about FBI Background checks and Visa applications! 
07/19/22 Bom dia!

No, I'm talking about Renter's Insurance here in João Pessoa, where I have now moved.  Thank you so much for all your previous help with info about FBI Background checks and Visa applications! 
- @MA22

Ah! Welcome, then. 🤣 Ask about insurance at your bank when you open your account, if you don't find any before.