House Insurance

Hello
I need help in finding a good insurance company, also those to avoid!
Many Thanks
Christian'smum

You can try Bulgaria Insurance or Allianz Bulgaria
(Allianz is a big multinational company)

I've used 24ins.bg for several insurances (property, car, health insurance for foreigners) and it seems to be OK. It's a bit online, so you don't have to visit an office... and they seem to have a couple of English-speaking agents.

I also highly recommend getting an easypay account (epay.bg) if you haven't already. I pay pretty much all my bills through this.

@Ramses K.  My experience with Allianze is not so great. The policy have good market coverage, but they pay only 10% of what it really cost.

@gwynj info much appreciated !

do you know if there's a possibility to be insured in BG with a foreign plate for car/scooter?

for volontary health insurance, have you other advices and any idea of costs/coverage ?   
@Manomelco

Vehicle Insurance. Annual insurance only for BG plate vehicles (as far as I know). My insurance agent gave me a policy based on my VIN (rather than my UK plate) to cover me to drive for inspection / re-registration. She said it was only valid for a few days. There are Bulgarians who continue to drive foreign-registered vehicles (without valid inspection or insurance), but I don't recommend this option. Probably better to re-register here (not very difficult/expensive).

Voluntary health insurance. This depends on your status employed, self-employed, or unemployed. I pay as unemployed, currently 26 leva/month. You need a few months of payments (you can pay all in advance too) to be fully covered. This gives you free or nearly-free state healthcare in public hospitals. Most private hospitals are also in the system and get whatever the official payment is... and you pay the extra for your VIP treatment. You can also get an EHIC for use outside Bulgaria.