Bali reopening

A friend of mine in Jakarta has said Bali will open to foreigners on December 1st.  Can anyone confirm this or have a link to the story in English.  He said he heard it on the local news station. 
What will be the conditions if known?

I haven't heard that news. Where did your friend get his information? I was still under the impression that Bali would not open before the end of this year with the possibility of the ban even being extended longer.

Digitarius wrote:

A friend of mine in Jakarta has said Bali will open to foreigners on December 1st.  Can anyone confirm this or have a link to the story in English.  He said he heard it on the local news station. 
What will be the conditions if known?

Not true, they are just considering to open the Airport to International flights, but not yet avoid tourist visa, there Is not an official date for that.

Well my friend in Jakarta didn't say it was official but he said he is seeing ads for a possible opening.
Can anyone tell me of a good sponsor that's reasonable in pricing in Bali or more than one?

Most of what you hear & read is BS.   

It's mainly coming from the mouths of tourism bodies trying to keep people in the loop so they don't spend those “put aside” holiday  dollars on other options.   And that's already happening.

Aussies won't be going anywhere until a vaccine is successfully in place , and Govt sources have already stated 2022 as a starting point.

It'll be a long wait.   You've got too many hurdles to jump including which vaccine candidates will get global approval,  and which countries will abide by that.  Do you think China & Russia ( big players in Asian tourism) will play along.

Travel insurance is another problem.....good luck there.

Thailand wants tourists to take Covid insurance @ $300 a month , but it's only medical.  If a passenger tests + in preflight tests.....he doesn't fly.   Kiss his money goodbye.......and most working people usually apply, book & pay for airfares, holiday bookings months in advance & have to sweat it out worrying about passing a “test” at the last minute & on arrival. 

Most won't bother.   

Also regular schedules will be difficult. Planes won't fly unless near full capacity.   Flights will get “bumped”......they'll be like Thai public bus system,,,,only leave when full.   Only way to be profitable.

That's just a few issues travellers will need to consider.......but who wants to be first arrivals into a deserted ghost town.

Domestic travel is the best hope for the foreseeable future. 

I'm already here in SE Asia,,,,but I doubt I'd bother with all the BS to come here now.   And I think the BS is here to stay.

There's a friend of mine, she's Russian, she said she know how to come to Bali for foreigners, with legal way.
Not sure how she can make it, maybe come trough Jakarta, I dunno for sure.
Because other Australian Friends who live in Jakarta, they just came back from Bali with her families this month.
But as far as I know the international flight to bali is not opened yet, except international flights from bali to some international destinations.

What is her way, have you asked your Russian friend?

I didn't ask her yet, but she ever post on her Instagram story she knows how to get Bali for foreigner and if someone interesting we can ask her how.
Maybe you can contact her trough her instagram, her instagram is daianadaiana. Also maybe can ask at balibudies instagram, the owner is Aistralian who can arrange bali trip for foreigners.

There Is only one legal way acrually to come to Bali of u dont have a Kitas or kitap, and its to apply for a business Visa through an agent.
International flights to Bali are not yet allowed, so u must flight to Jakarta and then to Bali.

Any update on Bali reopening?  I have not heard anything.  Anyone ever heard of BaliLegal a business in Bali to help foreigners get visa and such for entry into Indonesia?

Digitarius wrote:

Any update on Bali reopening?  I have not heard anything.  Anyone ever heard of BaliLegal a business in Bali to help foreigners get visa and such for entry into Indonesia?

New regulation released yestarday from immigration allow enter in Indonesia foreigner holding Kitas, Kitap, and B221A already issued, not clear if they will processo new Visa, till yestarday was not possible to apply for new Visa through the website of immigration, even of some agency claim that they can do It, so be carefull, scame Is behind the corner.

But have you ever heard of BaliLegal? A friend of mine sent me there link but he had never heard of them. He go the link off of Facebook.

Digitarius wrote:

But have you ever heard of BaliLegal? A friend of mine sent me there link but he had never heard of them. He go the link off of Facebook.

Yes, I Heard of them, seems a  good agency, u can try to Google them and check the reviews

A regular commentator on this forum (drbrucepk) regularly posts youtube Covid updates with accurate up to date information.  Dr. Bruce is a well known anthropologist, and a very close personal friend.  He lives in Singaraja, Bali.  Here's his latest udate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ2JzDuiNg0