Opening a clothing store

Hi,
I am very interested in opening a store in Bali for over 3 years now and would like to know what is involved.. I do have a small clothing label that is designed in aus but made in Bali. So if there are any expats that own stores please share your knowledge I'd love to know everything.

I have no idea but I am sure it will be a challenge, there are so many clothing stores on Bali already but if you can then why not?  You could also go online and deliver via tiki or jne.
I hope you succeed and good luck with your venture.

A very good friend of mine, who is also a model here on Bali is looking for a partner, and partnering up with an Indonesian is the most viable way for foreigners to go when setting up a small business here.

Just Google under her name Maey Basri.

She has also started a new line of clothes under her label and she is quite a talented designer. 

Who knows, you two might hit it off really well.

I would like to know experiance first. I am researching before I jump in the deep end how much money it will cost to set up finding a shop and so forth..

I would love to hear from people who have successfully done this.. Yes there are plenty of stores already but in any country it's all the same. But harder to get started.

Krystlexo wrote:

I would like to know experiance first. I am researching before I jump in the deep end how much money it will cost to set up finding a shop and so forth..

I would love to hear from people who have successfully done this.. Yes there are plenty of stores already but in any country it's all the same. But harder to get started.

How about you put up your questions here, it might be easier for others to provide useful informations.

So far one only can see that you are interested opening a store in Bali and that you have a small clothing label.

What is your idea/intention next ??

What kind of clothes ??
You want to sell in Bali only or also exporting ??
You need a factory or will it be home made ??
Is it for men/women or kids ??

And so on.....

People in this forum like to help but sometimes it is better to come to the point as otherwise it will be endless postings without bringing results.

Don't get me wrong just my 2 cents.

Hi happy hour, do you own a clothing store? I did state I would like to know how much it costs to set up a store (ball park) and how to find a shop (renting)
I do want to pick someone's brain that owns a clothing store in popular tourist places like seminyak my clothing is already made in Bali and it gets exported to aus for my online store.

Really what I want is to reach tourist from all over the world who visit Bali because it is my second home.
But it doesn't matter what I sell just need some information about opening a store what is involved..
I know people are writing to me to help which is very kind but I am looking to speak with people who own successful clothing stores to share there experience with me.

Krystlexo wrote:

Hi happy hour, do you own a clothing store? I did state I would like to know how much it costs to set up a store (ball park) and how to find a shop (renting)
I do want to pick someone's brain that owns a clothing store in popular tourist places like seminyak my clothing is already made in Bali and it gets exported to aus for my online store.

Really what I want is to reach tourist from all over the world who visit Bali because it is my second home.
But it doesn't matter what I sell just need some information about opening a store what is involved..
I know people are writing to me to help which is very kind but I am looking to speak with people who own successful clothing stores to share there experience with me.

I don't own a clothing store and can not tell about the cost to open a shop in Bali, this depend on the location and size of the shop.

But for sure some legal steps need to be taken into consideration if you are a foreigner.

If Bali is indeed "your second home" then it should be somewhat self evident that to find the answers to your questions relating to a store front in Seminyak...that will require a visit to "your second home" and some serious face to face discussions.

No, I've never had a clothing store in Seminyak, but I did have a rather large art gallery in Ubud, and as Tom (aka happyhour) indicated in his last post, the costs of any retail shop in any part of Bali will depend on location and square meters of the shop.