Opening bank account

Good evening
I have an urgent inquiry I have been here for almost one month and half and did the commune registration on 21/10/2020 and got Annexe 49 my question is how I can open bank account using passport as ID do you guys suggest any bank rather than KBC or ING(done the whole process however no action or reply from them)

Hello,

Go to post office, they will open one for you without discussion.

Hi philippe thanks for the quick reply and help actually I visited post office and they asked for Belgian ID I will visit them again tomorrow and see how it will work.

When came to Belgium i opened account in BNP Paribas Fortis Bank by providing my passport copy and later i provided them my residence card. If i remember correctly you can open bank account with passport for up-to 6months then you have to provide residence card copy to bank.

Your temporary annexe 49 is enough. They must open first a "limited" account. It's a legal obligation because all workers need a bank account.

And when you'll have a complete registration, you will have 2 possibilities :
- ask them to remove the limitations
- open a normal bank account in a bank.

Did you have this opened in a branch or online?

Phipiemar & hssn601 are absolutely right.

It's nearly impossible online as you don't have a Belgian id card - registry number.
Every call center from any bank would call you and ask to go to a bank agency. (I had the case with my significant other 1 year ago at CBC while trying to do everything online)

So, you must go in bank agency with your passport/visa + work permit (+ work contract, but I don't think they'll need it) + they might ask a proof of residence from the commune (after the police visit at your address).
+ any letter from commune that you'll receive your id card soon if they gave it to you (they nearly never give it, as you've an ongoing visa).

PS: You'll probably have to book an appointment due to the covid19 and you'll need to insert your ID card into the ATM of the bank once you receive it (to unlock the limit)