Looking for advice/job opportunities

Hello all,

I was planning to relocate from the UK to India before Covid struck the world. Now that things are starting to move again, I am keen to get things going. The situation with work and visas is so complicated though!

I am currently self-employed as a freelance translator (working through an international agency) and yoga teacher. The easiest - and preferred - option would simply be to shift to India and continue the same freelancing work from there. I know that there is no specific visa category for freelancing - does anyone have any ideas for workarounds? Tourist visas are not available at the moment and I am tired of waiting! Is it possible to ‘self-invite' for an employment visa (given that I work for myself)?

The other option would be to enter into a partnership with an Indian friend of mine. He already has several companies in the field of sports retail and sports coaching and is keen to start a business with me. I would like to visit in order to discuss face-to-face and view locations etc. What would the visa/procedure be for this?

The third option would be to look for an entirely new job. I'm wondering how easy that would be. I am a multi-skilled professional with experience in teaching (Yoga), translation and general business administration/management. I also have a TEFL certificate for teaching English as a foreign language. If any of you know of companies currently looking for expats, I'd be happy to provide a CV. I'm hoping to move to Delhi/Gurgaon or Pune.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

Elli

Hello,
I can only offer you advise on protecting yourself if you do end up coming to india.
hence you have to make international call or whatsapp call. i know the situation .. I cannot help you with visa etc.. once you call me you will know why you need to hurry before.
Deepak (ex-NRI)