Critical skills employment permit and visa - Family

Hello All,

I am on the Critical skills employment path, the next step after my permit is to apply for my visa.
I have a spouse and daughter abd would love for us to travel together however the instructions are not clear as to whether we can apply for visas at the same time.

My question - can i submit a visa application for my spouse and daughter at the same time as my visa application or do i need to get my visa first?

Warm regards

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will all need a visa before travel; the process is described on the Irish Government website. this link will take you to the webpage.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello,
I am looking dairy farming job in Ireland.Can I have sponsor those who provide me farming job in Ireland?

Hi Kaydolz,

Yes, you should be able to apply for a direct family member, as per the following resource, which state:

Permit holders can apply for immediate family reunification from the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service of the Department of Justice and Equality and once their dependants/partners/spouses are resident in the State they are eligible to seek any employment and apply to the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation for a Dependant/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit which is currently issued free of charge.

You can view this entry in full at: https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp … nt-Permit/

Hopefully you and your family arrive safely soon!

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Deepa,

Unfortunately I don't think farming jobs fall under the critical skills criteria for applying for a job in Ireland at present.

Hopefully you can make it here some day, please keep an eye on the Irish Govt guidelines in case things change in future.

Kind Regards,

Luke

Thanks Luke,

We have made our application and keeping fingers and toes crossed.
With the pandemic the processing timelines are not so great but we'll see.

Warm regards
Dolly

Hi!

Did you get your visa? How long did it take?

Sir i do have passport nut i don't have visa

Oh, sorry. My mistake. I read the date on your post as 2021.

Good luck.