Anyone know about a Beach Front Resort

The P1234  price is used a lot and basically means that that you need to contact them for a price it is not the actual price of the product/service

10K a square for the beach access is a good price if its anywhere near civilisation not forgetting you can not own the land below the high watermark :)

That belongs to the people

Scott

Thanks for info mate...looks to me like my pockets just ain't deep enough....was hoping to enjoy the "push comes to shove" period.
Not sure if its going to happen...its ok i'll wait.

Just rec'vd an updated/revised offer fm local agent :     
12.5m/pesos...thats a whopping
0.5m peso discount in 1 week.
So i guess i'll need to wait...let me see another 3months?....or maybe even lower if I wait 6months.
Hmmm!!!

:|

manwonder wrote:

So i guess i'll need to wait...let me see another 3months?....or maybe even lower if I wait 6months.
Hmmm!!!

I hear you MW and as we know patience is a virtue, as said from another post where I was called a princess for being astute and may I say patient to own a beachfront property,,,,,,,, princess?  At AU $155,000.00 bucks? Same property in Oz? Not available or if AU 4/6M plus. A clever princess and you too can be a clever prince with patience.
Did you ever get the figures/returns? if not it will as said in an earlier submission simply a house on a 3,500M2 lot in the middle of where? No different to here and reflects the purchase price. lifestyle lot and infrastructure and little else, privacy, no crowing roosters, barking dogs or Karaoke may come with that property. Research/visit. OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Hmmm!!!

I hear you MW and as we know patience is a virtue, as said from another post where I was called a princess for being astute and may I say patient to own a beachfront property,,,,,,,, princess?  At AU $155,000.00 bucks? Same property in Oz? Not available or if AU 4/6M plus. A clever princess and you too can be a clever prince with patience.
Did you ever get the figures/returns? if not it will as said in an earlier submission simply a house on a 3,500M2 lot in the middle of where? No different to here and reflects the purchase price. lifestyle lot and infrastructure and little else, privacy, no crowing roosters, barking dogs or Karaoke may come with that property. Research/visit. OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks Steve...
Nope no figures/returns as yet (just partner & agent in a friendly general enquiry mode!)...Even if I did it get hold of records..most probably it would be filled with loads of bs.

Just on a personal note,,,,,, though all can see/ is this property/resort close to your better half's family? Could there be resistance at a family level? While the property looks ok from the little I have seen are you and your family prepared to work hard and turn around an obvious failure? I say this as the property appears to be offered up as land/buildings and chattels and no figures and needs to be considered as such. What are the land/lots with buildings selling for currently in that area? What work do you need to accomplish post C-19 to get the punters on its to put money in your bank? I'm sure you hear my thoughts.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Just on a personal note,,,,,, though all can see/ is this property/resort close to your better half's family? Could there be resistance at a family level? While the property looks ok from the little I have seen are you and your family prepared to work hard and turn around an obvious failure? I say this as the property appears to be offered up as land/buildings and chattels and no figures and needs to be considered as such. What are the land/lots with buildings selling for currently in that area? What work do you need to accomplish post C-19 to get the punters on its to put money in your bank? I'm sure you hear my thoughts.

Cheers, Steve.

Nope no family involvement... (not ever again thanks)...but like I said it appears to be some Japanese owner who wants to throw in the towel.
Yes i'm up for the challenge to get this place back into shape & if tourism does get back to its peak levels (2024 as per IATA predictions)  i'll be a happy man.
But before all that the price has to be dropped by 50-70%
Btw it doesn't have to be this specific sea resort as there are dime a dozen in this area so I'll wait patiently.

Omo

:D

P1234 is misleading.
I wonder why they will not call it as it is and say 'call for price'.

Jackson4 wrote:

P1234 is misleading.
I wonder why they will not call it as it is and say 'call for price'.

Exactly...its a game of "hide & seek" they play...thats till a 'bank debt recovery call' is made... thats when you'll get the real "FIRE SALE" price which is the one i'm looking out for.

:D

MW, did you acquire the resort?

Jackson4 wrote:

MW, did you acquire the resort?

Hi Jackson4...not as yet! :) ...am still shopping around for a better deal....think i'll still need another 3-6 mths to decide...I'm really in no hurry.
I think many other smaller resorts/beach lots are also going on fire sale here.
Maybe it could be for someone else with deeper pockets or someone who wants to do a JV with me...who knows!
(Non of the banks I approached have replied on any indicative value as yet.)
Cheers

Interested in a partner? I bet you get them to lower the price if you offered cash.

Now you can even own an island....for the same price!...loads of choices.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1360019 … 0268738274

manwonder wrote:

Now you can even own an island....for the same price!...loads of choices.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1360019 … 0268738274

Yeah. I'll have one island and  French fries on the side. 😂

Ask to see the title deed and check the names against the IDs of the apparent owners. Have a copy done and take it to the nearest Land Office where you request a "Certified True copy" of the deed for purchase reasons. All digital now so very quick.                       How high above sea level are the buildings.....you should be aware that sea levels are rising faster over the coming years than before.

A foreigner owning a beach lot puts himself at risk!                                                       
Arriving and departing by boat has its advantages for robbery and other things.            We expats should consider this and realize our vulnerability putting this above prices as a priority...we only have the one life so make it secure as best you can.

Peter Clark wrote:

A foreigner owning a beach lot puts himself at risk!                                                       
Arriving and departing by boat has its advantages for robbery and other things.            We expats should consider this and realize our vulnerability putting this above prices as a priority...we only have the one life so make it secure as best you can.

Thanks Peter....great advice & well noted.
Yes life you are given is but one...how you want to live it especially in your twilight years is another....I just lost my dad last month (he was 90 & passed away "peacfully" in Singapore & I was unable to be by his side....he was my only mentor in life & a selfless man) & I had actually wanted him to be part of this as he was suffering fm the onset of dementia which is tough being locked in a small apartment in a conjested city like Singapore. I infact told him I would be in touch with him & bring him over. I was supposed to have returned in March but covid took away my last chance of seeing my father may he rip.
Coming back any investment here needs to be taken with a 'pinch of salt' I'd agree with the idea of walking away with nothing mindset before you embark on any land/property investment here (the longer it lasts the cost average will work out I hope.) So that is what I will do...just waiting for upcoming  fire sales coming up fast & furious.
Thanks again