How to get registry married in Romania?

I am a Bangladeshi. I have been living in Romania for the last six months. I have a work permit and I also work in an automation based company as an engineer. Recently, My US girl friend thought that we can get married in Romania. So is it possible to get registry married in Romania? If it is possible which papers we need to show to the mayor office?
If anybody knows about that please inform me.

I'm assuming you have a permis de sedere.. The best thing to do is to go to Primarie (in the district/sector you live in), and ask them what you need. Also, you should go with a Romanian friend to make sure you get really clear info.
Or you could ask a Romanian friend to call them for you, but I strongly recommend going in person, as they might tell you some important things for your particular case (depending on your questions, of course).

Ariful Islam007 wrote:

I am a Bangladeshi. I have been living in Romania for the last six months. I have a work permit and I also work in an automation based company as an engineer. Recently, My US girl friend thought that we can get married in Romania. So is it possible to get registry married in Romania? If it is possible which papers we need to show to the mayor office?
If anybody knows about that please inform me.

Welcome on our forum,

Local authorities are competent to celebrate all marriages in Romania, regardless of the nationality of the spouses, but one of the two future spouses must reside in the country.

Concerning the celebration of the local marriage, the future spouses must inquire directly with the town hall which will celebrate the marriage.

Certificate of legal capacity to marry
The future spouses must provide the Romanian authorities with a certificate of legal capacity to marry established by the Embassy.
This document will be given to you after publication of the banns and verification of compliance with the substantive conditions provided for by the law of each.
After filing the marriage dossier, this embassy will publish the banns on its premises. If the domicile or residence of the future spouse is not located within the jurisdiction of the consular district, the banns must also be published by the town hall (or embassy or consulate) of the domicile or residence.

After the expiration of ten days for the posting of the banns, and if no opposition to the marriage plan has been filed, the certificate of legal capacity for marriage may be issued to you. It will be handed over to the local authorities, so that they can verify the marital capacity of the spouses.

You must contact the Embassy to submit the application for a certificate of legal capacity to marry at least 6 weeks before the wedding.

However, as soon as you are in possession of the Romanian documents certifying your marriage, you will have to register it with each of your embassies.

Therefore, prepare this logically. Each of you should check with your embassy to find out what documents are needed per spouse. And then afterwards you will have to do the same with the local authorities.

You have to understand every country has the right to celebrate a marriage of two people of different nationalities. To the bride and groom after taking care of the validation with their respective country.

All my best wishes for you

Welcome! Did you get married? You had great advice on this forum.