Cedula de idendidade - Brazilian identity card

In 2018 I was able to get the brazilizan citizenship (my grandmother was born in Brazil, so she was brazilian, and I've got mine from my mother, who is her daughter).
So far I've never been in Brazil.
Some brazilian documents I already asked for and got (passport, cpf, titulo eleitoral).
If I haven't got it wrong (my portuguese is inexistent; I was born and grew up in Italy, like my mother; my grandmother was born in Brazil from a family of italian immigrants that returned to Italy when my grandmother was 5 years old) somewhere I found that I should be able, the first time I'll be in Brazil, to ask for a cedula de idendidade, even if I were there as a tourist (I am not planning to transfer my residence in Brazil nowhere in the near nor far future; perhaps, but only perhaps, only after my retirement).
Am I correct?
If yes, someone knows the steps I should follow to get a cedula de idendidade whilst residing abroad?
Should my brazilian passport and brazilian birth certificate suffice?
And which brazilian offices should I contact?
Thanks to those who'll be able to help me
Glimpser

Yes, you should have an Identity Card, which in Brazil is called a "RG", "Registro Geral", if you plan on spending much time in the country.   (If not, it's probably not worth a special trip.)  It looks like your Título de Eleitor, but a little smaller.

RGs are issued at the municipal level, but are valid nationwide.  Next time you're in Brazil, check with the local police to find out where the office is that issues them.

Thanks for your reply, Abthree.
A couple of questions, if I may.
Do you know if the RG has to be renewed like, for example, a passport (every 10 years)?
Do you feel I should be able to obtain a RG in a three weeks time? That is the time I am planning to spend in Brazil next year, with morning lessons to learn some portuguese and free afternoons to move around as a tourist.

The RG is permanent for adults:  adolescents need to renew it every couple of years as they grow, but once you pass 21, that's permitted but no longer required.

If you go to the central identification office in the city where you're studying, they should turn it around in about a week - that's how long mine took after I became a citizen.   Branch offices take longer, so go to the central office.