Quarantine in Bulgaria

Hi all I am looking for advice. I am UK citizen currently in UK and have a home in Bulgaria which I have sold. I have to be in Bulgaria to complete the sale first 2 weeks of August. If the 14 day quarantine in Bulgaria is not lifted would I be able to get essential food shopping on way from airport to house? I do not have friends or family in BG that could help me. Thank you

Jenfy wrote:

Hi all I am looking for advice. I am UK citizen currently in UK and have a home in Bulgaria which I have sold. I have to be in Bulgaria to complete the sale first 2 weeks of August. If the 14 day quarantine in Bulgaria is not lifted would I be able to get essential food shopping on way from airport to house? I do not have friends or family in BG that could help me. Thank you

Euhm no you cannot be in quarantine and visit the stores. I would recommend you to bring your food over from the UK if the quarantine isn't lifted. You can always go later in the year of course.

Thank you, but I have no choice when I go to BG, the sale completes first 2 weeks of August

Depending on where your place is in Bulgaria, there are grocery delivery services.  Probably just in the cities, but you could check.

Thank you I have looked. My house is in a rural village so no chance of any delivery. Just really hoping quarantine is lifted by start of August. I have to go to finalize house sale and pack up my belongings cannot be delayed any later than that. Nightmare.

Best of luck. I'm sorry I don't have any more suggestions to offer. Maybe someone on this site will come up with some ideas. Good luck! :)

Jenfy wrote:

Thank you I have looked. My house is in a rural village so no chance of any delivery. Just really hoping quarantine is lifted by start of August. I have to go to finalize house sale and pack up my belongings cannot be delayed any later than that. Nightmare.

Like I said bring your groceries with you from the UK.

Hi.

Just a suggestion. But if you have been using an estate agent  or the buyers are close by. Why not simply ask either of them to get a few groceries for you and leave them at the property.
Surly they would be happy to help rather than the sale be dalayed.

Susan...

Jenfy
The other problem you got over and above food is if in quarantine you can't leave your property till 15th day.
How will you be able to finalize the sale if can't leave the house in those 2 weeks .
You may need to get a power of attorney to help to do the transfer .

Jenfy
Just seen this post .so next few days may have more up to date information on the 14 day quarantine .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047872 … 573222131/

Hi nothing found on the FB link, says content not found. What is it?

Just says state of emergency in Bulgaria till end of July .
But government looking in next few days to maybe lift tge quarantine .
Just need to keep a look out in these next days

Ask British embassy Sofia .send email and they will answer you .
Google it and see there website .
May help you in next few days for update

Thank you

Where is your house? Asking because we know several people in BG.  Is a real estate agent doing the selling? Perhaps they could organise food for you if the quarantine is still in place.

Yes our agent is going to organise food for us if need be thanks

That's great news. We're stuck in Australia waiting for the borders to open and our BG visas to be processed. Love BG and are really keen to return.

Hi, there is no quarantine anymore so you have no problem :) Good luck with you property sale

Best wishes

On this post, depending on where you are I am sure many people will help you. 

I have a full time driver.   Where is your home and I will see if I can help.