2 Year RNE Expirations . Travel difficulties during Covid-19

Most of us are aware of the Law that will nix our RNE if outside Brazil for two years. (Art. 49, IV of Law No. 6815/1980).

However, I've seen where other countries are pausing such requirements.

Currently I'm in the USA and it's a bad time to travel back to Brazil. Very few flights etc because of CV-19. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything specifically pausing this law. They mention some things on the PF website, but I'm no lawyer :).

Tim

I have the same problem and I have heard nothing so far.

Jim

PDF began allowing those with immigration expiration under the emergency declaration an extension until the declaration has been removed. PF is not assisting visas, CRNM and such until then.
BR consulates are only accepting emergency passport applications.

Seems clear as mud. The Consulate in New York has all the gobly-gook posted here is a piece of it which may pertain:

[Migration Regularization procedures are those that refer to Refuge, Asylum, Statelessness and other hypotheses of residence authorization fixed by the national legislation;

The expiration dates for protocols, IDs and other documents related to Migration Regularization activities are deemed to be extended until the end of the public health emergency situation, when a new guidance from the General Coordination of Immigration Police will be edited];”

Like I said previously, I'm no lawyer. We may fall into the hypothesis category. My wife's cousin works for the PF in Vitoria. I'm going to see if he can give me a straight answer. It might take a while. Will post back when I hear.

Link yo NY Consulate page is here:

http://novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/News.xml

Section is March 20th, section III.

Thanks for now.

Tim

Just to clarify. My ID is not expiring as I'm over 60. The only issue would be “revocation” due to being outside Brazil over two years.  I don't believe revocation = expiration. As I've said, I'm not a lawyer. The other countries I saw who addressed this specifically mentioned the rule for revocation of resident card due to being outside of country.

It does touch on your issue:

[Migration Regularization procedures are those that refer to Refuge, Asylum, Statelessness and other hypotheses of residence authorization fixed by the national legislation;

The expiration dates for protocols, IDs and other documents related to Migration Regularization activities are deemed to be extended until the end of the public health emergency situation, when a new guidance from the General Coordination of Immigration Police will be edited];”
All dates and migration issues had been extended.
Better information on the PF website.
Stay tuned into PF...New boss may have ideas on the extension easing.

I got in touch with my wifes cousin who works for the PF in Vitoria. BTW, he is working from home . He got in touch with a co-worker who basically reiterated that everything is suspended. He gave me the email address where one could send queries for specific information in writing. It is immigrant services [email protected]  .

I also suggested they set up a mailing list to push out updates and he's going to suggest that. For now, he's expecting at least two more months of work at home at his office in Vitoria ES.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Tim