Sorry -- Another Newbie! Looking for cities/area to consider...

Hello all,

My wife and I are nearing retirement in Florida and are considering becoming expats in Malta.  I'm well-traveled in the US but I've never been there; never been to Europe.  We would be long-term renters needing a furnished place at probably no more than 700-800 Euro/month; less would be good.  I'm thinking of Gozo, hoping it would be mellower and cheaper?  We don't necessarily need to live in an expat community; I'm sure we'll find them once we get settled.

So my first question would be what neighborhoods/cities/area would be good to consider?  And which to avoid?

Thanks so much for your time and your comments!

DJ

Before deciding to move here you need to come for a holiday, Gozo is a very small island which you may find to be too small.  There is a topic on here for new people to introduce theirselves, you may find some information you require on there.  With regards to coming here for a holiday this year may be out of the question with the virus as at the moment the airport is closed and only used to bring
Maltese back from other countries and they then have to be quarantined.

Thank you for your response.  I'll go and introduce myself.  I agree we'd need to come over for a few days and look around, which would be excellent.