Visa/entry for foreigners !

I know it is a very premature question,

Does anyone have a clue of when boarders may open!?

we are supposed to be travelling to Vietnam (Hanoi) towards the end of July.

We are both teachers (Maths teachers) and school is providing the visa and sponsorship.
The uncertainty is driving me crazy at the moment, so any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Anybodies guess at the moment
Personally I can't see a reason not to open Cambodian border as they have had no new cases longer than vn, it would at least help the visa situation

This video gives a good indication what to expect.
Vietnam Tourism - When will the country re-open

A really good investment would be in a company that makes crystal balls.

3Tee wrote:

*Vietnam Tourism - When will the country re-open*

"The short answer is, we don't know at this time"

Quite a profound video by The Bike Guy.

I stopped viewing after he said that...

Not knowing for sure is inherent when talking about future and is not only limited to the situation now.
I like the vid because he presented the thinking of Vietnam's government on how they intent to support tourist business. It reveals what government is thinking how it will most likely develop.
It was and is always good to know the thinking of decision makers we depend on to tune own expectations.
I guess the threat starter can draw some conclusions to his intentions.

Yeah, but only when people are able to read them 😅
Some crystal ball readers who are familiar with pandemics talked about possible scenarios.

https://vietnaminsider.vn/coronavirus-l … -infected/

Thanks!

It's all up in the air at the moment, isn't it?

Have not seen my wife and son for months now and miss them.

Don't know when I will be able to apply for a VEC from London. But it looks like it could be a case of months not weeks.

I retired 2/28 and had a scheduled flight to Hanoi 3/25 to enjoy a new life adventure in Vietnam.  3/22 the world changed.

Well, 4 canceled flights later,  i still got a new life adventure!

We can moan and groan.  Or embrace the situation with hope and optimism, and humility.  I made my choice.

Wish you all good health and prosperity.

Dj

cruisemonkey wrote:

A really good investment would be in a company that makes crystal balls.

Nah, Magic 8-Ball is the way to go.  Mattel is the company to invest in.

reza.ghnvt wrote:

We are both teachers (Maths teachers) and school is providing the visa and sponsorship.
The uncertainty is driving me crazy at the moment, so any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Did you sucessfully enter Vietnam?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
3Tee wrote:

I was a convert to the bike guy, but after a while you start to see through him & think........is this guy for real! some of the stuff he says & posts is like..........is he living in the same country as me?

goodolboy wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
3Tee wrote:

I was a convert to the bike guy, but after a while you start to see through him & think........is this guy for real! some of the stuff he says & posts is like..........is he living in the same country as me?

Agree, I watched a video of his and found him to be nauseating.

Blind Freddy and his dog could tell you what is happening about tourism in Vietnam. The Bike Guy should be a politician as he talks in circles.

There will never be a cure for Covid-19, just the same as Influenza. There will be inoculations that will help protect you contacting the covid, just like the flu.

In the short term it's just hurry up and wait for an inoculation to be developed and accepted by governments throughout the world. In the interim, global international, tourism will remain in limbo.

Many businesses have, and will, continue to go bankrupt. The challenge for us who travel internationally is that which airline will survive without international routes to fill their bank accounts.
:sick:unsure

reza.ghnvt wrote:

If the school certifies you as an expert with the government, then they should be able to get you to enter the country.

But if the school is only talking about being your sponsor like a lot of schools do, you'll have to wait until you are officially certified an expert

Safepeter wrote:

Blind Freddy and his dog could tell you what is happening about tourism in Vietnam. The Bike Guy should be a politician as he talks in circles. :lol::lol:

There will never be a cure for Covid-19, just the same as Influenza. There will be inoculations that will help protect you contacting the covid, just like the flu.

In the short term it's just hurry up and wait for an inoculation to be developed and accepted by governments throughout the world. In the interim, global international, tourism will remain in limbo.

Many businesses have, and will, continue to go bankrupt. The challenge for us who travel internationally is that which airline will survive without international routes to fill their bank accounts.
:sick:unsure

Qatar or Emerates are about as safe as you will get,  I think anyways.