Visa Run Hanoi-Cau Treo Laos Border

Hello, does anyone have recent informations on the visa run Hanoi-Cau Treo Laos Border ?

Which bus company? trip cost? Daily travel ?

Since the Covid a lot of information are obsolete.

Thx.

Hello, does anyone have recent informations on the visa run Hanoi-Cau Treo Laos Border ?

Thx.
-@Brecon

Hi Brecon,

Welcome to the English language Vietnam forum.

Did you possibly check on the "Official Hanoi Massive" face.book group?

Anyone providing or using the service is almost certainly active there.

I've asked ADMIN to move your post to the Hanoi forum here on expat.com in hopes you get more attention for your post.

If you don't find anything, feel free to send me a PM and I'll see if friends in Hanoi can help you.

Cheers!

O.B.

P.S. Flights to Vientiane, Laos are a little spendy right now, but Air Asia has some cheap round-trip flights Hanoi/Bangkok/Hanoi non stop.

Considering all factors, a trip to Thailand is a valid option.

Thx.
-@Brecon

Hi Brecon,

Welcome to the English language Vietnam forum.

Did you possibly check on the "Official Hanoi Massive" face.book group?

Anyone providing or using the service is almost certainly active there.

I've asked ADMIN to move your post to the Hanoi forum here on expat.com in hopes you get more attention for your post.

If you don't find anything, feel free to send me a PM and I'll see if friends in Hanoi can help you.

Cheers!

O.B.

P.S. Flights to Vientiane, Laos are a little spendy right now, but Air Asia has some cheap round-trip flights Hanoi/Bangkok/Hanoi non stop.

Considering all factors, a trip to Thailand is a valid option.
-@OceanBeach92107

& if you are on the list of eligible countries to enter Thailand visa free you dont lose a full page of your passport, also Singapore is a largely forgotten option!

I posted this morning on it : "Official Hanoi Massive" . my post is still pending ... 6 hours later...

I prefer the cheaper solutions, flying is good and easy options but around 200 euros. Not this time.

Thx for answers and for help.

1f600.svg

I posted this morning on it : "Official Hanoi Massive" . my post is still pending ... 6 hours later...
I prefer the cheaper solutions, flying is good and easy options but around 200 euros. Not this time.
Thx for answers and for help.
1f600.svg
-@Brecon

I received and replied to your private message.

Here is a little bit of what I wrote to you:

You cannot use a Laos Evisa at any of the Vietnam/Laos border crossings.

if you want to do a border run by bus you would be advised to go to the Laos Embassy in Hanoi and get an actual Visa stamp in your passport.

I haven't heard back from my Visa agent in Hanoi yet, but there is one company in Hanoi that apparently provides a service.

Search for "VietLaoBus" on Google & Face.book

If I get more information from my Visa agent I will post it here.

Good luck!

(added)

I just spoke with my visa agent and she confirmed that you must go to the Embassy of Laos in Hanoi in order to get a Visa in your passport before going to the border.

Then you can simply take a bus to the border and return on another bus.

She doesn't know of a particular company that is arranging these border runs collectively.

Of course, she also mentioned that you must have your e Visa completed before then.

You can do that on the same website that you used to get your entry Visa.

If you need some type of assistance with that send me another message and let me know.

Also, I'm seeing a same day, round trip HAN-DMK-HAN for €157

Cheers!

(PS: is there a reason why you want to take such a long bus ride south for your border run? I'm pretty sure there are border crossings closer to Hanoi that would cut your bus ride in half)

i am able to ask a visa at entry as i am French. Thx for informations. After research i believe Cau treo allowed tourism and have a immigration point. And closer gates dont have immigration point, and are only for train of merchandises and trucks.

I am not sure about this , but each time i look for. I found Cau Treo and not other gates.

i already called vietlaobus , they have stopped this travel.

For Cau Treo, you absolutely must already have the Laos Visa and a Vietnamese visa in your pocket. no issuance of visa on arrival.

At Nuoc Ngam Sation .Office 10 for ticket. The guy at office 11 speak English. 1.6 million round trip.

Route every day. (Hanoi Vientiane) the bus leaves Hanoi at 6 p.m. it arrives at Cau Treo at 5 a.m. 

The road is horrible, Bus arrive at 5 am, border open at 7 am. Little restaurant near border.

At immigration dont hesitate to push your Visa, because all drivers want leave fast and will go in front of you with lot of passeports.

In Cau Treo there is a bus that goes back at 8 a.m (Vientiane Hanoi ) . and arrives in Hanoi at 6 p.m.

Good luck 1f923.svg1f923.svg