Accurate Time of Posts

I find when posting in a normal morning hours here in the Philippines  it shows up as yesterdays post because the time stamping of the forum is from another part of the world.

It would behoove the creators of the expat forums to change their software to reflect the current local time of posters.

For example this post is posted on April 30 th, 0935 AM, but is time clocked 0335 AM

:o

I am not that worried about it.   :)

More important things in the world to worry about, than what time something is posted.   :top:

It's not likely people sit on this site all day and wait for post's.  And none of the post's are time critical.

Agreed whats a few hours lost going to impact OLD RETIRED expats?

:D

Time in the Philippines is more of a myth than a reality.

pej1111 wrote:

More important things in the world to worry about, than what time something is posted.   :top:

It's not likely people sit on this site all day and wait for post's.  And none of the post's are time critical.

Yes agreed, more important things in the world. I myself don't worry, why worry? are you worried?

I just thought checking in to see what's posted,  posted today, it doesn't make sense to see it as yesterdays posts, almost as bad as people on this forum responding to posts from years ago.

There are people that do look at the site more than once a day  out of boredom. During normal times I wouldn't even check unless I received an email that somebody responded to my post.

You can't get the news on TV in English. This site has more relevant info and news beyond the Philippines regarding Expats.

Your reply says you posted it at 5 am hahahahaha

W9XR wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

Yes agreed, more important things in the world. I myself don't worry, why worry? are you worried?

I just thought checking in to see what's posted,  posted today, it doesn't make sense to see it as yesterdays posts, almost as bad as people on this forum responding to posts from years ago.

There are people that do look at the site more than once a day  out of boredom. During normal times I wouldn't even check unless I received an email that somebody responded to my post.

You can't get the news on TV in English. This site has more relevant info and news beyond the Philippines regarding Expats.

Exactly!
:D

W9XR wrote:

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Post time check.

Looks like it post on Hawaiian time. Where else would one like to live if you were an American?

But as long as the posts are in order and how old they are in hours who cares?

Lat61 wrote:

See above.

Lat61 wrote:

All is well . . . . One thing I failed to consider  some of the Expats in the Philippines really don't care what time it is especially when they don't know what day it is.

Hahahahaha

This is expat.com which represents all 24 time zones not just the Philippines. So I'm guessing you would be happier if it was date stamped it with Hawaii Time Zone ?  (GMT-10)

Lat61 wrote:

This is expat.com which represents all 24 time zones not just the Philippines. So I'm guessing you would be happier if it was date stamped it with Hawaii Time Zone ?  (GMT-10)

Well I believe I'm posting on expat.com (Philippines) I think it would be nice to time stamp on our local time (Philippines).

It would be better if just posted how long ago to the minute.

Lat61 wrote:

Looks like it post on Hawaiian time. Where else would one like to live if you were an American?

Afraid not Lat61, you may be one of those that don't know what day it is. Hawaiian time is 18 hours behind us.

That is probably done for the benefit of admin so they know when they acted on a particular subject/item based on their local time. Probably Mauritius local time...

robal

robal wrote:

That is probably done for the benefit of admin so they know when they acted on a particular subject/item based on their local time. Probably Mauritius local time...

robal

Exactly. . . . Mauritius time.

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?  25 or 6 to four.

TeeJay4103 wrote:

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?  25 or 6 to four.

Chicago, great band and song,,,,,,,, showing my age as well as going off topic but apparently according to the OP that's ok. As for my post here? (time) It is now and whether you read it today or next year it is there. When I log into this or other sites  I don't look at the time posted but the new posts/contributions to existing since I last logged in or search a topic relevant to me. I too see 5 year old posts resurrected (been there) and simply see it was relevant to the researcher/poster or myself, many of these forgotten cobweb infected posts have great information,,,,,,,,, mostly,,,,,,,, and at times are resurrected by those that found them and is what they are looking at for information to their particular situation, this and other expat sites are libraries created by expats so remember your contributions are there for all to see until the world ends, let's not worry about minutes but what you do with them for the benefit of firstly yourself and then others. Again OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I'm on "the well know time zone of "Philippines time". So it matters not.

I get more disturbed what someone replies to a post, without quoting, and the reply seems to show up after other posts.  Sometimes this makes it difficult to know what post is being replied to.

bigpearl wrote:
TeeJay4103 wrote:

Chicago, great band and song,,,,,,,, showing my age as well as going off topic but apparently according to the OP that's ok. As for my post here? (time) It is now and whether you read it today or next year it is there. When I log into this or other sites  I don't look at the time posted but the new posts/contributions to existing since I last logged in or search a topic relevant to me. I too see 5 year old posts resurrected (been there) and simply see it was relevant to the researcher/poster or myself, many of these forgotten cobweb infected posts have great information,,,,,,,,, mostly,,,,,,,, and at times are resurrected by those that found them and is what they are looking at for information to their particular situation, this and other expat sites are libraries created by expats so remember your contributions are there for all to see until the world ends, let's not worry about minutes but what you do with them for the benefit of firstly yourself and then others. Again OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Time has come today,

Time is on my side, yes it is.

If I could save time in a bottle

TeeJay4103 wrote:

If I could save time in a bottle

You would make the cover of Time Magazine.

Time is money