Den Haag to Rotterdam

Hi everyone!  :cheers:

I'm planning to move to Den Haag but commuting everyday to Rotterdam for work, 10 minutes walking from Rotterdam central station.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend nice areas in Den Haag that would also be good in terms of commute to Rotterdam?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Den Haag has a train station; the train takes about 30 minutes to get to Rotterdam, although I think the commute will be very busy.  There is also a bus, generally cheaper, but slower than the train - you can get all the details of where they stop with a simple search on Google Maps.

Where they stop will then give you some clues of places to live.  Word of warning; rental accommodation anywhere in the Netherlands is in short supply and because of this very expensive, particularly in Den Haag; watch out for scammers.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Den Haag has a train station; the train takes about 30 minutes to get to Rotterdam, although I think the commute will be very busy.  There is also a bus, generally cheaper, but slower than the train - you can get all the details of where they stop with a simple search on Google Maps.

Where they stop will then give you some clues of places to live.  Word of warning; rental accommodation anywhere in the Netherlands is in short supply and because of this very expensive, particularly in Den Haag; watch out for scammers.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for your advice, Cynic!

Don't forget the 40% discount you can get with your own personalised OV card and other discount offers that public transport has to offer. The route between Den Haag - Rotterdam is way easier from Den Haag HS rather than Den Haag Centraal