Entrepreneurs in Egypt : how does the crisis impact your work

Hello everyone,

As the world comes to a halt, we wanted to hear from the entrepreneurs in Egypt.
While new challenges arise from the current context, we think this is a good time to share your story, especially if you are a business owner in Egypt.
That's why we invite you to answer the following questions:

What is your industry and the size of your company located in Egypt?

How does the crisis impact you, financially, economically and personally? On the other hand, have you seen new business opportunities emerge?

Have you managed to set up a teleworking approach? If so, how was the transition?

Have you had to take difficult measures? Do you mind sharing them with us and tell us what you learnt from them?

Do you have any advice to give or practices that you have put in place that you would like to keep at the end of the crisis?

We thank you for your participation and wish you a good day :)

Stay safe,

Loïc

I am interested to know why these very detailed questions are being asked for on a platform such as this ?

Also for exactly what purpose .......and for whom?

Hello everyone, i hope all of u in great health...
First my name is Karim (Printing Consultant) and i have my own business located in Cairo.
my company size before "Covied 19" was 12 employees and after pandemic became just 3 employees. it is logic to downsize and rebuild our future plan.
Crisis impact...
Financially we shocked coz we lost 80% of our basic orders and cash flow. this industry like food industry has many sectors so my sector depend on luxury work and niche market.
Personally.. sure my vision changed 360 degree. working from home gives me more time for self learning, reading, improve my health and how expand my business.
Business opportunities specially in Egypt sure will appear in services like medical, food chains. etc and the big booming will be in tech.. yes that the transition and i am now study how to serv my products online...
i hope my answer is useful
thanks

we help each other with our knowledge

Certainly many businesses in other parts of the world would not share this information
they would think it  far too inquisitive 

China would be one good and interesting example  ... U.S.A  . U.K. etc  etc..also....

As the business "mind set " is highly competative  and therefore  invariably kept private .....

so as not to disadvantage the business with their competetors...( and yes even during this SARS-CoV-2)

( Unless of course the company  are large enough to be open to pubic inspection  )

At the end of the day business is business .

Egypt is no exception as I know many people in business here and many would not telegraph what is going on with their  business endevours ....they would keep that within the company.

And not write about it in a post.