Possible move to Bulgaria

Hello, advice needed. Once this pandemic is under control I'll be looking to relocate from the UK possibly to Bulgaria. Housing appears to be far cheaper than the UK, how about employment general living expenses. What would be the best area to look into?

Thank you in advance.

I'm from the US, not the UK, but I moved here about a year ago. I'm retired, so I can't advise on employment, but housing is definitely less than in the US, and I believe it's also less than in the UK.  I'm in Sofia and like it a lot.  The UK expats seem to be largely in the rural areas, so maybe some of them can chime in.

Definitely houses are much cheaper than UK. Cost of living is very low, especially if you buy rural. House tax etc is unbelievably cheap. I would definitely recommend moving to BG

Thank you, where would you recommend looking? Is there employment for Foreigners?

I am retired so don't know about work. Our house is in a village about 45 mins from Burgas. Which has all shops etc, airport.
For cheaper properties and running costs don't look too close to the sea. Hope this helps

Extremely helpful, thank you. I've seen houses in the 20-30k Euro range, is that realistic? Are the Bulgarians welcoming to outsiders?

Thank you in advance.

Depends what kind of house you are looking for. You need to use a reputable agent who ensures all paperwork etc is legal. I can recommend ours who we have used since 2008. Bulgarians are very friendly, especially in the villages.

I have to sell a house in the USA first, then briefly get back to the UK! Once it's safe to travel again of course. That's good to hear how friendly the locals are. I wouldn't want a condo or similar, just a two - three bedroom with a little land.

Many thanks

[Post deleted]

Hi
here there are very interesting occasions:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Houses4saleinBulgaria

I endorse living in Bulgaria.   there are many wonderful locations.  Houses in rural villiages are very low priced however the population in small villiages is declining and it may be a trek for shopping or medical services.   So travel around a bit prior to making a decision. 

Seaside areas are very popular and many are extremely overbuilt with prices at a fraction of what they were 4 and 5 years ago.  Some of these areas are ghost towns after the season closes however there are many choices within one hour from Burgas or Varna. 

Sofia is very overpriced and crowded.  Plovdiv is very popular. 

Employment is a challenge as the wages are very low.  If you have skills that can be employed on the internet or a special skill then you should be able to generate enough to supplement your income.   Unless you already have an income from another source you should be cautious.